“Oasis”
Review of Green Wave Cafe

Green Wave Cafe
Ranked #43 of 243 Restaurants in Plantation
Description: A quaint cafe with impecable unique Vegan Cuisine. We specialize in Gluten Free, Organic and Vegan Living Food (Raw) Cuisine.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I am going to start with A Wow!!! A place where healthy tasty and beautiful comes together. Had hummus ...my first raw one, was served with raw crackers....it took us few minutes to leave plate empty, salad dressings are very good. I tried ceasar and he tried sweet one, each one thought that his is the best ever. Raw burgers were simply perfect, colorful and yummy. Green sweet lovely juice to wash it all down. Wonderful value, To be repeated soon!!!

2  Thank Orit B

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Slow slow slow service. Took 45 min to get our food and then 1 hr for a smoothie we ordered. Never coming back. This place can't handle any business. More than 1 person in here causes havoc.

5  Thank Gabsalot25
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My first experience with raw food was not pleasant. The food was bland, more interested in being appealing to the eye rather than the palate and at some times just completely inedible. This turned me away from raw food for quite some time, I think even more than a year. I frequently would talk about trying another restaurant, however couldn't shake the ill feelings that my first try left.

For my best friend's birthday I decided to surprise her by finding a raw restaurant, one with good reviews and something less pretentious food. Green Wave Café inPlantation,FL looked perfect. Albeit a far drive from Miami, especially in rush hour traffic, once we pulled into the quaint shopping plaza and saw the sign, I knew I'd made the right decision. The entrance to Green Wave looks like a restaurant you'd expect in a small town, as though you were being invited into someone's home rather than a restaurant. Space is limited, as the restaurant is very small, however the intimate experience with the staff and the ability to watch all aspects of your food being prepared more than makes up for the lack of seating. There are two or three high-top tables and several barstools to sit along the kitchen.

The menu includes several options, of which we chose their nacho appetizer, a cheeseburger, the hummus sandwich and homemade ice cream. The nachos were by far the star of the evening, made on their housemade onion bread (which was only because they were out of the crackers, however this was so delicious I recommend requesting the onion bread). A perfect combination of sweet and savory, the nachos were something I will be craving for years to come. I ordered the hummus sandwich, which is more lettuce than hummus or bread. The bread again was the delicious onion bread, however I don't think I would order the hummus sandwich again. BFF ordered the cheeseburger, which again was delicious. Smothered in the same cheese sauce as the nachos, with mushrooms, onions and again on their amazing onion bread, I would absolutely recommend trying this. For dessert we were treated to a free ice cream for Jessica's birthday, she chose chocolate. I also wanted to try their vanilla ice cream, so we ordered both. I cannot believe there was no dairy in the ice cream, it was rich and smooth, delicious.

This is a new favorite restaurant for us and we will be certainly visiting again. My only complaint is that it is so far from Miami, otherwise I'd probably be there every day. Thank you, Green Wave Café, for showing me that raw food can be delicious. If I had your chefs preparing all my meals, I know that I could eat raw on a regular basis. The staff is lovely, knowledgeable and willing to talk you through how they make each item. If you haven't yet tried raw food, Green Wave Café is the place to go.

4  Thank RavenFoodie
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I've been to the Hippocrates Institute in West Palm Beach and their food was okay, but I absolutely loved the food @ Green Wave Cafe.

And, NO, I'm not a vegan.

If you want a tasty and healthy meal that will make you feel good about yourself, you must go!

3  Thank Adamant1235
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Organic dishes are created while you wait, fresh and Vegan. I had the Guacamole and salsa for appetizer and was outstanding! For main entree we had the American Burger and the Hummus Open Sandwich, both were delicious. I will definitely be coming back. It's a gem in a small hidden location.