“Outstanding Food, Great Atmosphere”

Mustard Seed Bistro
Ranked #4 of 244 Restaurants in Plantation
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: University Dr. Just So.of Broward
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I had lunch here and we really loved it. I had been here for a business dinner and it was pretty awesome, but did not know that they had such great and affordable lunch options. The sandwiches were delicious. You cannot go wrong with any of them. Do not miss their signature cupcakes. That is what they are known for. I strongly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

On our way to another restaurant to celebrate multiple birthdays with friends we hit a horrendous rain storm. Since we were in Plantation, and one of our group had dined here for lunch, we pulled in asked if they had room for us. Everyone was extremely nice and gave us a good table considering we had no reservation on a Saturday night. The service was excellent, the food really excellent, and the atmosphere was quite nice. For a last second choice I feel we hit the jackpot. Would definitely go back again, this time with Mustard Seed as the actual destination.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We followed this little bistro when the moved several years ago to this larger location. Known for over the top cupcakes, the consistently deliver high quality lunch and dinner. Last night, we enjoyed excellent pistachio crusted salmon and skirt stake. Service was good but not intrusive. The side of brussel sprouts was amazing. Sadly, there were no cupcakes so we need to remember to reserve some next visit. Parking is ample and dress is casual. Pricing is moderate. Enjoy!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had lunch at the Mustard Seed Bistro this past weekend. We went with another couple who raved about the food. Let me first say something positive...the food was quite good. Now this is where it all goes down hill. We waited a long time for our food and when we did get our order, the entrees came out before the appetizers. We were annoyed especially since the table next to us who sat down after us, had food on their table way before we did. When we questioned the waitress, she said in a tone that was so rude and obnoxious that she knows that the appetizers were to come out first but it wasn't her fault that she got seated 4 tables at the same time. She then takes an empty glass of ice and slams it down on our table and storms off. We were all in shock. What we had hoped for was a nice lunch with friends became an uncomfortable situation. The waitress then begins to tell all the other staff about what happened and we started getting dirty looks. The female owner comes over and tried to rectify the situation but then said to us "we'll she said you said blah blah blah"'. I was surprised that she actually said that and not "I'm so sorry . She did take off both appetizers from the bill, big deal. The waitress is about 5'4 olive skin light eyes and full lips. Her hair was brown in in a ponytail. I am describing her because the owner refused to give us her name but I want everyone to know what she looks like so you can ask for another server. If you want ok food and like to be verbally abused than this is the place for you. It doesn't surprise me that they closed down the other location on pine island and griffin.

2  Thank iandsmom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very good food, good service, good quality food. A bit pricey, but,tasty. The fish is very fresh, the lamb was delicious, the meats all very good. The desserts very yummy. The only thing is that it can be very loud, so if you're looking for a quite dinner, the acoustics in this place are not very good. Unless it's a night where it's not busy.