“The Elvis Festival in Plant City”

Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Plant City
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were in Plant City for The Elvis Festival. We stay at Best Western Plus { Official Host Hotel } We stayed 2 days. Hotel was clean, rooms are spacious, beds comfy. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to help you. Especially night check in staff and Cindy in the Breakfast Room. We will be back.

Room Tip: We had are dog { Molly } with us. We stay on the second floor the rooms was nice and quieter and y...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank downtown733
Kemelya S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Elvis lives on! We are glad to welcome our Elvis guest to our hotel. We are thankful that you took the time out of your busy day to leave a review. The whole entire team is so pleased that they exceeded your expectations while you stayed at our hotel!
Hope to see back again soon before next year Elvis show.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights 2 days. It was the best stay at a hotel I've ever had. Staff was extremely nice and always smiled. If I had any questions, I'd only need to ask. Really loved the over night staff by the name of Ralph. He's so helpful and knows how to speak to people. Plus he is really handsome. No stress. Comfortable stay. At ease.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to leave a review. We are glad that we could ease some of that stress while you stayed at our Hotel. The whole Best Western Plus Plant City team works hard to exceed guest expectations. I'm glad Ralph was able to do that for you.
Thank you for staying with us.
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 8 months while working on multiple construction projects in Plant City. The entire staff accommodated my every need and made me feel at home.

Thanks to Kemelya, Jeri, Shelby, Becky and everyone there for taking care of me.

I highly recommend this hotel. You're the best!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Mr. Jorge your telling us how much of a pleasure it was for you to stay here, but it was a pleasure to have you stay here at our hotel. We can't wait to see you again. Wonderful feeling to have a loyal guest such as your self. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave this wonderful review.
Don't be a stranger to your Best Western Plus Family!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had a very good experience at this hotel. The staff were incredibly friendly and the rate was quite reasonable. It was mainly a place for us to sleep, but we did enjoy the breakfast. One of the ladies even helped me carry our breakfast to our room.

The room we stayed in was obviously recently renovated or new, and we had a comfortable stay. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy day and completing a review about our hotel. At our hotel we enjoy exceeding the expectations of our guest and I am glad you were able to experience that we you stayed at our hotel.
Hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

One of the reasons I decided to stay here was that there was a hot tub and queen beds. Neither proved to be the case. I reported the hot tub broken to the desk clerk and then again the next morning thinking it would be repaired. After a long day of doing a lot of walking at Busch Gardens we returned to a hot tub that had not been repaired. Beds were supposed to be queen size, but seem to be princess size instead. I tried to get online in the "business center" last night. First computer
would not even boot. Bought etickets on the second computer and then found that it wouldn't print. The night clerk was very helpful in assisting me in getting my tickets printed on the office printer, however we had to stay up until midnight to get it done. Our room is very clean and comfortable.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eduman4260
Kemelya S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

I am dearly sorry about the situations that you have faced at our hotel. I can assure that all the concerns that you had at our property have been addressed. We appreciate the time you took out of your day to inform us of these issues. I hope you will consider us again so that we can show you how we truly try to meet our guest expectations.

Thank you.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Without my knowledge or consent, the hotel changed my reservation by modifying the room type (requested 2 queen beds, changed to 1 king bed) , the room rate (increased it from $107.99 to $149), and the number of people staying in the room (2 adults+2 children to 1 adult+1 child). It took approximately one hour at the front desk to get this straightened out. The clerk was not satisfied with the Best Western confirmation e-mail I had, it took a call to Corporate and the hotel manager to get it straightened out. Checkout was also frustrating as the clerk could not find a printed receipt for me and could not figure out a way to reprint it. The Hotel Manager eventually called to get my feedback and offered reward points for the frustation/trouble we endured. Another couple, we were traveling with that stayed at the hotel the same night we did, did not experience any of the issues we did so seems like it may have been an isolated case. The room itself was fine except that the bathtub did not drain.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kemelya S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

I do apologize for the problems that you faced at our hotel. We do try to exceed all of our guest expectations and I am disappointed that we missed the mark when it came to your stay at our hotel. There is no excuse for this problem that you faced at our hotel. I hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations. Please give me a call when your in town I would like to put a face to the name.

Thank you.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Decided to give this hotel a chance although we had not heard of best western plus...looking it over decided it must be comparable to stay bridge suites and or holiday inn express which we typically stay at. It appears they just tried to remodel the entire hotel. I think they should have taken their time a bit more as several things seemed rushed and sloppy...paint on trim, holes left open in the bathroom, broken door knob on our bathroom door. The worst part...our phone was not hooked up...no cord at all. Sure most of the world has a cell phone but in the event of an emergency all phones in the rooms should be working. Tried to enjoy the hot tub and there were little red ants coming out of the cracks and they bite! It also appears that locals come and use the hot tub without paying...perhaps they need to lock it or have a camera. Then to top it off one of our daughters forgot a pair of shoes they offered to mail them for $11. Obviously not a Marriott and obviously not a property that goes above and beyond since they seemed to have rushed the remodel a little too much. Haste makes waste and this stay was a waste... Not impressed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PurpleMN
Kemelya S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to exceed their expectations. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that we did not do that for you when you stayed at our hotel.
The issues that you have brought to our attention will be addressed immediately.

Hope to see you again.

#12 of 33 in Lakeland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City
Hyatt Place Lakeland Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway

Been to Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland? Share your experiences!