“the worse thing had happened in my life”

Budget Inn Pinellas Park
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Pinellas Park
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Been in this hotel is a surrealistic experience. The room supposed to be non-smoking smelled like if the whole army has been smoking inside. I complained and they told me that the room was no smoking. But there was an ashtray on it and threy couldn't hide the strong smell. I was itching due to the cigar smell and couldn't sleep all night. They promised to change rooms the following day. I kept all my luggage ready to be transported to another room. When I came at night they didn't do anything and I had to return to the same room. I threatened to call the police and they said that the hotel is a private property and they do whatever goes in their mind, what he was partially right.
If you have kids don't go. There are cockroaches big like a bird moving under the bed. If you don't have kids don't go either unless you think your lung is a trash can.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Frank F
budgetinnstpetersbug, Webmaster at Budget Inn Pinellas Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

• Desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guest.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of cockroaches in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any needed extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Budget Inn Pinellas Park. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

omg dont stay here crack hotel. my room was broken into and my 2 dogs stolen out of the room. 1 dog has returned the puppy is still missing. value your life go some place else

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lee N
budgetinnstpetersbug, Webmaster at Budget Inn Pinellas Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Budget Inn Pinellas Park for your recent stay in our area. I am so horrified at what happened with your dogs. I am glad that you got the older dog back and hope that you soon get the puppy.

• Management was approached to see what was being done about recovering your puppy. We also discussed security measures that could be taken to prevent this from happening again to anyone else.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will reconsider and will once again choose to stay at Budget Inn Pinellas Park. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed March 8, 2011

I woke up with water dripping on my head from the room above at 6AM The lady at the desk could have cared less. I put the ice bucket (never did find the ice machine) on the bed to catch the water. On checking out the man at the desk feigned understanding what I was telling him, again couldn't have give a care (he thought maybe the toilet above was leaking) just what I wanted to hear.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aaron5658
budgetinnstpetersbug, Webmaster at Budget Inn Pinellas Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Budget Inn Pinellas Park for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry about the horrible experience you encountered with the water dripping on your head. I am sure that I too would be horribly upset with such an occurrence, especially not being sure of its source.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) Maintenance staff was notified of your report and instructed to see to it that the problem is fixed.

2) Desk staff received additional training in being more empathetic towards our valued guests and helping to solve problems.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Budget Inn Pinellas Park. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed April 4, 2010

Amazing collection of debris on floor - 3 cellophane wrappers, 1 battery, top of baby's feeding jar, packet of hair grips, cereal (cheerios), plastic flower and several year's worth of dust and dirt. Even more amazing was the completely disinterested reaction of the woman at reception when it was brought to her attention. Drive on.........

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank angelaja

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon the receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) The reception staff received additional training in their responsibility to see to the comfort of our valued guests.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

Reviewed March 9, 2010

my finance and i were traveling trough pinellas to st.petersburg. we drove from orlando after fyling in from san diego california, we decided to drive to st.petersburg to spend time there. we stopped at howard johnson to check in. we were so tired. the front desk was ruin. when we got to our rom there were only 2 towels 3 pillows and no microwave. or ice bucket!
we kindly asked for towels (2) but the front desk declined. he said he couldnt the maid had left and it is their company policy to allow 2 towels only but he could send the maid in the morning at 9p.m so we ask for an ice bucket he said there should be one in the room! there was'nt! we tried to be calm and nice but the front desk service was so bad it made us feel terrible.
next morning at 9:30. no towels! my fiance calls the front desk, he asked for towels and the front desk rudely says we needed to find the maid to get them ourselves! i call back and kindy reminded him he would send someone to brings 2 towels at nine a.m. he yelled at me and said " are you calling me a liar?!" we were just treated terrible!
the maid finally brings extra towels but before this she accuses us for having two extra people in our room. which was not true!! these employees at this howard johnson are crazy! it was scary and uncomfortable! now the name howard johnson is a bad name in my book!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flpropertybuyer

Dear Guest,

1) The housekeeping staff received additional training in making sure that the rooms are properly supplied before being okayed as ready for our valued guests.

2) Staff members received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

Reviewed September 6, 2009

There are thugs everywhere, people knocked on our door constantly asking for change and food and the management did NOTHING..the pool looked like it had not been cleaned in weeks, the rooms, the "non-smoking" rooms smelled like pot, and the carpet smelled like beer. Just overall this was a horrible experience.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank alibatia

Dear Guest,

1) Management and security staff received extra training in their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests are not harassed and that they feel secure and comfortable at our establishment.

Reviewed July 16, 2009

Room was filthy paint peeling off door. Exhaust fans covered in dust. AC falling apart, phone had dirt built up for years, carpet not vacuumed or washed in quite some time. Asked for another room. They gave me a master key and list of vacant rooms and told me to find one on my own. I found one that was in a little better shape but not nearly close to HoJo standards. Linens were thread bare, looked like they were purchased at a thrift store. Rude front desk. Pool area dirty and water scary looking. Unsavory types in parking lot. Web site said newly remodeled. Maybe in 1965. I took pictures and sent with E-Mail to headquarters. Thier reply was that they would forward to location general manager. Bye, bye HoJo.

Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

1) Security staff was notified of your report of unsavory types in the parking lot.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training regarding the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

3) Maintenance staff was instructed to look into the condition of the pool and see to it that it is cleaned and ready for our valued guests.

4) Front desk staff received additional training concerning the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pinellas Park
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#13 of 98 in Clearwater
Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road

Been to Budget Inn Pinellas Park? Share your experiences!