“Family Delight”

Plant City, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Family Delight”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Best priced and best tasting icecream treat for families. Our family of 5 enjoyed sweet treats for less than $6 total. The tangerine icecream is so yummy and milkshakes at $1.99 can't be beat. My boys love it here!

Visited May 2013

Indiana
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great place even out of strawberry season!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This has been a "must-stop" place for my family for a number of years whenever we make it to Florida! The strawberry shortcake is a fan favorite during strawberry season, but I'm partial to the huge strawberry sundae -- just ice cream , strawberries, and whipped topping -- available all year. The snack is the main point of the trip but we also stock up with fresh veggies to have with meals during our vacation.

Visited May 2013
Orlando, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Freshest Strawberry Shortcake ever!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

For years we have been talking about the Plant city strawberry festival, this Feb. we made it. Our friends had told us about it, but it took about 20 years of living within 90 minutes of there to go. We arrived and found parking located all over the place, in people's front yards, fields, you name it. Traffic was bumper to bumper mid afternoon, but it moved very well with all the local police taking control. When we got to Parkesdale we were lucky got to park in in the front area within 5 min. They had a Que line for ordering your food, which went very fast. seating was group tables and was very clean for the amount of people there. We had a great Strawberry shortcake, then purchased a full flat of strawberry to take home. This was worth the trip, and we had several fresh strawberry short cakes, pancakes & waffles meals at home.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Aviator_oo7
West Chester, Pennsylvania
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Not a destination but a nice pit stop”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

In my opinion, you would have to like strawberries more than I do to drive more than a half hour to get to this place. I know many people make this a destination of a day trip but I stopped here on my way to Tampa. it was worth stopping at. Strawberry shortcake was very good. Produce was nice. Service was excellent.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank bruce l
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Strawberry Lovers "Must Stop"”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Parkesdale Market has been around for many years. We were introduced to it many years ago by friends we used to visit when they owned a home in FL. Now that we are vacationing in FL ourselves, this will become a regular stop for us each year. The strawberry shortcake is wonderful, with soft serve ice cream, and whipped topping (not my favourite, as it is the non-dairy variety so I just ask them to "hold it please", but there are many variations (sweetened/unsweetened berries, as well as a "no cake" version (my hubby's favourite). I have not tried the strawberry milkshake, but that is a definite on next year's list. It looked absolutely wonderful! Prices are extremely reasonable. Great produce, preserves and baking to take back home as well! Enjoy....it is definitely worth the stop (and the possible line-up which actually moves reasonably quickly). Nice, enclosed eating area with picnic tables at the far end of the fruit market area.

Visited March 2013