“Okay but not what I expected...”

Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Plantation
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My family and I decided to take a small vacation for our July 4th holiday break. We booked this hotel because after all, it is a Hyatt hotel! The price was affordable and the location was nice. I was greeted by Annette and she was very nice and made sure everything was good upon my arrival. When I got to my room, immediately the bathroom broke. We informed the staff and were moved to another room. When we changed rooms, we were moved to a very noisy room that did not let us sleep because of the noise outside. When we requested another room change because of the noise, the staff told us that it was not possible because we had already moved before. I was upset because if I'm paying for the room to sleep well, I would like to sleep well! By the end of my mini-vacation, I was not too please. I don't think I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Raqsteprose
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced duing your stay. We have addressed the issues with our Guest Services and Enginereering Departments and they have assured us the issues have been resolved.

We hope that if your travels bring you back to the Ft. Lauderdale Area you will give us another opportunity.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The hotel has very comfortable beds. The room was nice with a good size. The staff is very friendly and willing to help the guests. The breakfast is great with healthy options like fruits and oatmeal. Amazing location !!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank IVETTEVAZQUEZ

We appreciate the time you took to share your recent stay experience with other potential guests. I also want to let you know we are expanding our 24-hour restaurant menu to provide even more options including additional heathly food options.

Thank you again for the review. We are looking forward to having you as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I just love Hyatt Place hotels (have styaed here and also at one in NC). Love that the room is big enough for everyone and bags and still has the couch space. Love that the service is always flawless and the staff very accommodating. Love that in recent years theyve now included breakfast. Overall its just a great place. I usually try to stay here everytime i'm in Ft. Lauderdale (most recently April), because not only is the hotel great but its literally about 5 mins from a mall. All in all, one of my fav places to stay when I'm in town and i'd recommend all the time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank bahamalady
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to know you "Love" our hotel and are looking forward to having you as our guest again. Thank you for sharing your experience with other potential guests. We appreciate the time you took to post a review.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I recently spent a few weeknights at the Hyatt Place Hotel in Plantation while conduction some local business. Here are my observations:

Positives:
1. First and foremost, the staff was extremely friendly, attentive, helpful and available at all times. Everyone at every post went overboard to assure a comfortable stay for me.
2. The room I had (610) was very large for a "standard" room, and was more of a junior suite.
3. The room was clean, modern, quiet, and provided almost every amenity I needed, including twin beds, a large sofa, desk, kitchenette area with a mini-fridge, free internet access, huge flat-screen TV, iron and board, hair dryer, toiletries, etc.
4. Closet and drawer space was good. The toilet and bath were separate from the sink and mirror area, a convenient design for couples or families.
5. The lobby includes a food & beverage bar that remains open 24/7. Food selection is limited but sufficient for a last-minute meal.
6. A very nice breakfast buffet was included with the room, and all the food and beverages were fresh and plentiful.
7. Parking is free and plentiful.
8. The room rates were very reasonable. There are cheaper hotels in the area, but I think this one provides the most bang for the buck.

Negatives:
1. The room did not have a safe for storing valuables.
2. The lobby also serves as the "dining area" and as such is busy and cluttered.
3. There was a pervasive odor of insecticide in the lobby and some hallways. This is not surprising for Florida in August, but it was unpleasant nonetheless.

I recommend this hotel and would stay there again if I return to the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LarryScott
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other potential guests. We are please to know that overall your experience with the room, staff and complimentary "Hot Skillet" Breakfast was a positive one. Please also note that we will be addressing the issues you had with odor in the lobby and hallways. In addition, coming October 1st is a new expansive 24-hour food and beverage menu. We are looking forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

More of a business hotel usually, but this was a great place for our family to stay. Wish we had come across it earlier, as it would have been a much better base from which to explore Miami than the one we used for 4 nights the previous week. The rooms are quiet and spacious, with a living area as well as the bedroom area, the pool was heated and with sun on it, great to use even in the winter, the staff friendly and helpful, parking easy, lots of places to eat, shop etc within easy reach, breakfasts great and the area felt safe and friendly. All added together, a great place for a family to base themselves at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with other potential guests. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and are looking forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Booked this hotel because...

1) Less than $100 per night before taxes.

2) Had a free hot breakfast.

3) Wanted to experience the Hyatt Place concept.

Let me stay that the hotel staff are all very nice and will go out of their way to accomodate your request. The hotel has several restaurants AND a Target very close by. Plus, the pool is very nice if not extravagant.

All that said...the Hyatt Place brand is a nice concept. Everything worked as it should and any maintenance problems were handled quickly.

I can say that this hotel sees a lot of occupancy and on the nights of our stay, the hotel felt full. But what we noticed the most was that the rooms were, for lack of a better term, "beat up". The furniture was damaged in spots, the top lock on the door had been broken off, etc. And you can tell that hotel's last renovation was done on the cheap and in a hurry.

It's a good value at the right price.

Room Tip: The rooms are all pretty much the same.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other guests. We are pleased that overall your stay with us was a positive one. As noted, we do run high occupancy resulting in furniture getting a lot of use. We are in the process of addressing this issue. We are looking forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel because of the name and was surprised of the affordable price. We are waiting to move-in to our new place. We had to wait for 13 days before it's ready for us. So, we stayed in Hyatt. The room was very nice and big. The only problem was, there were very tiny red ants everywhere. I brought a food one night to our room and after I'm done eating, I sat it down on my nightstand. Not even 20 minutes, the plate was covered with this tiny ants! It was all over the wall, the nightstand, and some got to our bed. It was horrible!!! Called the front desk, but they can't do anything that night because most of their handy man was off duty. I had to wait for the next day. So, the next day, I told the front desk again about it and they took care of it. I didn't see ants for 2 days, but they were back on the 3rd day. So, never leave any food or anything sweet laying around. Oh yes, one more thing....the TV. The digital part doesn't wok that well. They had to show us that we needed to adjust the cord in the back everytime the digital channel messed up. It's like rotating a big antena to get a channel! Overall, our stay here was okay.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank caligur
HyattPlace G, General Manager at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale/Plantation. We have addressed the issue you experienced with ants with our pest control company and they have assured us the issue has been resolved.

Sean Pischeda

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plantation
Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Plantation
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plantation at SW 6th St
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation

Been to Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale / Plantation? Share your experiences!