“Loved it...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plant City
Strawberry House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Plant City B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Wow. The nicest innkeeper ever. We talked forever. If you like comfort and relationships, this is the place for you. The house is decorated more like a doll house than a castle which was busy, but really charming. The atmosphere was very warm. It's the perfect place to crash before a cruise. And the price was amazingly affordable. A plus was Freds Market restaurant nearby which was the best home style restaurant I have ever are at. Awesome. :)

• Stayed: April 2014
Brenda F, Owner at Strawberry House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

this is what I get for trying to answer all the reviews at once mixing them all up so sorry and you all were so kind and made me feel so much better then I mess it up with mixing up everyone so sorry Thanks for everything Brenda and Guy @ Strawberry House

Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I came across the Strawberry House quite by chance after a rough couple of days at his father's deathbed. We decided to take a night out on our drive back to Naples, and almost halfway on our journey we found the Strawberry House on a phone search. After a quick phonecall to Brenda, during which the welcome in her voice seemed just what we needed, we decided to go to Plant City.
From the moment we stepped through the door, we were delighted. The house is a home, firstly, and filled to the brim with strawberry decor, antiques, and inspiration in a warm, cosy and enveloping series of rooms. Each room was enchanting in its own individual style and we were lucky and indeed blessed enough to find ourselves in the beautiful Annabelle's Angel Room. To be surrounded by angels in such a haven was just what we needed. The bed was expansive and comfortable, and at night the noise of the trains tooting through the darkness served to enhance the whole southern home atmosphere. Staying at the Strawberry House is like staying in the home of an eccentric relative of whom you can't help but be extremely fond. Brenda is a wonderful hostess of the old school, kind, helpful, talkative and warm. Our breakfast was home-cooked and delicious (quiche, hash browns, bagel, cinnamon rolls, bacon, tea and strawberry juice!) and kept us going for the whole of the following day.
In response to the gentleman and his lady friends who were so grumpy about everything - one has to realize that here you aren't staying in a cookie-cutter hotel where each item is safe and predictable, but this is indeed someone's home - a labor of love, and you have to treat is as such. I can't say enough good things about this B&B - I am so happy we found it and I can't wait to get back. It's the perfect grown-up getaway. If you love history, want to escape for a while to another time and world, try this darling little place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Everytime I read your review I think about our Dad's and think about how God was such a comfort God bless you and thank you so so much and I hope Mom is doing ok. I am so bless by the wonderful people we meet and get to spend time with it's what keeps me going thru the day. Your words are more precious than you will ever know. Brenda and Guy @ Strawberry House

Reviewed April 8, 2014

As an Aviation enthusiast I decided to drive to the Annual Sun N Fun and stay a few nights to enjoy all the air shows. Normally we would fly in but this year I decided to drive to Plant City and take my wife and make a weekend of it. Not wanting to do the same old Holiday Inn route I searched for something special, and special I found - The Strawberry House.

The Strawberry House was just what we needed to enjoy a little strawberry sass, class and relaxation. Built in 1910 the "The Strawberry House" presents it self with a historical feel and a nice architect style we all forget about. It has character.

You have your choice of 5 bed & breakfast suites furnished with antiques & collectables. I was a little taken back with all the strawberry's until some one told me that's what the town was know for - Strawberry Festival. Oh I get it!

We were met with warmth ( close to midnight and the owners had no problem waiting for us based on long air show) and we had and immediate connection to Brenda and laid back Guy. Ford. Full of smiles and quick wit you will feel comfortable right away. Now you know you cant have a few overnights at a B&B unless you enjoy the spirit of the owners. Get that from the reception and maintenance "Guy" at a La Qunita!

But wait it gets better.

What ever you do don't be late for the 9am breakfast! Brenda brings the awesome-sauce to breakfast that puts a Hilton to shame. From the special egg benedict - to special spiced small round potatoes/bacon/fruit/biscuits/rolls all with a huge amount of coffee to chose from you are a King and Queen of the table. Don't be late the strawberry juice and bliss will be waiting for you! My wife is a Vegan and Brenda went out of her way to provide her this special order. Brenda and Guy work hard to make sure she was happy.

