“Poor, poor management”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Plant City
Plant City, United States
“Poor, poor management”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Under staffed, unclean rooms, fire alarm sounded from blown air conditioner, drippy faucets, hard beds, terrible satelite tv service(gets like 3 channels and always frozen) and terrible wifi!! Would not reccommend this hotel to anyone!! The only thing decent was the breakfast! No one was even at the counter to check us in because she was busy cleaning and delivering towels and fixing a/c problems!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Becky O, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
I want to thank you for staying with us, and taking your time to fill out a review. I am looking into the concerns that you mentioned. We will do our best to address these situations to make it better for you and our other guests. We look forward to you staying with us in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
PUNTA GORDA
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed here with our team for a baseball tournament. Was assigned a room on the first floor facing the parking lot. It was only 3 PM so we tried to have our room switched to another. The front desk staff was not receptive to this idea and told us "all rooms have been allocated and no changes are possible". I have never experienced this phenomenon. We were provided only 3 bath towels for four people. Again we asked the front desk for one more and were told "no". That is correct, they told us that 3 towels per room was what they provided and that they were out of towels anyway. I would say, you get what you pay for if this motel cost $50 per night, but it is closer to $85 (so that does not apply). Front desk employee, Jody seemed overwhelmed by the guests and their requests. She was not very friendly, but she was the only person working and she was doing the job of 3 people. Rooms are small and musty as well. You can find a better place to stay in Plant City in this price range.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Bring your own towels or get some from the fitness room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Becky O, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 3, 2014

..I Was Helped By The Staff @ The Plant City, Florida Best Western Plus Location In Ways That Far Exceeded The Standard Accommodating S.O.P. For Most Or Any Guest Services Business..Many Many Many Thanks To MYKEL SHELLEY And The Front Desk / Office Staff At This Location..I Would Recommend A Stay At This Location To Anyone..The Rooms Were VERY CLEAN & NEAT..The Cleaning Staff Was Extremely Courteous & Appropriately Timed For There Duties.. (NOT TOO EARLY) :) :) ..The Large Variety FREE BREAKFAST Was Terrific And Again, Most Of All, THE STAFF HERE WAS PHENOMENAL..!!!!!!!..And The Front Lobby To This Place Was Cleaner Than Most 4-Star Plus Resorts Or Accommodations That I Have Stayed At In The Past..!!!!!!!!..

Room Tip: ..If You Need Help, Ask "Mykel Shelley" At The Front..He Can Fix Or Accommodate Most Thing...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Becky O, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
We want to thank you for staying with us. We are pleased that you took the time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. I am very happy to hear that the staff exceeds your expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future. Thank you so much
Reviewed June 26, 2014

The hotel may be being renovated, if not it should be. The staff was really pleasant and as responsive as I expected them to be. They said, " I'll look into it." The room was musty and damp, perhaps an AC problem. The bathroom wasn't as clean as I had expected. There was a long term plumbing problem with the tub faucet.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Becky O, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
I want to thank you for staying with and taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations in certain areas. I want to thank you for sharing and bringin this matter to my attention so we may work on these things. I hope if you are ever in the Plant City area that you will stay with us again. Thank you
White House, TN
Reviewed June 22, 2014

One should expect more from a new hotel, especially one in the Best Western chain. The front desk staff was very welcoming, and helpful at check in, but the property kept coming up short. Our room had a wonderful view of a stucco wall less than two feet from the window, One would think this would be the last room assigned, but the hotel was not very busy. I hope it was not the nice desk clerk who assigned us the room. Then you notice other things. All the hallway air conditioning units are missing and the openings covered by plastic, real classy. All the room doors have weather stripping around the doors, maybe to keep the hot hallway air out? Most every wall shows where the paint has been chipped or marred, one coat of paint?
The rooms as expected have new furniture, very clean otherwise. Beware the fridge is the small dorm type which requires you to remove the shelves if you have more than one take out container. Price difference in a dorm fridge and the "normal" hotel fridge cant be that much to scrimp on guest comfort could it? The bathroom is separate and the larger size as most newer hotels, decent lighting over the vanity but no lighting near the shower, so expect a dim showering. Beware as well the bath is slick so be careful entering, there is no bath mat provided. Maybe why the shower pipe is loose, I presume someone grabbed it as they were falling, pulling it loose from the wall. Then while you are lying on the floor looking up, you may notice a strange wire running the length of the room above the light. Appears they forgot to wire the internet, or cameras, and added the wire later Notice while you are lying there that there is some tile grout stained on the bath tub that should easily be cleaned off with the right effort..
The door to our room I noticed on exiting looks like someone jimmied the lock, a huge chunk of the door next to the lock is missing. Also beware to exit, you have to pull the door handle upward, which may be more difficult for older or less able guests, not to mention in an emergency it is very counter intuitive. Not sure I would remember that in a fire. I presume the door handles were not installed correctly from what i deduced from the other misses in the hotel.
The breakfast was the standard Best Western fare with the exception Sunday morning they had bacon strips. Not that common.
Nice sleep, large TV, well appointed room, if you can easily overlook the misses I listed above. Not enough electrical outlets, and the desk lamp is wired into the switch, so if you use it to charge cell phones or laptops, beware if the light switch is off. the outlet is off. AC is a below window unit with a wall thermostat control. Of course it sounds like a waterfall in the AC unit. Something that could be conducive to sleep if you like the sound of running water. A little disconcerting when it is the first thing you hear in the morning. I would stay here again, but as I prefaced, I would expect a much better quality control of new hotel openings from Best Western than what I noticed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Becky O, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
I want to thank you for taking your time and leaving us a review. I am looking into the matters that you have brought to my attention, I am sorry for the inconvienance of the hallway a/c units as they are being repaired. I will look into the other matters and address them to the best of my availabilty. thank you and we hope you do stay with us again in the future.
Riverview, Florida
Reviewed June 16, 2014

For the price, I expected more. Aircondition never cooled room. Only received one towel for two nights. Room and hallways were musty and hot. Breakfast was not up to par. Expected more for my money. This was a gift to the newlyweds prior to their cruise.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Becky O, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our 2 nights at this hotel. Having pre booked blind the first contact was a pleasant experience. The room and facilities were clean and comfortable. All staff were courteous and helpful. This was a central location for us and as such served well. Of all the Best Western hotels we had recently stayed at this was the only one that I actually got more than coffee for breakfast and it was HOT. Would use again if chance arises and would recommend it.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Becky O, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. On behalf of Best Western Plant City, we thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again in the near future when you return to Plant City. Thank you
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plant City
#11 of 33 in Lakeland
Ecco Suites
Ecco Suites
#13 of 33 in Lakeland

Been to Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland? Share your experiences!