“Educationally Exciting”
Review of Dinosaur World

Dinosaur World
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Plant City
More attraction details
Owner description: Dinosaur World is a self guided outdoor museum with over 200 life size dinosaurs in a natural setting. Dig for fossils in the Fossil Dig, uncover a life size dinosaur skeleton replica from under the sand in the Boneyard, visit Exploration Cave for a guided tour with a Paleontologist and try your hand at trivia during the Triviasaurus Rex Game Show! Check out the museum with real artifacts and animatronic dinosaurs and our NEW Florida Fossils Museum! Pan for real gems and minerals at the Dino Gem Mine and CRACK YOUR OWN GEODE at the Geode Cracker!
Atlanta, Georgia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Educationally Exciting”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is a great place for a school to bring their students and learn about the world of the extinct.I was amazed at the rooma nd the education that this adventure has.My Son loved this and was picking off all the animals that are now extinct but he knew nearly all of what they stoofd for in the world that they lived in/.Personnel were wonderful and understanding and also extremely helpful.This place is situated not far from Orlando on I-4and is well worth bringing the yoiun g ones too to explore learn and have a great time.!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Nick J

Plant City, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“This park is great for younger kids.”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My son was a bit older when we went (10), so he wasn't extremely interested. There were some things that caught his eye, don't get me wrong, but it seems like it's a park more for younger kids and/or those with a strong interest in dinosaurs.

Visited May 2013
Sun City Center, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Enter a past world”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Have your grandchildren for the day near Tampa, FL; who doesn't love dinosaurs?! Take them to Dinosaur World near Plant City, FL. They can view life-size dinosaur statues outside in a real Florida plant jungle, dig in the sand for real fossils, crack a geode egg, see rare dinosaur bones and fossils in the museum, with placards to identify the species and position of the bone within the dinosaur, and purchase reasonably priced high-quality souvenirs for both kids and adults. Free parking, stroller accessible, remember the umbrellas for all if it rains in the jungle; museum and gift shop are enclosed.

1 Thank 1ctpaddock
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Kiddos love Dinosaur World”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have a 5 and 2 year old and we love this place. You can get through the park in 4 hours. I'm a local, so I have yearly passes and it doesn't get old for the little guys. We have been 3 times so far. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

2 Thank Jac0415
Dorchester, South Carolina
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Way beyond expectations”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Eventually, enough people will post this on tripadvisor that people will actually build up their expectations TOO much, but thankfully that was not the case for me and my family. My two sons (4 and 7), wife and in-laws decided to go this past weekend. We had seen the entrance from the road (they live in Brandon so this is the exit we always get off I-4) but we had the impression that it was like the traditional interstate tourist traps. Boy were we wrong!

The staff at the desk was quirky but fun and excited about the whole deal. We decided to do the gem mining and fish feeding. I am mixed on the fish deal because most of them were so full and fat that they didn't want to eat. However, my boys LOVED the gems, so it was worth it and much cheaper than many other similar experiences I have done before. This is different than the fossil mining, which is really cool and part of general admission. The kids get to keep 3 fossils and they tell you what you got.

The dinosaurs are well done and the paths through them are VERY shady so when that warm Florida sun is beating down, you do get some protection. Also, they have a museum which has REAL dino bones and stuff which we all though was really neat. There are other things as well, and overall we were there over 2 hours, which we thought was well worth it.

1 Thank alistair_connor