“Totally disgusted and angry!”

Budget Inn Pinellas Park
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Pinellas Park
NMB
“Totally disgusted and angry!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hotels.com should remove budgt Inn from their list of hotels..Budget Inn doesn't qualify as ahotel..It's a total fleabag..Threadbare sheets, dirty and smelly carpets..We requested nonsmoking and the room reeked of smoke..I went to the front desk to ask for a better room, but none was available...while there another guest came to complain about the condition of his room..Apparently he was given a room that wasn't cleaned for the day and the bed was unmade..Hotels .com should be ashamed to represent such a disgusting establishment...Suffice it to say we didn't stay the night there...we got a room for the night at country inns and suite...which was a huge step up from budget inn...

Room Tip: None of the above....that place is for lowlife's and scumbags..
Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hobe Sound, Florida
Reviewed February 17, 2013

One of the worst experience I ever had. At the beginning I called to the hotel for directions. Several times. And they sent me miles away. La-Quinta guys given me right directions... "Non-smoking" room was deadly smoked, all my clothes soaked in tobacco smoke even after washing. Denied a request to replace the room, promiced to spray, insisted it's indeed non-smoking. Ended with terrible allergy...
On the breakfast: "Where are napkins?" "Sorry, there are no napkins..." All 3 days. They do not want to buy napkins for their guests...
On 3rd day the boiler failed. Within 24 hours I did not have a chance to take a shower. The staff kept saying "it will be fixed in an hour or two", "Manager is not here, sorry". I had to check out early and move to La Quinta where non-smoking means non-smoking indeed.
Other than that, both www.budgetinnstpetersburgfl.com and travelocity.com sites said "One king bed non smoking room.Wireless internet, air conditioning, alarm clock, cable tv, coffee maker, hairdryer, iron/board". There were neither coffee maker, hairdryer nor iron/board. They removed it from their listings when I started complaining.
The manager was not responding on my e-mails when I requested reimbursement.
Travelocity (where I made reservation) neither helped to resolve the situation.
They denied any refund for my terrible stay.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel at the area. Super 8 or La Quinta Inn's around are significantly better val...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Pinellas Park hotels

Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed December 2, 2012

No exaggerating. They were rude, mean and nasty the entire time we were there. Their continental breakfast is a joke. cereal, bagels no cream cheese even. The rooms smelled of mold and one room you could see the mold! Graffiti on the walls, beds were hard as a rock. The heat did not work so they sent us to another room that did not have comforters or a phone. Do not waste your time or money staying there.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is somewhere besides this place and you should be better off.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Manager_Budget, General Manager at Budget Inn Pinellas Park, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Budget Inn for your recent stay in our area. Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated.
On behalf of our entire staff at Budget Inn we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We are working diligently to correct these issues and I appreciate that you brought them to my attention. As a gesture of good will, I would like to offer a complimentary room night based upon availability on your next stay. Please contact our reservation office when you are ready to make another reservation.
Please accept our apology and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please contact me directly at the hotel.
I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong, and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
Kunj Patel
Budget Inn,
Pinellas Park, FL
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed here for almost a month due to some personal things going on in my life & this I'd what I could afford. I realize you get what you pay for but this was awful! I was there with my 5 year old son & was at my wits end with all the noise, partying, fighting, drugs & hookers & was going to leave when my week ran up...well I woke up the morning after I decided to leave & found blood in my bed by my pillow, lying there was an engorged bed bug! That's right bed bug! I demanded a refund & left right away. They were mad at me for their problem! Dirty blankets, sheets, floors & so on. Sugar ants everywhere! The list goes on & on! Don't stay here!

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank nickelcandy
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Budget Inn Pinellas Park for your recent stay in our area. Hopefully the results from the major rehab being done will make the place much more pleasant in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) Security and management were approached to see what could be done to make our valued guests feel safer in using the stair areas.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.
3) We have also notified our pest control company of the issue and will see what can be done to get rid of our unwanted visitors.

I hope that you will change your mind at that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Budget Inn Pinellas Park. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Kunj Patel
Budget Inn Pinellas Park
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed April 12, 2012

the owner is very rude he told us that he could charge us whatever he wanted to charge us so that means he charges people different prices. when we asked for someone to come and look at the A/C because it wasnt throwing out cool air the owner came and looked at it and said theres nothing he could do about it then left, he didnt care that we was burning up. the channels suck because you only get about 5 or 6 channels so you will just have to sit there and be bored. you pay 25 cents for ice. you have to put up 25 dollars for a frig and microwave to be put in your room and you dont get back the 25 dollars, i have never seen someone have to put up money for a frig and microwave to be put in your room i mean come on how retarded. i wouldnt stay there again. very bad place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank mmmm1983
budgetinnstpetersbug, Webmaster at Budget Inn Pinellas Park, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

• Owner was approached about setting up a plan that could be seen by all prospective guests so that they would know what was being charged for rooms and that all were being treated the same.

• Owner received additional training in the courteous manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the A/C and the TV in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to their repair or replacement.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Budget Inn Pinellas Park. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Titusville, Florida, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Never again will I risk the life of myself or my family. Its funny to see the response of this place, I was just there on April 6th and nothing has changed from the previous reviews. First off the room stunk, hole in bathroom door, Orange duck tape on wall, as if there was a peep hole, Slutty Suzie sitting on steps, Crack head Bob passed out on bench with a cigar hanging from mouth, dope dealers making deals on stairways...I have not seen any type of security ( pretty hard to train when there is none ) Front desk rude as can be. It was a like a scary movie. For the first time ever, I thought I was going to have to use my gun ( NO JOKE ).
Spend the extra $20-$30 and stay somewhere else.
This is the first time I ever wrote a review of any hotel-Motel, so thats has to say something.

Room Tip: Any Room but the one at this place.........NO JOKE
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Peter J
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Budget Inn Pinellas Park for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that it did not turn out to be the pleasant experience you had anticipated.

• Owner/manager was approached about your report of prostitutes and dope dealers on the premises. It was discussed what could be done to stop them from working on the premises.

• Front desk worker received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

I stayed here for a couple weeks for work. The front desk staff is very very rude. They have absolutely no TV channels. U feel like things are crawling on you when u sleep. Over all it was a very bad experience. One note though the Mexican restaurant is worth Eating at again. Very good food

• Stayed February 2012
5 Thank ramage2005
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Budget Inn Pinellas Park for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that you feel it was a bad experience, but I am glad that you enjoyed the food at the Mexican restaurant.

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the TV in the room assigned to you. They were instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pinellas Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Bay Clearwater AP
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#16 of 98 in Clearwater

Been to Budget Inn Pinellas Park? Share your experiences!