“Neighborhood Gem”

Cross street: University Dr. Just So.of Broward
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Neighborhood Gem”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Recently had a birthday celebration there
Lovely food, delightful service.
Absolutely love their shrimp and grits (though I would like a little more heat on the shrimp - needs a little more kick). The lamb appetizer was terrific and a full meal for our elderly celebrant.
Desserts were lovely, and large.
This is a good value for the dollar. Reservations are definitely recommended hey will accommodate and seat walkins at the bar, which has very comfortable seating.

1 Thank Shar H

Brookline, Massachusetts
“Yummy Food - Top Notch Service”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This girl's night out was a relaxed and delicious meal. Our server was fun and attentive but still allowed us to converse without too many interruptions which is my pet peave at some restaurants. We shared a salad with strawberries and pecans which was yummy. All 3 of us loved our entrees. I had short ribs with a wild mushroom marsala sauce. It was quite large a portion of meat and was displayed nicely so I assumed it still had the bone, but as I ate the whole portion was ultra tender meat which was a wonderful surprise. My sister had the duck with cherry which she loved and our friend had a fish special of the night which was also great. I would certainly recommend and go back myself when in the area.

Davie, Florida
“A little disappointed”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

This was my third time eating here and enjoyed myself each time. Tonight, the food was not as good as before. The lobster gnocchi starter was very salty. I ordered the crispy duck. The menu says it is a 1/2 duck, but I did not expect just the back end of the duck! Doesn't a duck have a breast. I was served 2 legs and 2 thighs. It seemed they kept the more expensive duck breast to serve for something else. It was very expensive for what we got.

Visited February 2014
fort lauderdale
“How can one mess up salad”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Had lunch there. Heard good things. Ordered the Cobb. Chicken was not grilled but was some processed deli meat. Hard boiled eggs were unacceptable as they were previously frozen and not properly served. Service was fine but I don't understand how they could mess this up. Bad first impression.

Cooper City, Florida
“Great food with a little attitude on the side”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Nice neighborhood place to go for an upscale, yet simple lunch. Contemporary decor, soft lighting, and laid back atmosphere make for a pleasent experience. The two sandwiches we tried were delicious, and I would venture to say that the rest on the menu are equally as good. Why not the fifth star? Two reasons: 1. No options whatsoever for what your sandwich is served with. I saw other plates coming out with couscous and potato salad (strange combo) which I am not a fan of. A few chips and just about anything else woud have been just fine. Instead of a simple substitution, I was invited to buy some fries or something else. Which leads me to reason #2: The "pissy", unaccommodating and aloof attitude of the waiter. Sorry, did not get his name to pass it along

• Visited December 2013