“Decent hotel, needs a few upgrades” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland

Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Plant City
“Decent hotel, needs a few upgrades”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

The hotel exterior was good and the room was good. But when you look in to the small things that make a hotel week visit pleasant I was unsatisfied. The towel were old some of them were ripping apart and some felt like a cleaning rag than a towel. The gym did not have towels and it was on the third floor and the ice machine was on the first. The breakfast foods tasted old and not worthwhile. Internet was pretty steady. Overall it has the potential of being a great hotel just needs a few new linens and such.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Becky O, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
I want to thank you for staying with us, and taking your time to fill out a review. I am looking into the concerns that you mentioned. We will do our best to address these situations to make it better for you and our other guests. We look forward to you staying with us in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Spring Hill, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have been reading the reviews. We have stayed here numerous times, the breakfast bar is great, always clean, and hot food. The rooms always clean. The housekeeping is the best and couldn't want better. Will continue to stay for my husband's work.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Becky O, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
We want to thank you for staying with us. WE are pleased that you took the time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. I am very happy to hear that the staff exceeds your expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future. Thank you so much
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Let me premise this review by saying the stay itself was okay. Nothing spectacular and probably could offer more for close to a $200/night stay. I mean, there's a hotel that I love to stay at when visiting NYC (theater district and just a few blocks from Times Square) for only another $15 a night more than what I paid here. And Plant City is not a metropolis....

We stayed at this hotel for one night so we could visit the Strawberry Festival, enjoy an evening concert and not have to worry about driving all the way back the same night. I'm sure the rates were hiked due to the festival, but still...

Hotel is in a nice location right off the interstate and was only one exit down from the festival, so for convenience, it worked well. Check in was a breeze. Beds were comfortable enough and room seemed clean. Complimentary breakfast was good with variety.

However, customer service is important to me wherever I stay. It's not that it was poor here, per se. It just was reactive customer service and not proactive. We were told after checking in that we would get a call to see if the room was okay. Never received the call.

But the biggest issue for me was after I had checked out of this hotel. There was an extra charge for a previous cancelled reservation (which was cancelled in plenty of time prior to the deadline of the free cancellation policy. I called the hotel immediately and spent almost two entire days (probably 10-15 phone calls) trying to track down this extra charge. Almost every phone call I was told that they couldn't find the charge (and at one point, I had offered to send proof that it was there) and that I would probably have to end up eating the charge. Then I would ask if there was anyone else that I could call or anyone else that could help me. That's when they would say, 'Well, let me try one more thing' and they would call me back. They only called back once when they said they would. I had to call the other times. By the end of it, it looked like there was nothing that could be done to refund this charge. At the very least, I would have thought they could offer a hotel credit upon proof of the charge, but I was never offered that. They had finally offered to have a regional manager call me - after I was at my wit's end and was aghast at the absurdity that there was 'nothing' that could be done. Given the track record for receiving communication from the hotel's end, I decided to call the 800 customer service number and not wait for the off chance that they would actually call. With 800 customer service line's help, this issue was resolved in less than day and only 2 phone calls.

It is a shame that the hotel itself just didn't seem to really care that I would be out the money for an extra hotel stay that I didn't use.

So, if you don't mind passive, reactive customer service, this hotel would be okay for you. I probably will never stay at this location again, personally. I do not have 3 days to chase down an issue for resolution after each time I stay at a hotel. I spent more time getting the issue resolved than I did staying at the hotel.

(I do want to note that the customer service I received from calling the 800 number was very helpful and proactive. I had no problems whatsoever once I was in communication with them. However I couldn't find the 800# to begin with so I called the hotel. If I'm ever in this situation again, I'll call the 800# first)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Becky O, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
I want to thank you for taking time to leave us feedback, I am so sorry for all the confusion and aggravation you had with this issue. I hope that you do one day give us another chance to excedd your expectations. Once again please accept my apology for your frustration.
saranac Lake, ny
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were very dissatisfied with this Best Western. It was $152 a night (142 with AAA discount) , way overpriced and poorer in quality than most Best Westerns where we have stayed. They didn't even have cable TV and only had a few channels, not even NBC, and they didn't provide a TV channel line-up or motel guide in the room. The bathtub plug wouldn't unplug so we took showers in 4 inches of water. They didn't leave coffee for us the second day we were there, and there was not lightbulb on my side of the bed for reading. The breakfast was OK, not as good as other Best Westerns where we have stayed, and the coffee in the breakfast room was so bitter we couldn't drink itl When we checked in, the desk clerk warned us that we would be changed $250 if there was any damage to the room, then has us sign. We asked directions to the downtown area and got a grudging finger pointing "that way", not telling us the turns we would have to make, We got lost trying to find it. The rooms were clean and the beds were good, but we won't stay there again, a very poor value for their overpriced rates. th

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Becky O, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
I want to thank you for taking your time with filling out a survey. I am concerned about the issues that you had when you stayed with us, we are looking into them and hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations if you are every in our area again.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Close to the area's largest festival. Easy on and off interstate. Fast food within walking distance. 50' actually. Clean appearance: structure, lobby and breakfast area. Not a lot of chain hotels in area. So,supply and demand is this Hotels friend. Always nice to have breakfast provided. Refrigerator is always nice. Decent size bathrooms, cable with no "Weather Channel" with Jim Cantori,. No NBC affiliate either. Our room had a musty smell, and carpet had that ( I don't want to go barefoot in this room) sense to it. So, for 25 dollars or more, ( I ) you could choose the Holiday Inn next door, if you want. I cancelled that reservation that I had @ H.I.E.. Right, $25 just for a bed. One night! Next time I will not cancel. Hey, not a bad place. Breakfast, nice beds. Easy access, frig, outside pool and hot-tub. Not all hotels need nor can be the ritz..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to leave us a comment. We are checking into the issues that you have mentioned.. I hope you will give us a chance the next time you are in Plant City to exceed your expectations.
Plant City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Mykel did a great job during the night shift with whatever we needed. Friendly and very helpful . I would recommend staying here for anyone going to plant city. The day manager, Mark was also great to us

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Becky O, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
We want to thank you for staying with us and taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review. I am very happy to hear that the staff exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future. Thanks
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Had a large group stay here for 6 nights for the CollClubSports NCBA Spring Training event. Very accommodating to all of our needs. The night desk attendant, Mykel, was very attentive to our needs. Marc, the day desk attendant was very knowledgable of the area. We would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I want to thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We enjoyed having your team here, it was wonderful. We hope to see you again next year.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plant City
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plant City
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City
Baymont Inn & Suites Lakeland
Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway
Hilton Garden Inn Lakeland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa East

Been to Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland? Share your experiences!