WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Be sure to bring a hard copy of your reservation confirmation with you” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland

Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Plant City
Leawood, Kansas, Usa
“Be sure to bring a hard copy of your reservation confirmation with you”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Without my knowledge or consent, the hotel changed my reservation by modifying the room type (requested 2 queen beds, changed to 1 king bed) , the room rate (increased it from $107.99 to $149), and the number of people staying in the room (2 adults+2 children to 1 adult+1 child). It took approximately one hour at the front desk to get this straightened out. The clerk was not satisfied with the Best Western confirmation e-mail I had, it took a call to Corporate and the hotel manager to get it straightened out. Checkout was also frustrating as the clerk could not find a printed receipt for me and could not figure out a way to reprint it. The Hotel Manager eventually called to get my feedback and offered reward points for the frustation/trouble we endured. Another couple, we were traveling with that stayed at the hotel the same night we did, did not experience any of the issues we did so seems like it may have been an isolated case. The room itself was fine except that the bathtub did not drain.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kemelya S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I do apologize for the problems that you faced at our hotel. We do try to exceed all of our guest expectations and I am disappointed that we missed the mark when it came to your stay at our hotel. There is no excuse for this problem that you faced at our hotel. I hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations. Please give me a call when your in town I would like to put a face to the name.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Decided to give this hotel a chance although we had not heard of best western plus...looking it over decided it must be comparable to stay bridge suites and or holiday inn express which we typically stay at. It appears they just tried to remodel the entire hotel. I think they should have taken their time a bit more as several things seemed rushed and sloppy...paint on trim, holes left open in the bathroom, broken door knob on our bathroom door. The worst part...our phone was not hooked up...no cord at all. Sure most of the world has a cell phone but in the event of an emergency all phones in the rooms should be working. Tried to enjoy the hot tub and there were little red ants coming out of the cracks and they bite! It also appears that locals come and use the hot tub without paying...perhaps they need to lock it or have a camera. Then to top it off one of our daughters forgot a pair of shoes they offered to mail them for $11. Obviously not a Marriott and obviously not a property that goes above and beyond since they seemed to have rushed the remodel a little too much. Haste makes waste and this stay was a waste... Not impressed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PurpleMN
Kemelya S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to exceed their expectations. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that we did not do that for you when you stayed at our hotel.
The issues that you have brought to our attention will be addressed immediately.

Hope to see you again.
Madera, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We travelled to Florida on a house hunting mission. This was located very close to our desired location. We would certainly recommend it to friends and family. Right off I-4, only minutes from the Polk expressway and Lakeland. Rooms are spacious, and CLEAN, which is always a plus. Beds are comfy. Breakfast is a delight.

Room Tip: We were on the thrid floor 315) it is close to the elevator, looks away from I-4 and was quiet. No...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time out of your day and leaving us a review. We strive to make sure each and every guest staying with us has had there expectations exceeded and we also greatly appreciate you staying with us. Can’t wait for you return visit.
Cornwall, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after a day at Busch Gardens, and loved it. Queen size beds, great breakfast, quiet and economical. It was the best hotel we stayed at during our travels. I would highly recommend staying here if traveling from Orlando to Tampa as it is away from the busy city and you can be at Disney or Busch Gardens within an hour.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your day and leaving us a review. We are definitely working on being a more then a average choice for our guest. We work very hard to exceed guest expectations.
Can’t wait to see you on your next trip through the Plant City area. Would like to put a face to the name!
Port Charlotte, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Booked the BW Plus last minute for a business trip to Lakeland. The Lakeland area hotels were booked solid due to several conventions. I was a bit hesitant about this hotel due to some past experiences with the BW chain but took the chance. I was glad I did. Although a little pricey for the area, it was season (Snowbird, tourist and Spring Break) which drives up the prices through out the central FL area. The hotel was clean, the room was large and the staff was friendly. The breakfast is standard fare. Location is easy on/ easy off I-4 (no noise issues) and outside the hustle and bustle of the general Orlando area. I would not consider this for a vacation spot, but for business or a family in the area stay, go for it.

Room Tip: Bring your bathing suit.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment.
We accommodate many guests every night, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all guests at reasonable prices. It's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of our accommodations and services.
Again, we appreciate the kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and look forward to your next visit.
Panama City, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We arrived to this hotel around 1:30pm, only to find "NO-ONE HOME". As we were standing and waiting at the front desk for almost 10 mins, with no-one in sight, a lady comes around the corner and ask us "if we had seen anyone in here?".. I told her "no we were looking and calling for someone also." she said she was trying to get some towels for about an hour and hadn't seen anyone since she asked for them. At this point , (almost 13 mins.later) a lady comes in from the door behind the counter and says she would be with us in a moment. We finally get a room, and the room was nice. As I was unpacking my things from the bathroom, I noticed I had forgotten my toothpaste. I saw the little sign, stating that they had "complementary toiletries" at the front desk, just give them a call. I gave them a call to ask about the toothpaste, the front desk lady tells me that she will have to "charge that to my room", for a mere $8.00.. I told her not to do that and thank you so much for making the sign out to be a lier, and hung up.. I then went and bought toothpaste for a lot less than that. We went down for B'fast the next morning and was surprised that was no coffee or hot water for tea. The B'fast staff was not friendly at all, and did not speak to us or anyone for that matter. There was hardly anything left to eat at 8am, only cereal. And we were told that B'fast was from 7-9am. So, about the only thing good about our stay was the room, but if you don't have fast friendly service to go with it.. Probably not going to get a return visit from a lot of people. I worked at a Big hotels chain before, and the last thing you ever do is KEEP THE GUEST WAITING AT THE FRONT DESK!...something to think about Best Western.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Kemelya S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I'm concerned about the problems you experienced at our
hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to
bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.
Cape Coral, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

confusion over reservation. i had made for 3, desk clerk said 2 (no sofabed).. I had printed my reservation and it clearly said 3 and second bed is sofabed. if i had not had my printed copy i would have had to pay a lot more.,she said corporate has made a mistake again??also 2 front desk ladies at front desk remarked i reserved for a lot less than they charging today. they moved to correct room with my copy. breakfast not good unless you like cereal. no coffee or hot water for tea. it was very cold and i asked for extra blanket for sofabed and they said there was none, but room has heat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our guest service staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plant City
Hyatt Place Lakeland Center
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#14 of 31 in Lakeland

Been to Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland? Share your experiences!