“tried twice and didnt like the food”

Plant City Home Town Buffet
Ranked #54 of 120 Restaurants in Plant City
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I tried it twice trying to give it a chance but just did not like the food.They had alot of choices but the things I liked werent good.We will stick to our buddy freddys buffet if we want a buffet meal

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

This used to be a Ponderosa and this is the first time I have been there since the owner change. While this type restaurant is not known to be 5 star quality for the price it is. They have a great selection to choose from. The only complaint I have is that the hard ice cream is also self serve. I'm not sure where the people before me that dug there ice cream out of the buckets had their hands or even if they washed them first. There are plenty of other deserts to choose from though. I will go back and do recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank David S
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The food was very good for a inexpensive buffet lunch. People were waiting in line for a table. The staff was courteous and pleasant and the restaraunt was run very efficiently. Anyone passing through Plant City should give this a try. I recommend it and will return again.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Plant City is in need of some good restaurants. It is a small town, so you are bound to find some mom and pop type of restaurants, and this is one. First, do not expect any fancy or updated decor. When we came in, one of the first things we were asked before we even sat down was what we wanted to drink. We were told where to sit, but not taken there. We then went to the buffet. When we returned to our seats, another customer told us that we were supposed to leave our tickets they gave us when we came in on the table so the server knew what we wanted to drink. He was very friendly and stated that he came there often and knew all the regulars. The buffet offered a lot of a variety of food. Some were on the lukewarm to cold side. I liked what I had chosen, but my companion was not happy with his meal.
If you like country style buffets in a relaxed setting, this might be a restaurant for you. If you are looking for a regular restaurant to have a social hour, this may also be a nice place for you. The price was affordable for a single meal, especially for the amount of choices.

1  Thank maxona
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Great choices of meats and homemade vegetables. Very busy when we were there, but server wad very attentive.