“Nice Place, Good Food”

Ranked #25 of 120 Restaurants in Plant City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Food: 8/10

As expected, there are various mex/tex-mex dishes to choose from. I've lived in the Plant City for most of my life and have frequented this establishment many times in the several years it has been open. The quality of the food is very good, aside from a few minor details that, in my opinion, detract from an otherwise exceptional dining experience.

First, like many Mexican-themed restaurants, customers are offered complimentary chips and salsa with their order. On several visits, the chips have been either stale or fried too long; however, this is very rare. The salsa needs much improving. It appears watered down and lacks flavor. It is very bland. I'm not sure if the restaurant uses a distributor for its salsa or it's made fresh, but management needs to revamp its quality. But hey, it's free.

I've had several dishes on the menu, but I greatly enjoy the chicken fajitas. They're what you'd expect. Sizzling pieces of sliced chicken with green peppers, onions, and spices. You also a side of charro beans and various fixings: cheese, lettuce, guacamole, etc.

Service: 7/10

Fairly average service. This establishment, as far as I know, is family oriented. On my last visit 1/26/2013, I had to get up and ask for my silverware. However, the staff is always willing to help and apologize with any discrepancies in the service. I've never had to send a meal back for a mistake.

Drink Specials: 8/10

2-for-1 domestic drafts and margaritas all the time. Don't expect the tequila to be top-shelf, but you can't beat the all-day happy hour.

Appearance: 9/10

Customers can see the quality of the restaurant when they walk in. Various latino-themed murals and scenes are painted on the walls. The staff are all dressed in a professional appearance. The only downside is the space between the front door and the hostess stand. On a busy Saturday night, it can tend to get crowded at the front. With only one bench to sit at, many people are left standing while they wait for their table. At a smaller restaurant, I could understand this. However, with as much space as Mi Casa has, management should reconsider where their hostess stand is placed, as well as understand the flow of traffic.

Overall: 8/10

Expect to pay 10-17 dollars per entree. The quality of the food for the cost makes up for the minor problems. I've never had any issues getting a table during the week and have only had to wait 15-20 minutes once or twice on the weekend. If you're passing through the area, I would recommend it. It's right off I4 and easily accessible.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We went to MiCasa Restaurant and took a group of 38 people to lunch after a wine tasting nearby on a Saturday afternoon. Service was exceptional. The restaurant is nicely decorated with Mexican frescoes in a strip center in quaint Plant City. Dining is casual. Lynn had a chile relleno with rice and beans with ground beef on top. I had a fajita salad with cheese sauce. Both entrees were excellent. The restaurant offered 2 for 1 drinks during Happy Hour. Lynn ordered Maragaritas and was pleased.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This place used to be one of my favorites in Plant City. The Mexican food used to be the best but..... the last two times we went the flavor isn't as good, the portions are good but it used to be a lot better in taste. Good salsa but needs a kick.. I agree with the other review, it is more bland than before. We go Mexican food for the spice. The chile dinner I always get was not very cheesy or tasty. I liked the old way they used to make it. Step it up Mi Casa!

2  Thank catlynn10
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We are locals, so we eat here all of the time. Never a bad experience! The food is amazing, and the atmosphere is always wonderful. The service can be a little slow when they are busy, but the food is definitely worth the wait. Highly recommended!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

After reading the rave reviews on Tripadvisor, we decided to try Mi Casa for dinner this past weekend. The food was very bland. My husband had a combination plate with 3 items. One of those was a chimichanga. This was served with a white cheese sauce over the top. Nothing else. I had a carne plate that came with rice and beans. Again, very bland. The service was the only redeeming factor. We won't eat there again.

2  Thank Marilyn L