“Is it fixable?”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Pinellas Park
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Is it fixable?”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Okay, a cheap place to stay for the night; but think they gave us a higher rate because of out of state driver license. Walked into the room, smelled musty, creepy old sofa, no nightstands. Needs a giant renovation, the ceiling had patched areas, needs a whole new ceiling job and throw out the sofa. Both inside and out needs new paint, the bathtub would not hold water until we put a rag in the drain. No remote for television and when we asked for one said they would find one for us which they never did. The bathroom had rust along the bottom of the door and the edge of the tiles close to the floor. This needs a major renovation and good cleaning too! Only thing good was a computer for guest use in the lobby.

Room Tip: Not here; keep on going...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_Budget, General Manager at Budget Inn Pinellas Park, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Budget Inn for your recent stay in our area. Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated.

On behalf of our entire staff at Budget Inn we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We are working diligently to correct these issues and I appreciate that you brought them to my attention. As a gesture of good will, I would like to offer a complimentary room night based upon availability on your next stay. Please contact our reservation office when you are ready to make another reservation.

Please accept our apology and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please contact me directly at the hotel.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong, and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Pinellas Park, FL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bexbach
Reviewed November 7, 2013

the location is ok , but this is the worst hotel i had ever been .
outside is ok - but the rooms are really dirty . many stains in the carpet and curtains .
awfull bathtub ,....
broken furniture
is not worth to say more about this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank khzuerich
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated.
Upon receipt of your review, the Maintenance staff was notified of your report of the issues in the room assigned to you and instructed to get rid of them. Front Desk staff received additional training regarding the level of security and privacy of our guest’s and their belongings. We are also working on renovating half of the rooms and upgrading and adding more rooms to our property.

I hope that you will change your mind at that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Budget Inn Pinellas Park. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Budget Inn Pinellas Park
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My sister and I were coming in from Baltimore for a family reunion and decided to stay here because it had cheap prices. How cheap is too cheap? We found out.

Our first indication that something was wrong is that the sign said "Budget Inn Mexican Restaurant." At first we thought we were at the wrong place but we were mistaken. Our second indication that something was wrong is that my sister had to ring a doorbell at the front in order for the front desk guy to unlock the door. The man was very nice and kind. While she was checking us in, a hooker came in to rent the "cheapest room possible." When the guy told my sister our room number he whispered it to her so the hooker wouldn't hear.

We found our way to our room. The pool looked nice although neither of us was there to swim. Our room was on the bottom. On the balcony up top some guy was standing over the railing and smoking a joint.

We got into our non-smoking room and were hit by the smell of cigarettes. The place was a little grungy but it was 1 in the morning and we were only staying for one more night so we figured we'd deal with it. I went to lock the door and the lock wouldn't quite click all the way. Then I went to put the chain lock on and it was hanging from the door because it had been ripped out of the wall, presumably by someone who wanted in enough to kick the door open.

I had to go to the bathroom but when I stepped in I immediately decided I didn't have to go that badly and could maybe go to a gas station or something. The tub was horribly stained. There was a towel draped over the side of the tub and you could tell it might have been white at some point but it was so badly stained that you would have never known. The tub was disgusting and we both immediately thought "well maybe we could shower at a family's house."

There were two beds - a full sized bed and a queen sized bed, even though the room was supposed to be two queens. The comforters were sticky and stained and had cigarette burns all over them so we took those off. My sister brought an extra sheet and pillow cases just in case and instead of using both beds we decided to both sleep on the clean sheet she brought for her bed. We were putting new pillowcases on the bed and the pillows stunk so bad that we couldn't bring ourselves to finish the job.

We decided then to pack up our stuff and leave. We half walked/ran to our car and tore out of the parking lot and drove right down the road to La Quinta Inn.

Not worth the danger. We didn't even bother telling the front desk we were leaving. We got to our new hotel and threw away the keys. I couldn't bear to stay long enough to take more than two pictures.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kara F
I would like to start out by apologizing that your stay was not up to your expectations. We take the safety and security of all our guests extremely seriously and to learn of the experience that you had is very surprising. We are located in a suburban area and right next to mainlands golf coarse and Church and in an extremely safe neighborhood.
We appreciate your feedback and will take it up with the appropriate staff to ensure that they are addressing all guest concerns with an extreme sense of urgency all the time.
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I needed a room just to sleep in for the night because I needed to be at a conference 3 miles away the next day.

Walking to my room, I noticed all of the AC units leaking out onto the walkway. Some units had a bowl to collect water.

