“Amazing Fun for Family and Fido”
Review of Dinosaur World

Dinosaur World
Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Plant City
More attraction details
Owner description: Dinosaur World is a self guided outdoor museum with over 200 life size dinosaurs in a natural setting. Dig for fossils in the Fossil Dig, uncover a life size dinosaur skeleton replica from under the sand in the Boneyard, visit Exploration Cave for a guided tour with a Paleontologist and try your hand at trivia during the Triviasaurus Rex Game Show! Check out the museum with real artifacts and animatronic dinosaurs and our NEW Florida Fossils Museum! Pan for real gems and minerals at the Dino Gem Mine and CRACK YOUR OWN GEODE at the Geode Cracker!
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I visited Dinosaur World several years ago for a child's birthday party and thought it was quite nice -- the kids LOVED it. Well, years later the place has had a massive face lift and is completely fantastic! It's only $12.75 per adult which is super cheap compared to most Florida attractions.

You can find coupons from $1 off to 50% off online -- not sure if it is OK for me to post links here but they are super easy to find online or in the lobby of area hotels.

For kids -- a couple of large, well maintained playgrounds, archeological "dig" areas, a simple, easy to follow museum, over a hundred insanely cool dinos.

For parents -- easy to read plaques for each dino that you can read to your kids, paved walkways throughout the make using strollers super easy, picnic tables and rest areas throughout the entire park, beautiful, natrual landscaping,

For pets -- dogs on leashes are welcome. There is one drinking station within the walking trail. I would like to see more -- but it was better than nothing.

Birthday Parties -- you can call to reserve coverd picnic areas outside of the walking trail where you can have kid parties -- not sure what the charge is if any -- you can bring your own food. Some simple party supplies are available inside the gift store if you want to buy napkins, cups, etc.

Picnics -- there are picnic tables outside of and throughout the walking trail and although you can reserve tables ahead of time there are plenty available for anyone who wants to have an impromptu lunch.

Food -- there are vending machines for soda and water outside of the gift shop and some drinks inside the shop -- but you must bring your own food - which is a massive money saver. Stop off at the Subway shop near the entrance of the park and you will have an easy, cheap lunch to enjoy among the dinosaurs.

Older kids and some grumpy-pants adults may not find the park thrilling because there are no rollercoasters or rides but little kids and the young at heart will adore it. My husband and I loved it (we are in our 30's - 40's). I noticed I did not hear a single crying kid the whole time we were in the park -- it is small enough and roomy enough not to be overwhelming to little ones and they seem to absolutely LOVE it. We don't have kids but brought our two dogs -- a Golden Retriever and a Mystery Mutt. The dogs had a blast. Dogs are not allowed in the museum, but it is a small museum so my husband and I took turns watching the dogs. No big whoop. This is a great attracting to enjoy with your kids and/or animals.

Inexpensive, fun . . . what's not to love? I hope you'll visit Dinosaur world and have a wonderful time!

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"young ones"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Looking for something to pass the time and get in a walk. This place fits the bill. Nice trails with very informative displays of dinosaurs. Good way to spend an afternoon relatively cheaply. The map really didn't match the displays and was difficult to follow, if they numbered the displays and matched them to the map, would be easier to follow. Our only complaint was that the area with the skeletons in the sand was closed and we were not told ahead of time. All in all a good way to spend an afternoon.

1  Thank tmterie
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I thought Dino world was extremely overpriced for what they offer. The dinosaurs are neat but there aren't that many. You are basically paying for your kids to dig in the sand and play on a playground that you could play at a park for free.

The little boy liked it and so that was worth it but I thought it was extremely overpriced for what they offered. If it were about half the price we'd consider going back.

3  Thank Hogsraz
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went once and ended up buying a year pass for myself, husband and our 3 older children, children 2 and under are FREE (love that!). The grounds are beautiful and VERY well kept, the museum is small but nice to walk thru, gift shop is large and you can find anything you are looking for as far as souvenirs go and reasonably priced. I don't like that you walk thru the gift shop to enter the park since there is a lot of glass but as long as you keep the little ones close to you its not a problem. My children are 11, 9, 3 and 1 and we all enjoy a day trip! You can also bring your own food which is a great benefit with a larger family. They also have animated dinosaurs in the museum, it is a small exhibit but kind of fun, for the older kids as my 3 and 1 year old were frightened.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 25, 2013

A real surprise! Many of the exhibits were like brand new. Extremely clean and nicely landscaped with mostly native Florida surroundings. With all the kids and groups there was no trash or grime anywhere, even the restrooms, which had murals to delight my young children. There was plenty for adults and kids to see and learn about, photo opportunities, and lots of shade. The playgrounds were new and spacious. There is plenty of shaded picnic tables, and they let you bring in food, or go out and re-enter with your lunch. The museum seemed professionally done, with an animatronic diorama, but the kids favorites were the sandy boneyard dig, and the real fossil hunt for souvenirs to take home. The staff was friendly, polite and knowledgeable, even of the fossil names. We all liked seeing and feeding the giant koi, and basically felt like we took a little of Jurassic park home with us. Our kids, ages 5 and 7, loved it, and we as middle agers would have enjoyed it nonetheless on our own.