“Great staff”

Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
“Great staff”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here three nights on a recent business trip.
Everything was on par with what I expect from hotels at this level (size of the room, quality of linens, etc.). What stood out to me was the staff. During my stay I had occasion to speak with several staff members and found each of them to be friendly and helpful.
Although I did not take advantage of the service, the hotel does offer a shuttle anywhere within a five mile radius.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. I am ecstatic to know that our staff service stood out to you.

We are looking forward to having you as our guest again upon your return to the Greater Fort Lauderdale Area.

Sean Pischeda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Czech first
GR
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed here March, 2013. The staff Andy and Lewis are amazing. I loved this property. I have never stayed at the Hyatt and I don't know why it took me this long to do so. The room was very spacious and the layout was great. I wished that I had stayed here prior to my cruise. I stayed at the Hilton Marina and this was by far better! I felt like I was at home relaxing. The room was very clean and comfortable. We had a great night sleep. The breakfast was great and a plus and the complementary shuttle was a nice touch and greatly appreciated. I like that we could use the WIFI and I was able to check in and print out my boarding passes. I had a great time at the sawgrass mall and the shuttle was on time. Next time in Ft Lauderdale I will stay here. The TV was massive, great work area and the living area had enough room so all could spread out. Stay Here!

Room Tip: I stayed in a two double bed and it was great. Don't think you could go wrong with any of the ro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the staff service, the complimentary hot breakfast, complimentary shuttle service along with the clean comfortable rooms.

We are always striving to improve our hotel and one change that we are making is adding full spirits (alcoholic beverages) to our bar that currently serves beer and wine. We are expecting to have all alcoholic beverages available in the next few weeks.

We are looking forward to having you as our guest again.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was happy with the stay, I unfortunately left a bag and my camera in a yellow cab. The minute I walked into the hotel I realized what I did, Heba, the night receptionist was on the phone calling the cab company. She kept calling throughout the night, even after I had gone to bed at 2am. I am so appreciative of her efforts. Camera still not recovered:(

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and that Hemma tried her best to assist you in recovering your camera that was left behind in a cab. I hope that the cab company recovers your camera soon.

We are looking forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Northbrook, Illinois
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed for 8 nights and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The room was clean, although the couch was a bit shabby. The bed was very comfortable. The location was excellent.
We also appreciated the complimentary breakfast. There was a nice choice and they even
offered to make special orders if needed. Free parking was also a perk. I also enjoyed using their internet service. The best part of our hotel stay was the pleasant staff. They were very friendly and helped us with any request. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. We are pleased to know that you found the staff service "friendly and helpful". We strive to provide clean, comfortable accommodations with outstanding customer service and are glad we exceeded your expectations.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Been a while since I stay at a HYATT. Recently stay at this particular hotel and was impress how Hyatt has updated its hotel accommodates for business traveler. Everything was clean, CLEAN and Clean. Room size and layout was perfect. Ease of hotel internet and business office usage. Continental breakfast was above par. Loved the hot oatmeal and its selections. Kudos to Hema, Joey, Amanda and Katie for making my business trip to be relaxable and enjoyable.

Room Tip: Not to fall from sawgrass mall. Allowed me to pick up some additional gifts for my better half befor...
Dear Ted_N703,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. We are so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us expecially the room size, the cleanliness and staff service. I will be sure that Amanda, Katie, Hema and Joey are recognized.

We are looking forward to having you as our guest again.

Denton, Texas
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at this property in February of 2012 for business. Depending on travel schedules, I can come and go from either MIA or FLL. The hotel is convenient enough to Miami without the higher Miami prices. Of course, you are not staying on Miami Beach.
The property is nearly identical to all other Hyatt Places so you know what you are likely to get before you arrive. The rooms are well laid out with an office desk, coffee pot, sofa, bed, etc.
Wireless reception was very good all over the property.
Breakfast was very good with a wide selection of foods to choose from. Seating is somewhat limited for breakfast but I never found a problem.
The staff were very helpful and accomodating.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid a room close to the ice machines or the stairways if possible.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PKDenton
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Paul K.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the convenient location, complimentary hot breakfast, complimentary wireless internet access and friendly staff.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2013

If not for the very friendly Front Desk staff, this hotel would recieve a "Poor" rating from me. They were very friendly and were very good at handling the guest in front of them instead of making them wait while they were on the phone. They greeted each guest with a smile and were extremely helpfuloverall.

That being said; I was VERY disappointed with the sanitary condition of my room. I also noticed the floors of the room I was in was stained and dirty in appearence. Could be because I never heard or saw one being vacumed; only swept with a broom. The vacume never left the cleaning cart. They only "clean" your room every three days. The rest of the time they only empty the trash, make the bed, and replace your used towels.

Breakfast consisted of "gormet" frozen breakfast sandwichs utilizing "egg patties". Nasty things to say the least! Fresh fruit, cold cereals, warmed frozen danishes, and community yogurt bowl all cried a bigger eye on scrimping than quality of items offered. You will do better to pay for the "Grab-N-Go items. Coffee is only free during breakfast hours.

The pool is surrounded by sun-blocking trees. The side entrance is neglected during groundskeeping even though it is used very often by those walking their pets and smokers.

Speaking of dogs, I overheard the Assistant GM Luis loudly berating a guest for having a dog in an unapproved guest room. He informed the man he would have to pay $150.00 for having the carpets steam cleaned--even after the guest informed him he was not the one who made the reservation. Sorry Luis, this was your staffs mistake for not giving him apet-friendy room. During my entire ten day stay, the rooms next to me NEVER got steam cleaned after a pet was in them--they didn't even get vacumed! Too bad; the carpets could use it!

While you are getting the carpets cleaned, maybe you could have someone clean out the mold on the ceiling and shower in the bathroom? Maybe someone could replace the torn sofa cushion? I already fixed the tub stopper that was broken for you and the security latch that fell apart in my room, so those can be scratched off the list. But please do something about the fuzzy TV channels too.

Thank your lucky stars that your Front Desk people were some of the best I've ever met...

Room Tip: No "smoking" rooms are available so try to get a groundfloor for easier acess to the smoki...
Dear Lee M,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. I am glad to see that the front desk and staff service made your stay.

I want to extend my sincere apology for you having issues with housekeeping during your stay with us. We just made a change in Housekeeping Managers and are confident that you will find a great improvement in the hotels overall cleanliness. I can assure you that any concerns you may have will be addressed.

We hope that if your travels bring you back to the Fort Lauderdale Area, you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Sean Pischeda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St

Been to Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation? Share your experiences!