“Excellent Neopolitan Brick Oven Pizza In Plantation”
Review of Pizzafire - CLOSED

Pizzafire
Reviewed February 3, 2018

PizzaFire will definitely be a success in Plantation.

It's great to see a new restaurant work to perfection when it first opens. The company and young people who are running this newly opened franchise pizzeria really have their act together!

I came in for a late lunch on a Saturday afternoon. PizzaFire had just opened this weekend. It is nearly around the corner from my home and directly across the street from my LA Fitness Gym.

There were a lot crew members, all of them super friendly.

I asked if I could take a few pictures, letting them know straight off that I was planning on writing a TripAdvisor review. No problem! Adam Bursztein, the manager, even posed with a few of his team member. Then, Adam (and one of his other people) was totally open to answering all of my questions.

Their business model is pretty simple. You order the pizza you want at the far right of their counter. Then, you follow your pizza as it travels with their pizza chef along the counter, where you choose your toppings.

Each pizza includes whole milk mozzarella cheese, sauce and one free topping. The dough is freshly made in the store and rolled out to order for your pizza. Toppings are applied from ones visible at the counter. Additional toppings are available at 50¢ each.

From a production standpoint they had a few touches that really impressed me. First, the oven has a great engineering design. The oven is gas operated. It's round and made of brick. A nifty engineering innovation is that the "stone" the pizza sits on as it bakes rotates at a fixed speed. That means that the variables of time and exposure to heat are 100% consistent. Even the time in the oven is consistent; 180 seconds (3 minutes) start to finish. (There's no need for a pizza maker to move the pizza around during the baking process.) So, the crust and the melt of the cheese is perfect every time.

Though they are using "kids" to make the pizzas they have all of the key variables controlled. For example, the young lady putting cheese on my pizza used a measuring cup to assure perfect portion control. (Then, she spotted a few open places on the cheese covering and added a few extra pieces!)

They have a choice of two meat-free sauces. I chose the spicy Neapolitan version. I like spicy and it was very good. But, for most people I'd suggest you start with their basic sauce as the Neapolitan might have just a bit more "kick" than many Americans are used to.

My Napolitana pizza ~9" or 10" cost $6.99. That was with what they called French Fried Onions.

The pizza was first rate. Great tasting sauce, perfectly done crust and good cheese.

A fountain drink was $1.99. So, for $9.61, including tax, I had an excellent, filling lunch.

My bonus was that PizzaFire also offers a vegan pizza. Since my kids are vegans I can now take them to a local pizzeria that's a fun dining experience.

Quiet was another plus for this location. There were only a few people in the room. But, the noise level was very low...unlike a lot of other modern restaurants where you can barely hear yourself think over the noise.

Everyone on the staff was extremely friendly and answered all of my questions. They even brought out a packet of the vegan cheese they used so that I could examine the ingredients to assure me that this was, indeed, truly OK for vegans.

My Bottom Line: Try PizzaFire. You're going to like it...a lot!

Date of visit: February 2018