“Very very disappointed”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Plant City
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I am a Marriot Rewards member and I have stayed at hundreds of Fairfield Inns'. I was really disappointed with this one. The room was really dirty, there was yellow gunk around the toilet, huge dry drops of conditioner and soap on the shower walls. The sheer curtains had yellow circle stains on them.
When we arrived we noticed there were not any sheets for the sofa bed, we called room service to request a set (the extension rang and rang and rang). After waiting we were told that they had no one to bring them up to the room, if we could come down to get them. Certainly we agreed, we were ready to give them a piece of our mind. Luckily they called back seconds later to say they were bringing them up. Also the closet did not have a laundry bag, only the ticket for service. I needed to have laundry done but decided to not request it as I was going to cancel the second night stay.
Next day we went down for breakfast, they might as well not offer it. The eggs were horrible, there was no fresh fruit, I decided to have a muffin... it was still frozen inside!! When I was done with my plate I could not even trash it... the garbage was piled a foot high over the lid. This hotel is definitely understaffed and is in urgent need of TLC. The manager needs to step up his/her game...not Marriot quality! Cancelled my second night stay.

Room Tip: If looking for value I suggest Marriot Residence Inn a couple of miles away in Lakeland.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Nancy G, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations as this is always what we strive for. We have read your comments…..and are reviewing them with each department involved. Please accept our apologies for the issues you have reported. I can assure you that the problems you have described are not typical for our property….as we pride ourselves on providing clean comfortable accommodations and extraordinary service. We are very sorry that we did not provide this to you…and hope that should your travels bring you back to our area in the future that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again. Please contact me directly (Nancy) to make future reservations…so that I can insure your comfort. Happy New Year to you and yours!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I worked with Nancy at the hotel to arrange my guest to stay during our wedding weekend of 11/23/13. Nancy and her staff were absolutely amazing! First off, as a bride, you have a million things to do! Hotel arrangements is a priority and I did nothing! Nancy kept me up to date and arranged all of the welcome bags in every room for me. A lot of our family came in a few days before the wedding and the hotel was very accommodating! Breakfast was delicious and they never complained about our late nights in the breakfast nook or by the pool. She even allowed our family and friends to use the breakfast area after the reception so we could all continue to mingle and have a good time. I stayed 2 nights, 1 night with my maids and the other with my husband. Both nights were amazing, rooms were clean and fresh and the staff was very accommodating. Last but not least, Nancy and her staff signed a card congratulating my now husband and I with roses and chocolate! Thank you Nancy and Staff for making this so seamless and being so awesome!! I will always recommend this hotel due to your graciousness and kindness!

Room Tip: I stayed in a Queen suite and a King suite both were amazing!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Nancy G, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you Breanne for your wonderful comments! We enjoyed hosting your family and friends and were so pleased to hear that everyone enjoyed themselves. You were wonderful to work with! Best wishes to you and Frank …..may everyday be filled with happiness!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Room was very clean and tidy, great amenities (fitness room, pool and whirlpool) in quiet location off I4. Great value for money and ideal stop between St Pete and Orlando. Traveled with friends from Australia and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel in such a small town

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tony J
Nancy G, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for your recent visit and your kind words. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest! We think our town is something special as well! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Nice Fairfield. Check in was prompt. Room was very nice with sitting area, 2 flat screens. Iron and board worked well (priority for me). Climate control worked great. Quiet. Exercise room was a little small.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent visit and your nice comments. We always appreciate our customer’s feedback. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope that should your travel planes bring you back to our area that we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel quite a few times and I like the location and quietness.It is right off I-4 between Lakeland and Plant City. It is clean and the staff are friendly. If they would just take care of the requests, I would give them a perfect score. As a Marriott member for many years, my preferences are automatically included in my reservations and I always ask for foam pillows ( I am allergic to feathers). I stayed at this hotel on 2 different occasions in the past month and had to request foam pillows on both occasions after I checked in. I took them to the room myself on the first occasion and on the second I was checking in and leaving for dinner immediately. I was told by the front desk that the room would be made feather free while I was out. It hadn't been done when I returned later that night, exhausted and ready for bed. Unfortunately, I just went to bed and had a migraine by morning. It was a particularly bad way to start my day at 5 am and have to drive a large moving truck 14 hours with a migraine. I know pillows may not seem like a big deal to the hotel, but to this patron they are.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Nancy G, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you your recent stay at our Fairfield Inn and Suites. We appreciate the trust you have placed in us and were sorry to hear that we did not accommodate your requests for foam pillows. A guests special requests are very important to us…..and it is disappointing to us as well that we did not follow through with your requests. We have discussed the issue you have described to our staff so that these types of errors are not made again. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We were glad to hear that otherwise you have enjoyed your stay. I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We come twice a year for our conventions,and it close to the ASSEMBLY HALL,we checked in at 5:00 pm and was greeted by Gabiella Marrero she was so nice,and made sure she let us know that she was their to make our stay as good as it gets,we stayed in room 302.And,How do you say CLEAN =FAIRFIELD INN AND SUITES PLANT CITY!! we did not get her name the person who cleaned our room for the 2 nights ,but she too did all she could to make our stay GREAT,I make it a point to get the name of great people who do there jobs up and over.And our team players,Even the Maintenance man was so nice and asked if could he do anything to help,that means a lot.We went to dinner and came back and enjoyed the pool area and hot tub with our friends and J.W convention goers and so many asked us to pick up cards so they could stay there,The breakfast was so much improved it was very good,and also like to thank the breakfast girl she worked so hard and I wish I got her name,but I will the next visit The last time we stayed there it was "The Baseball season for brats"and was not so good,but I spoke out and it was fixed better than before,quiet peacefull and a great time

Room Tip: pick pool side or the corner room ,but its all good we just like having the stairwell
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ralph n
Nancy G, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for once again choosing the Fairfield Inn and Suites! We were so glad to have you as our guest again and appreciate you kind words about our staff and our property! We think Gabby is something special as well! We hope that should your travel plans bring you to our area again in the future….that we will have the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I was on crutches when I arrived and the lady at front desk was very accommodating. She put me on the first floor close to the lobby, nice Art Deco decor , nice lobby . Very clean . I would definitely stay again

• Stayed: September 2013
Nancy G, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay….and for sharing your experience at our Fairfield Inn and Suites. We thank you for your stay….and we will be sure to share your kind comments to our Team Member! We hope you are off your crutches soon! Thanks again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plant City
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Plant City
Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway
Hilton Garden Inn Lakeland
Hyatt Place Lakeland Center

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City? Share your experiences!