“Strawberrylious!!”

27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Strawberrylious!!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

A must stop for their famous strawberry shortcake with lots of whipped cream. This place is a focal point for strawberries for 50 years. Not only the best shortcake anywhere it also is a local farmers market with fresh fruits and vegetables of the season. Ample parking and lots of shaded tables to sit and enjoy the sweet desserts.

Panama City Beach, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Perfect”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Loved it. Big bowl if berries ice cream shortcake and whipped cream. Will visit again. Service was fast and everything fresh as expected.

Tampa
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Delicious desserts!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Don't let the lines and the number of cars in the parking lot scare you away from this place. The service runs like a well oiled machine. This place serves the best strawberry shortcake. Homemade shortcake smothered in fresh strawberries. And they aren't stingy with the strawberries. I ordered mine with ice cream. It is absolutely delicious. If you are in the Tampa area, you should stop in.

Visited March 2014
Leesburg, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Enjoy your shortcake here!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Every Feb-Mar we visit the Plant City Strawberry Festival, but we always end up at Parkesdale for our strawberry shortcake fix. It is a bit cheaper here as well as seemingly a larger portion. You can get it 10 different ways (berries or no, cream or no, cake or no, etc.) so everyone is happy. Along with that is the large produce/plant store and again the prices are right. They also sell milkshakes but I have never tried them. The produce is sold year round but the shortcake is only seasonal. It is only a couple of miles west of the fair so it is convenient. You can get a fun photo sitting in a large strawberry shaped chair wearing a crown and robe and holding flowers or a large shortcake. It is a fun place!

Visited February 2014
Burlington, Vermont
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Neat place, but strawberries were tasteless.”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Interesting place but the strawberry shortcake I had wasn't good. The strawberries were tasteless, and soupy, and the cake a little odd tasting I thought. My son had strawberries and ice cream and the ice cream was good. Still, I was so looking forward to good strawberry shortcake and was very disappointed. Actually probably the worst I have ever had. May have just been a tasteless batch of strawberries, that happens sometimes. My son found a kitschy t-shirt he liked and it was a cool place to look around, but I will not be back.

Visited February 2014
Xiomara M, Public Relations Manager at Parkesdale Farm Market, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I'm so sorry our strawberry shortcake did not meet your expectations. I hope you give us a second chance and we can serve you better next time!