“Fresh Seafood/Great view”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Seafood, Pakistani, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Friend of ours who is a fisherman recommended we stop at the Fishery after going to Boca Grande. The seafood is fresh, service is good and the view is very nice Recommend taking a walk on the pier around sunset. Its Old Florida style building, so it may seem a little rough when you first approach. However the food is reasonably priced and very good quality. Hush puppies and homemade gumbo are excellent the fish is very fresh. They also make delicious fresh fried onion rings and fried clams.

There are newer reviews for Fishery Restaurant

Reviewed January 17, 2013

My group of 6 plus a baby visited the restaurant today after being disappointed by Rum Bay Restaurant. We were seated immediately. Lisa - the waitress - immediately sensed the baby who was not feeling well and cranky, and rushed to get some things to amuse her including a plate of assorted foods and some toys to play with.
Even without that, I can't recommend the restaurant enough. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Three of us had the mahi wrap. The fish was tasty and crisp and surrounded by yummy slaw and cheese. Served on an attractively decorated plate with some fries, it was the perfect lunch. I ate all of mine but the serving was generous and my friends each took half of theirs home. My husbands tilapia and fries consisted of a overly generous serving of very lightly battered, fries and hush puppies.The fish was sweet tasting, flaky and perfectly cooked. Lisa kept the water glasses full and offered seconds to those drinking alcohol. All in all a really good experience. We'll be back.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Good food and a great view. Restaurant have a large varied menu. Best oysters ever! Yummy sweet potato fries. Good service.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I go to the Fishery restaurant every year when we come to Florida for the winter. It is a simple place decorated with artificial fish and other denizens of the ocean and beach. The menu focuses on fish and seafood though there are other choices if absolutely necessary. The fried platter is heaped with shrimp, scallops, clams and fish as well as well prepared french fries. This is the ideal spot for a casual meal that will satisfy every time.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I visited here a short while ago having been numerous times in the past. I instantly felt unwelcome due to the attitude of the uninterested server. She was unhelpful, grumpy and had about as much charisma as the slop she served us.

The food was inedible and the waitress didn't once apologise nor offer to replace the $24 'specials' with something I would at least feel comfortable serving my dog.

Needless to say, we all made a quick escape and no tip was left!