Upon entering my room at 9pm, I was exhauster and wanted to go to sleep. I opened the door, and a wave of hot air hit me in the face. The AC unit was off, and the HOT water in the tub was on. This created a sauna in the room, and everything was sweating. I turned the water off and the AC on. Who knows how long the water had been running.

I then go to sit on the bed, and the bedframe broke. I noticed ants crawling on the phone cord and onto the bedspread. There were also roaches running around. The bedsheets had cigarette burns and holes on them, but I could tell that they were clean.

Thankfully, the bathroom was clean. If I wasn't so exhausted, I would have went to another hotel. No problems with the staff, as they were all friendly and apologetic when I told them about the problems. I just don't understand how after seeing so many of the same problems in these reviews that none of the problems have been taken care of. I needed my room at the last minute and didn't think to look at reviews. I was blinded by the price.

• Stayed October 2013

Holiday, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2013

do not ever go there to this hotel, it is disgusting, very dirty, the pool is also dirty, and the rooms they are very dirty and anyone who rents a hotel room in this hotel you will get very sick, it is dirty on the outside also, the food is horrible, the restuarant is also dirty and it smells

Room Tip: a good room is the the comfort in
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_Budget, General Manager at Budget Inn Pinellas Park, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing Budget Inn Pinellas Park for your recent stay in our area. Hopefully the results from the major renovations being done will make the place much more pleasant in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1)Maintenance staff was notified of your report of roaches in the room assigned to you and instructed to get rid of them. They were also notified of your report of the condition of the pool and instructed to see to it that it is properly cleaned

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Unfortunately a family member reserved this room for us for a week. I couldn't believe they must have thought so little of us to put us there. They said the room they saw did not look like this when they reserved it and they didn't notice at the bottom of the paperwork where'd they'd signed that it stated no refunds or cancellations. We stayed there the first night, no bugs, night two was another story and went to the store and bought bug spray. The room and carpet smelled moldy, the bed sheets ere too small for the size bed and were stained but washed. The bathroom was horrific, stains in the tubs, holes in the walls. Walls for recently painted however stained. The first night my husband went up to the desk to ask for more towels since there was four of us in the room. He came to the room to check out the towel situation before bringing us new towels. Like we stoled the stained towels or something. The family member who gloriously reserved this hell hole for us stated that they didn't know that the displaced family were given vouchers to stay at this place. The next night same towel situation and the poor front desk clerk had to deal with person who used to live there screaming at her about being kicked out. Day three there was a fire in the restaurant attached to the hotel. What a great smell to have to deal with when eating breakfast in the breakfast area. The room had no phone, alarm clock, hair dryer or iron as stated. Chair in room half the fabric was removed. Air conditioner worked although it sounds like there was a squeaky mouse trapped inside. Door to the room did not lock properly and had to fight with it to lock. Left nothing in the room for fear it would be lifted! Do not stay there!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Janet P
Manager_Budget, General Manager at Budget Inn Pinellas Park, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Janet,
chester, connecticut
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I grew up living on the streets, and I have lived in many undesirable places in inner cities. This was the worst place I have ever stayed in. I paid for 6 days, but told them after the first night that the place was disgusting and I could not stay there. Their entire mantra is "you signed a contract and you do not get your money back". I have pictures, but am too tired to upload them right now. I have pictures of roaches in the sink and on the tables, disgusting bath, something (vomit?) on the wall, a rug that sticks to your feet when you walk on it, one screw holding the door lock plate on, smashed AC unit, mold covering the entire top of the lamp shade. Crackheads that live there permanently will take anything not nailed down, I left without my sandals and cooler due to theft. The outside walkways were filthy with black areas where people had walked. The restaurant (Mexican) in the hotel was just as dirty and beat up. When I attempted to explain to the manager that this was more than about a "contract", but about business ethics, he told me he was going to call the police. I told him to call them, but he got back to his conversation about the "contract", and what he called an "extended stay". 6 days is an extended stay? The furniture was so dirty from hair and body oils that I never sat down on them. All the furniture was damaged and broken. I should have know by the door handle on the entrance to the office not to go any further. If you stay here, you deserve any discomfort you experience after reading all the comments on this dump. I will be sending my pictures to the Pinellas Country Health Department, and trying to get a refund from Budget Inns. How they could let this disgusting place use their name is also a puzzle to me. Oh, bring some spare change for the pan handlers. Disgusting is the least I can say.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clearwater South
Red Roof Inn Clearwater Airport
Extended Stay America - St. Petersburg - Carillon Park
Tampa Bay Extended Stay Hotel

Been to Budget Inn Pinellas Park? Share your experiences!