“Complete dive all around!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Rosie's Clam Shack
Cuisines: Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
“Complete dive all around!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Complete dive...hole in the wall...this takes the cake! Lobster roll was horrible..no flavor and lobster tasted like rubber imitation crab! Fries awesome....lobster bake was dryer than chalk. Only thing that was good was the service. Waitress tried but could not make the tasteless, flavorless food. Our 2 tables had same remarks and another customer complained of the lobster. Disappointing...first review of any restaurant. Funny the guys outside said food was fabulous...they didn't eat and at bar all night! Lol

florida
“A little Gem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Was visiting a plumbing supply show room across the street and the hunger pain hit. Saw the little shopping center across the street with a pizza place and drove over for a quick lunch. Upon entering the shopping center I saw Rosie's Clam Shack so I decided to try it. Bam! Home run.
I had seafood quesadillas and the wife had fried clam strips. Michelle, the waitress offered a sample of their whole belly clams and they were awesome.
This is a small restaurant and not fancy but very clean and the food is great. They get their seafood from the Boston area twice a week.
Can't wait to go back to try orthe items.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank capttarpon
Boston
“You have to try this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

I have been driving past this place for months wanting to stop by. I finally did the other night and now I can't believe it's taken me this long! The food was out of this world. I started with the New England Clam Chowder(that is homemade real New England style), and I just couldn't stop. I ordered a pick 4 from the menu, where you can choose what you want to combine. I got the shrimp, fried oysters, whole belly clams, and the scallops. Everything was great, and I'm very picky especially with my scallops and they were big, authentic New Bedford Sea Scallops! Even the coleslaw was one of the best I've had for quite some time. Great atmosphere and a very friendly staff, I felt like I was home. I will make it a point to be back very soon!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Jennifer J
St Petersburg
“monday's nightmare”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

My wife, I ,and two friends went to Rosie's on Monday evening. One waitress to handle the room. I was on the hunt for a decent lobster roll. So on the strength of the reviews read here, I went. It took an hour and a half to get the entire order served. A family of four across from us waited longer and they were there before us. The lobster was salted to the point of removing any flavor except salt. Yuk! The clam chowder was passible if you happen to like clam soup. I found two small pieces of clam in the chowder.
For the price of a lobster roll, $15.95, I expected better. The roll fell apart which in turn left me eating a lobster roll with a fork. Come on! I will never go to this overpriced, bad service joint again. By the way, when the family across finally got their food the lobster was overcooked. $21.95. You would think that they would have offered to cut his bill, nope. It was his birthday dinner. Some birthday party. Stay away and save your money.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rick m
Brampton, Canada
“Authentic Newfoundland Atmosphere on Wednesdays!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Visited recently with family and friends from Newfoundland. The live Newfoundland music, fresh cod fish and chips and friendly atmosphere reminded me of very much of Newfoundland establishments! I'm definitely going back and will take my Newfoundland friends who visit!

• Visited January 2012