“Amazing pizza and calzones!”

Vito's Gourmet Pizza
Ranked #162 of 243 Restaurants in Plantation
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The Italian entrees are good, not bad and not great. The salads are actually very fresh and delicious. However, the pizza and the calzones are incredible. The dough is perfect, the sauce is superb and the cheese always tastes fresh. I recommend trying the vegetable pie. It has ricotta and cheddar cheeses in addition to the mozzarella and the small pieces of fried eggplant make this the best veggie pie I've had yet.

I once ordered chicken francese just to try something new. It came out wrong. The server chatted with the cook, came back and said "well that's Vito's for you," apologized and took it off the check. Bottom line, this is a pizza place (darn good one), not an Italian restaurant. The servers are teens looking to make a buck and the kitchen staff are the same guys running the busy delivery service. You're food will come pretty quickly so if you don't expect high class service and a fancy atmosphere you'll have a great experience. That's Vito's for you!

There are newer reviews for Vito's Gourmet Pizza

Reviewed April 8, 2012

See picture, looks like a boat paddle, but it was good. It's a large veggie calzone for $18. I cut it in half, had the rest the next day. It's basically like a large pizza when you think about it. The ends are left open so you can see the goodies.

Reviewed September 3, 2010

I love this pizza, great taste and very good price

Reviewed March 8, 2010

I must admit with all the pizza places in the area you would think that the manager would have more respectable employees that are more knowledable and friendly but this is not the case in this pizzeria.

Not only are they Not friendly but they seem to have their minds [pre occupied]on other things while this is suppose to be a business right? However, the kids working their seem that gossiping etc., is more important than business??

The pies I ordered the other day were sloppy and hardly contained any cheese with a dough that tasted like some dryed up cardboard because it obviously must have been sitting around and Not properly wrapped, thus a dryed out pasty dough. In addition the meatball/pepperoni toppings was so scantly arranged, they were hardly any on the two pies ordered.
I should have returned them, but simply didnt want to go through the hassle.

I guess after looking around the bend of the restaurant watching one of the ''cooks'' preparing some tomato sauce etc., I saw him actually wiping the Sweat from his brow and then touching his hair. It was at this point I watching the man that was making my pies very closely.

Thank goodness he wasnt doing what the prep man in the back was doing. Totally disgusting and I have to admit I should have left right then, but that's why I was watching the pizza man. But then again their personal hygiene leaves alot to be desired? Dont ya think??

I'm surprised the Health Dept hasnt taken further meassures here, because who knows what lurks behind the scenes?

I guess I shouldnt expect to much when all along the manager whom I BELIEVES IS ALSO THE OWNER,acts as though he just sits at the tables and doesnt have much impact on the restaurant other than sitting their and taking food along with him. I have ebeen their on numerous ocassions and I have to put a stop to this because withall the pizzeriasin Plantaion, why settle for rude employees sloppy kitchen (unsanitary kitchen help) and a manager that doesnt seem to care or is simply lazy.

But if this was my business,I obviously would be more ''hands on'' and wouldnt allow the goings on their!!!!!!

I think this place needs to have a Health Inspector their to view for him/herself..

Yes these opinions are mine and I believe if you visit this restaurant you will have the same opinion I have and if you order delivery, all I can say is I warned you.

2  Thank restauranteur2
Reviewed January 4, 2009

Let me put it this way: I've never even THOUGHT to write a review of any restaurant before, good or bad. In this situation, I'll gladly set the time aside specifically to inform anyone who actually values service and execution.

In our first Vito's experience, we decided to order delivery this evening at 6:03pm (Sunday, 1/4/09). While ordering, the girl had to keep putting me on hold to check if they had standard items we were ordering from the menu. No big deal, maybe she's new. Put the $56 order on a card and was told 45 minutes - 1 hour.

1 hour 31 minutes later our food shows up. No dressing for the 3 dinner salads, No 2-liter bottle of soda. So, my boyfriend calls to request a refund to the card since the soda was never received. When we mentioned the soda was never delivered, the "manager" responded "Yea, so?" Not once did the "manager" apologize, he claimed to be listening as we asked 3 times if he was still there, and then said he refunded the charge already. But THEN proceeded to ask what our order was. So, how did he refund the card already without knowing the order?

After the phone call, I open my chicken marsala: that has zero sauce on it, just dry chicken, dry pasta, and dry mushrooms. So I do exactly what I DIDN'T want to do with my evening and get in my car to drive there. The place was DEAD, the two girls up front were too busy gossiping to acknowledge me, and the "manager" wouldn't even look me in the eye when I showed them my marsala. Still no apology, no offer to fix my dinner, just a toss of a cash refund for $15 of my $56 order. I'd still love to know how they tally their numbers if they're tossing cash back for a credit purchase. And, when asked if the soda mentioned earlier was actually refunded to my card, "manager" responds, "no, we do that at the end of the night" - then why did you lie on the phone about it? Oh, and this was after some other random employee blamed the girl in front of me for forgetting it. Because THAT'S not uncomfortable.

I took the cash and bought my dinner at Publix at 8:15pm - 2 hours after I would have liked to quietly enjoy dinner at home.

1  Thank cryztalyze