“A taste of Italy”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“A taste of Italy”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The best pasta dishes I have ever had! Homemade,melts in your mouth I had the lasagna it was amazing, my husband had the lobster ravioli. Chucks of lobster it was delicious . We will definitely be back many more times in the near future.

Englewood, Florida
“The Best”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Our favorite Italian restaurant and our favorite restaurant in Placida, Florida! We have been at Villa Capri several times and everything there is delicious :-) and the service is excellent !

Englewood, Florida
“DELIZIOSO!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Mom and I tried Villa Capri for the first time this evening and we WILL be coming back with friends. This is the best italian meal I have had since I left New York. We started off with the Vongole Oregenata (clams) they were light and buttery and the sauce which we soaked up with our fresh bread was awesome. The olive oil and balsamic vinegar dip for the bread was a hit with my Mother. Mom had the Veal Scallopini Marsala which I tasted and it was lovely. I had the Linguini Vongole in white sauce. The clams were so fresh and light ! No chewy clams here! We had to bring some home with us there was too much to eat at one sitting! Next time I am going to leave room for cannoli! The owner and the waitstaff were very courteous and our waiter did not even write the order down . Impressive!

Port Charlotte, Florida, Usa
“Villa Capri (Placida, Florida) a must try”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have dined several times at the Villa Capri in Placida and have found it to be consistently excellent. The specials (whether an appetizer or entree) are varied and the entree's usually included a fish, veal or pasta dinner. I especially enjoy their Mussels in a spicy red sauce, Broccoli Rabe and whatever seafood special they offer. The wine list is sufficient. The service is on the spot, friendly and professional. If there is one drawback, it might be the service at their daily Happy Hour, it is sometimes slow. However, the drinks and prices make it worthwhile. It is a great distance from New Jersey but it hits the spot.

• Visited April 2014
Shrewsbury
“Outstanding Food in Convivial Atmosphere and Very Affordable”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

My wife (who lived in Italy for many years) and I went with friends (of Italian heritage) on a recommendation from other friends. We started with Italian Mixed Meats then my wife had Linguine Amatriciana (substituting the Penne), I had the mixed fish special (sole surrounded by shrimp, mussels and clams in a herb sauce) and our friends had mixed fried fish and lasagne. All was absolutely superb and, for some of us, more than we could eat. By far the best Italian food we've eat in Florida and ranking among the best anywhere in the world. The service was friendly and efficient and the owner came to our table afterwards when we shared memories of Tuscany and Napoli. And the bill was far less than I expected. Slightly more than $20 per person plus wine. Will be gong again soon!!

• Visited May 2014