Remember every old house has its quirks and every room has its story but that's what gives the stay more appealing and remembrance of the stay that much better. Ask me about my stay at a 4 seasons over night last year in Oklahoma, you wont get natta! If you don't like history and old character and would rather have generic beds, generic rooms with generic views of a parking lot then by all means there is a hotel on Interstate 4 up the road. Want a little strawberry treat and not be commercialized - stop here. I can still hear the train whistle...now that's character!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tcswf

Your review was over the top and you told me it was very important to write a response so here it is.. you gave me great advice and I am working daily to put the geisha girl down. Thanks for the great weekend lots of laughs, stories, recipes, and advice. No I haven't tried the cauliflower recipe yet still too busy.. grocery shopping tomorrow. Hope to see you next year for the Sun n Fun. Thanks again you two are the best. Brenda

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We have stayed here twice and both times we were very satisified. First of all..Breakfast is homemade and FANTASTIC...you will not leave hungry, if you do it is your own choosing.It is great with generous helpings!
Second. The rooms are clean with comfortable beds and a ceiling fan directly above,(making for a perfect nights sleep in my opinion, not my hubbys!) fireplaces,wine glasses, table and chairs in an antique atmosphere.
Third. The neighborhood is in the Historic Distric, making for a safe and beautiful walk with Southern homes in all directions.Great at eveningtime or early mornings.
And.. Both Guy and Brenda are charming, friendly, trustworthy and helpful in giving advise on where to eat Parksdale Farms and where to go for entertainment ect. Guy had called us to warn of a traffic delay as we were headed into Tampa for a baseball game.Brenda had made breakfast early to accomadate our need to be working.
My brother had never stayed at a bed and breakfast. He was surprised and impressed. He said he would much rather stay here than at a hotel with a "continential breakfast" and the same old bed and TV in a room.
When my husband is here I know that he is treated like an old friend. We have only good things to say about the Strawberry House. We plan to stay here in the future due to the great atmosphere, fantastic food and great prices..this all makes you want to come back, and we will :) !!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Wanted to say thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. We miss you and can't wait to see you in January. Thanks for being our friends and someday we hope neighbors. Thanks Brenda and Guy

Reviewed March 26, 2014

My wife and I and a female friend stayed at the Strawberry House March 4 during the Strawberry Festival. I had reserved three nights based one positive review on Trip Advisor which raves about how "comfortable and clean" the place is and that the breakfast was "so very good".

After arrival, we checked into "June Carol's Ride" room and noticed there A LOT of dirt & dust on lamps, furniture, bed headboard, and everywhere else. The bathroom fixtures were not antique, but rusty. The women with me didn't want to stay, but since the two beds were decent and apparently clean, I convinced them to try one night.

When the guests arrived at the room next to us, we noticed we could hear their every movement and conversation. After dark, I noticed there was a gap about 3/8" wide around a makeshift door between the two rooms. We could see the neighboring guests and I'm sure they could see us. When they used the toilet, it sounded like they were in our room. Before "lights-out", we noticed a bug crawling on the wallpaper in our room.

The next morning, at breakfast, the proprietor, Brenda Ford, served pirogues and quiche, which were not terrible, but not very good, either. One of the other guests asked about the pirogues, so Brenda brought out two boxes from Wal-Mart and Pillsbury and exclaimed how easy they were to make, since they were pre-prepared, frozen food. While doing that, she saw a bug on the wall nearby her and squashed it, exclaiming that she had a "few bugs"! When that was happening, I saw another bug on the wall across the room from where she was standing.

After breakfast, I explained to her that we could not stay the other two nights of our reservation. She misunderstood me to be asking for the previous night at no charge. I told her we would pay for that night, but were leaving. She said she understood and had noticed that the "women" with me were not pleased.

