“"A great staff"”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Plant City
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“"A great staff"”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We have stayed at many Fairfields and this one has a staff that really cares. It was great to see James cleaning the outside of the garbage cans. We faced many challenges during our stay due to the holiday but the staff was very accommodating and didn't show frustration with the guests. Our frustrations where quickly handled to our expectations. The heated pool was very nice and I'm sure the hot tub would have been great if the heater hadn't gone out. Breakfast was fantastic, they even had these healthy pita omelets that I have never seen at a hotel before. They did a great job keeping things refilled. Thanks to Beth and the gang for a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I appreciate the service and friendliness of the staff of this place. James who works at night delivered pillows. Thank you for that. Beth and Tyrece were also very nice to us. Jennifer who works during the day was also very accommodating. Thanks to all. We were disappointed that the hot tub didn't work though. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2012
FairfieldPlantCity, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Our staff is what makes us shine and we thank you for the kind words. We work hard to make sure each guest is made to feel welcome and comfortable during their stay. We do apologize for the issue with the spa which has since been corrected. We thank you for the opportunity to be of service and look forward to your next stay with us!
Hampton, New Hampshire
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel. Perfect for a few days stay if you are in this area. Great staff. Very accommodating. Convienent location adjacent to I-4. Breakfast was adequate. Very clean and well maintained. Keep up the good work.

Stayed December 2012
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've stayed in most of the hotels in Plant City, if this one is full, find a hotel in Brandon or Lakeland, because this is the best option in Plant City. I've stayed here a couple times, most recently on business in Nov 2012, the front desk staff was very friendly and accomodating. (I discovered I left something in the room after checking out, and they had it waiting for me after I called)
Because of its location, this hotel gets used quite often by youth sports teams, so it can be pretty full and pretty noisy at times, and the rooms, while clean, are showing some wear and tear.
I was on the first floor right off the lobby, and the parking lot noise, road noise and lobby noise were all very noticible in the room (particularly in the shower, the adjacent doors opening and closing sounded so close I thought it was mine) If you need quiet, request something on a higher floor on the back side of the building. The room was clean but on the small side, fine for a solo traveler, but I think if I had my family it would have been cramped.
Bed was super comfortable, nice linens, the towels were spartan at best and one of mine was dirty.
Breakfast was fine. There are limited restaurants in the area, but there are dining options about 2 exits away (less than 10 minutes on I-4) the proximity to the interstate makes it very convenient for finding food and such.
I didn't use the business center in the hotel, but the wifi worked very well.

Room Tip: For quiet, request a room on a high floor away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
florida
Reviewed October 26, 2012

First time staying at this property and I would recommend it without hesitation. I spend the day at Legoland and was headed back to Clearwater. The check in was easy and efficient and the staff were friendly and efficient. The room was pristine and had everything I needed. The location was perfect with the I-4 ramp less than 2 mins away. Pool, Hot tub and all amenities were fabulous including the breakfast that was included in the price. Wendy's and Mc Donald's were 100 yards away as was a gas station. Well done Marriott.....never been disappointed!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed for 7 days as I was attending a local event. Housekeeping was magnificent; however, that manager of theirs "Ms. Laurie Myers" whatever her name is, was rude and hateful. One morning I was standing at the front desk waiting for somebody to arrive and I overheard “LAURIE" yelling at her employees saying "THEY WAS TAKING TO LONG ON HER CLOCK AND MESSING AROUND WITH HER MONEY", I thought that was unprofessional as a manager. My opinion towards her reactions with the employees was not acceptable because housekeeping has the most important job and usually the human society over looks it, so I dedicated the hard work and discipline at this hotel. When she did arrive to the front desk she had a bad remark towards me. Since that day I told myself I will never stay at this hotel again while "THE MANAGER" is still there. I also had problems with the a/c, but front desk called maintenance and they arrive to fix the problem asap.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ash L
palm beach gardens,florida
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed for one night as I was attending a local event. Room was exceptionally clean and I am a cleanliness fanatic. I had an issue with the a/c unit (the thermostat on the wall) and maintenance came to the room to address. It seems that there have been problems with the wall thermostats so it had to be switched so the a/c could be adjusted from the unit itself. I would highly recommend this hotel but keep the a/c in mind as I was advised by staff that this is an issue in many rooms. Overall if in the area, I would definitely return again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hilton Garden Inn Lakeland
Lakeland Terrace Hotel
Lakeland Terrace Hotel
#11 of 33 in Lakeland

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City? Share your experiences!