“Good resonably priced”

Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here the same weekend at the person who posted they had items stolen March 2nd to March 5th and had a great experience. My friend and I wanted a place to stay while we were out shopping and enjoying the night life of Miami.

The breakfast was included and it was a good continental breakfast. Lots of parking and the décor of the hotel was very modern and nice. Not a lot of amenities, but it is a good hotel if you just want somewhere to rest your head while on vacation that is clean.

I plan to stay here again when I come back to ft. Lauderdale.

Room Tip: ask for room on corner, they are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Also, we have now added full liquor to our bar to add to the amenities of the hotel.

We are looking forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at Hyatt Plantation from March 2nd to March 9th. On the last day somebody broke into our room and into our locked bags, stealing many items from them, ranging from a laptop to chocolate bars.

I immediately reported the theft to the manager, who got very defensive and said there was nothing the hotel could do about it, except call the police, because the hotel was not responsible for the theft. (although there was no safe in the room nor cameras on the corridors). We decided to call the police and press charge.

I am also trying to solve this directly with the hotel. I believe that they have responsibility for my security in their room. I sent several e-mails to the management and still don´t have their final position.

This is unacceptable. I got robbed inside the hotel and the hotel took no responsibility whatsoever. This is a serious lack of security and a serious case of contempt by the hotel management.

I decided to stay at Hyatt based on its reputation. But the treatment I got after the theft showed how Hyatt really treats their guests.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank LFurlan
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Lfurlan,

We have taken this matter extremely seriously as we do all at the hotel. I personally have been deeply involved in this incident from the beginning and this matter has been closed.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 6, 2013

While it is true that the staff is very helpful, the hotel is Spartan at best. The rooms only have views of the parking lot, and the property has only ONE handicap parking space. The amenities were minimal and were not even properly provided (no shampoo, no shower cap, no pad of paper with a pen for taking phone notes). The only real meal (other than pre-packaged sandwiches etc.) available was breakfast, and that was certainly nothing to write home about. It was heavy on carbs and low on protein. The cramped and bare breakfast room/bar is a joke, as is the tiny minimalist lobby. The tub in the room was so small that there wouldn't even be enough room to bathe a dog, much less an adult. There was very little drawer space, e.g. not even a drawer or open storage space in the nightstand. The shower head was separating from the wall, and the toilet had to be coaxed to stop its water from running continuously. The room's air conditioner/heater was very noisy especially when it was cycling on and off. There is NO WAY this Hyatt is worth $159/night, much less $179/night. There is not even a Cleveland Clinic rate, to visit which is why we go to FL twice a year. It's more like a $129/night hotel. In addition, the website and the automated phone "help" defaults to booking your stay at the airport Hyatt and NOT the Plantation Hyatt, even if you specify "Plantation!!!" Next time we're in the area, we'll be sure to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: There is no good room, to my knowledge. All rooms only have a view of the parking lot, all have the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Glad2BDone
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize that you found the hotel less than satisfying.

I will be addressing your issues with the housekeeping staff as we do provide complimentary shampoo, conditioner, soap, pens, pads and had lotion. In addition, we do have a 24/7 menu available for purchase along with a full bar. All of the items on this menu are prepared fresh to order.

Again, we apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us overall.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale/Plantation while on a business trip. I came in late in the evening with colleagues and departed early the next morning, but I did get a chance to enjoy your incredible staff! My colleague and I had a couple of glasses of wine in the bar area before retiring for the evening. The staff on duty that evening was GREAT! They were entertaining, very relaxing, helpful with local eating/restaurants, etc. They acted like real people - very refreshing. The next morning was no different! Great service at breakfast, assisted with questions...just very good service.

Aside from the terrific staff, Hyatt Place is generally one of my favorite hotel chains. All of the rooms are remodeled, spacious, clean and this was no exception. I would definitely recommend this location or the chain itself.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay especially the "Awesome Staff".

We appreciate you recommeding the hotel to others as well. We will look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Entire staff was wonderful from beginning to end. Stayed for our anniversary and hubby's birthday. We will make sure we come to this hotel each time we are in town. Was near everything. 15-20 minutes away from Sawgrass Mills, Fort Lauderdale Beach, North Miami, restaurants are in walking distance. It was just amazing. You can tell everyone works as a team which is important. Room was awesome. Very spacious. Made you feel like you were in a mini condo. Housekeeping was great. The front desk went above and beyond. You'll love it. I promise. Free breakfast and WiFi too :)

Room Tip: request a top floor away from elevator. we love that :)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. WE are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the staff service.

I am so estatic to see that you think our hotel is the "Best Hotel in Plantaiton/Fort Lauderdale". We are looking forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I am a huge reader of reviews and rarely leave one unless the situation warrants. I love the Hyatt place brand and especially my recent stay in Plantation Florida. I am highly allergic to down and neglected to inform the hotel upon arrival. The situation was quickly rectified mostly by an employee named Joey from the front desk who took it upon himself to make sure all was perfect. His attitude toward myself and my family was exemplary in every way. We were greeted with a smile from Joey and his coworkers every time we exited and entered the premises.
This brand continues to impress and will gladly seek out this hotel in every city I travel to.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am so estatic to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, especially the service Joey provided.

I will ensure that we recognize him for the service he provided to you and your family. We are looking forward to having you as our guest again upon your return to the Greater Fort Lauderdale Area.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at the property for 4 days on a business trip and can say with confidence I will return again. The staff is the best part of this property, as they are extremely helpful, courteous, professional and treat you like you are guests in their home. They even leave individually wrapped rice crispy treats by the entrance/exit during the day so you always have a little treat. It's little touches like this that made this property shine.

PROS: GREAT breakfast, nice business center amenities, shuttle bus (however, it smelled,) the most comfortable beds EVER, great room layout with fridge and HUGE seating area (and more), room amenities are perfect for business travel because of the roomy desk and great media inputs in the room, bar in lobby along with 24/7 menu to order food and snacks (food is good!)

CONS: The hotel smelled a little when I walked in, kinda damp and muggy but not too bad (it is South Florida I suppose,) the AC unit in the room was a little disruptive because of the noise it made, the commode/shower room of the bathroom (vanity is on outside) was TINY and had no fan so if someone did #2 there was NO escaping it. The toilet was so close to tub that the shower curtain was actually draped over you as you sat down to do your business.

Even with these cons, I will return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantaiton. We are estatic to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please know we are addressing the issue with the air conditioning units in the rooms. We have already replaced a majority of the units and will continue to do so throughout the year.

We are looking forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Sean Pischeda

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation

Been to Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation? Share your experiences!