I don't know how or why the single review from Sept. 6, 2013 rated the Strawberry House so highly, or why the later review from after we stayed there was so positive. The pictures on the Strawberry House website make the place look great, but do not show the current condition of the facility.

Upon our return to Wisconsin, I noticed we had been charged for three nights instead of one. I don't know if it was because Brenda issued the credit or if it was due to my formal complaint to VISA, but this has since been reduced to a one-night charge.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Brenda F, Owner at Strawberry House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

I am so sorry you were so unhappy with your visit. You had been on a 7 day cruise and were exhausted. I changed your room at the last minute and told you we had to finish cleaning and getting towels because I thought the stairs were too much when I went to the room you were sleeping and I did not want to disturb you. The room was only rented during Strawberry Festival which is 11 days of crazy. I was exhausted that day too I had changed 4 rooms. You never once complained to me just said you had an Aunt in town that wanted you stay with her.
I can't fix what I don't know about. I never claimed to be a professional chef most people love my breakfast. I had been serving 13 guests for breakfast for 5 days and running out of new ideas for potatoes and tried the perogies never again of course.
My husband and I both work other jobs and this is our labor of love. We love serving our guests and felt bad for you because you were so exhausted. I am so Sorry I changed your room and our home was not up to your standards. We keep our prices low(all year except Festival $89 and then only $99 not $200 like most Band B's) and so we can't afford to hire help so we do the best we can to keep things clean and 4200 square feet in an old 1910 is a lot to keep clean. I bleach and spray everything but guests take food to their rooms and it is a constant battle in Florida we do not have the snow to combat bugs. The hardware in the bathroom was chemically ruined when someone used the wrong cleaner on the chrome. It was a $200 faucet and drain I can't afford to replace right now.
We could have walked away from our home years ago when many others did but decided to try and save it by making it a Bed and Breakfast. We have worked 2 jobs for 4 years while it is up for sale and have been very grateful for the wonderful people we have met and have become great friends with and again I am so sorry we could do nothing to please you and I hope you will forgive us and now that we have been aware of your complaints we will work harder to do better. Brenda

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband, teenage daughter and I recently stayed with Brenda and Guy at the beautiful Strawberry House B&B in Plant City, FL. This was a last minute trip centered around estate and garage sales. We were pleasantly surprised to find out that Brenda was having a sale the same day we were staying over. We were even more excited to find that practically everything in the 4000+ sq ft house was also available for purchase. Brenda was very accommodating and allowed us to roam around the entire house looking for treasures - and we found quite a few!

My husband and I stayed in the Bear Cave and our daughter stayed in Granny's Attic - we all really enjoyed our stay. We loved listening to the trains - the train whistle in the night really added to the Old Florida atmosphere.

Wanting to get an early start on garage sales, we were going to get a sack breakfast to go but Brenda insisted on making breakfast and had it ready 1 1/2 hours early. French toast, sausage, potato casserole, fruit and juice - Oh my! There was enough food to keep us going all day.

Guy and Brenda really make you feel welcome and at home.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for the great review and for shopping at the Strawberry House. I did look at your store and I have checked Etsy for strawberry cups as you suggested and I found the strawberry cupcake holders and liked them hope to buy some soon. You were great guests and now great yard sale friends. Keep in touch. Thanks again Brenda

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My hubby and I went to stay 1 night for o ur anniversary, and were pleasantly surprised to a quirky and funny lady names Brenda and her equally lovely husband Guy.

The accommodations were comfortable, clean, pretty ( in only the way antique places can be) and the breakfast the following morning was so very good. It was a recipe branda made herself (which she shared!!) and while some of the guests shared coffee and breakfast stories, we even got a fun history of how brenda met her Husband and how they used to dance competition etc.. it was quite a great stay.

I recommend this for old and young alike. My hubby and I are 30 and 29, respectively, so you know this isnt a review of an older audience. We really DID enjoy the stay.

Room Tip: The June room has more space as does the Berry room. the other ones are smaller, but they all have a...