“Yummy seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Tried Rosies because it's cout of the touristy zone of the beach area and easy to get to from home. We had read some good reviews too. This place in in a unassuming strip mall. The interior is fun and full of beachy decor. The food prices seemed a little high. My clam chowder was delicious and I ordered a bowl, but the smallest bowl in the universe came out and looked more like a cup. Looked like a tginy crock. I also tried the clam fritters. They were good but could use a little more clam. Also tried the fried oyster po boy which was tasty and had planey of oysters.. The service was good. The owner goes from table to table to see how things are going, I don't mind that, but he came back like 4 times and it started getting annoying. We will be back although not as often as we would probably like because of the prices.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We should start by mentioning that good, reasonably priced seafood is rare in Cincinnati, and half of this Review-Writing Team is an Annapolis native stranded in Cincinnati, perpetually starved for good seafood, and wondering what the heck he was thinking when he moved here.
So, we're house hunting in Largo (Clearwater) and we drove past the sign for Rosie's Clam Shack on 49th St., in a small strip mall. We're hot, tired and crabby (sorry) and decided to take our chances. What a stroke of luck!
Waitress Michelle welcomed us as if we were long-lost friends. My frosted mug had bits of ice clinging to it. You could actually taste several different kinds of seafood in the seafood quesadilla. The baked, stuffed grouper was absolutely excellent!
So we ended up eating at Rosie's 3 times in 2 days. Discovered the oyster po' boy, right out of New Orleans, and more feeling like we were good friends with everybody in there.
This place is great on so many levels, with a special "hats off" to Michelle for super service and friendliness.

2  Thank JamieandCarol
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Was recommended the restaurant from my hotel. Outstanding service, best po-boy I've had since New Orleans. Steam clams were great and Michelle was excellent server. Great local place for a cocktail and food

1  Thank merlotman28
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We went to Rosie's Clam Shack yesterday. We were going to make the long trek to Anna Marie's Oyster Bar, but I had seen some info on Rosies Clam Shack and wanted to try it. My husband was reluctant as it was Father's Day and he knew that Anna Marie's was worth the trip and Rosie's was an unknown, but we decided that we would make the hour drive to Rosie's. He was delighted. We shared a bowl of clam chowder and steamed whole belly clams. The clam chowder was ok, but had a seasoning that I wasn't overly fond of, but my husband still liked it. I would still order the clam chowder again as it was nice and thick and had a nice amount of clams in it. Not overly done with potatoes like so many places do with very little amount of clams. This was very good except for the 1 seasoning that I was not fond of. The steamed clams were good, but you don't get very many for the price $10.95. The next time we go (and that is a definite), I will have the oysters on the half shell. We both ordered the Fishermans platter. Boy, was it delicious! I usually taste everything first to see which is the best on my plate and save the best to finish with. I had a problem as the whole belly clams, oysters, shrimp and sea scallops were all excellent. Of course there was white fish on the platter too, but I am not overly fond of plain fish, but it was good also. My husband has only tried whole belly clams when I have ordered them in the past at other restaurants and he couldn't believe how good these were and I would have to say they were the best that I have had around the Tampa area. Along with the Fishermans platter came 2 sides. Those did not impress me as much. The coleslaw was ok and the red potatoes were a little bit better than ok. Also, you got a basket of their onion rings and they were definitely above ok. The fishermans platter only comes fried and is $15.95. All in all, definitely going to make the hour drive and return to Rosie's Clam Shack and definitely will recommend it to friends that like GOOD SEAFOOD! I have already told my father(lives up north) that if he makes the trip down that I will take him to Rosies as I know that he would love the platter. He just wouldn't be able to eat it all and he would have a problem deciding what to eat first. They do have lobster rolls and they will make oyster poor boys if you want. We do have to make a return trip for an oyster poor boy to compare. My friends will want to check out the lobster rolls as they are from Massachusetts and are also finicky about their seafood and they will be able to tell me if the lobster rolls are great or ok. Close or a distance, try Rosie's Clam Shack it is not a fancy restaurant, but when we were there the seafood was properly cooked and light on the breading(in fact some fell off when you went to put your fork into it). I hope if you go that you enjoy it as much as my husband and I did.

1  Thank MichelleFlorida
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Complete dive...hole in the wall...this takes the cake! Lobster roll was horrible..no flavor and lobster tasted like rubber imitation crab! Fries awesome....lobster bake was dryer than chalk. Only thing that was good was the service. Waitress tried but could not make the tasteless, flavorless food. Our 2 tables had same remarks and another customer complained of the lobster. Disappointing...first review of any restaurant. Funny the guys outside said food was fabulous...they didn't eat and at bar all night! Lol