“Never had a bad experience here”

Campanella's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 156 Restaurants in Pinellas Park
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida
“Never had a bad experience here”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I can't speak of what's on the menu, I never make it past the specials. Great family atmosphere. My son and I ALWAYS go to wash our hands when we go out and on our way to the restroom in the back of the restaurant I am always amazed at how many people have pizza on the table. I feel sorry for these people as the food is amazing and pizza isn't high on my list. My son is a calamari fan and is never disappointed. Try the Sangria

• Visited November 2013

Key Largo, Florida
“Very Good”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stopped here on our way back to our hotel we were hungry and Italian seemed to be calling us. We did a search of the area and this place came up, had we not searched for it we would have missed it. They need a "new" location. We walked in and were greeted by a very friendly hostess. Once seated our waitress came took our drink order, she was very friendly and did a great job. My husband ordered the special Shrimp Roman and I ordered the Gnocchi w/meat sauce. We were given complimentary bruschetta, owner special of the week, nice touch and very good! The tomato and garlic was so good. Our salads were very good, was not a fan of the bread basket a little dry for me but my husband ate it. My gnocchi's were very good, and my husband's Shrimp Roman was very good. The Alfredo sauce at this place is OUTSTANDING, he should bottle this and sell it! and truthfully I am not a big Alfredo sauce person. This place is worth the trip or stop if you are in the area.

• Visited October 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“It Doesn't Get Better Than This!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I've eaten Italian food all over, and I still have yet to find a place better than Campanella's. To think a small town in Florida would have such amazing authentic Italian food is crazy, but it's true.

I come from an Italian family and am very particular about things, especially gnocchi. The gnocchi at Campanella's is without question the best I've ever had, with an amazing meat sauce. I have tried gnocchi all over, and still haven't found any that beat the texture and flavor of Campanella's. The guys that work here are from Italy, so they know what they are doing. Antonio is absolutely amazing. He even made huge portions on his day off for my college graduation a couple years back. Who does that?! That's the kind of place this is.

The servers have always been fantastic, never any issues at all. I have yet to have something on the menu I don't love. The pasta is amazing and the pizza is to die for. It can all be complimented by their awesome cannolis! Even their dessert is amazing, their filling for the cannolis is crazy good.

It really is hard to say enough about this place. Rarely do you find a restaurant of this quality with the type of owners who would come in on a day off to make huge portions just for a family function. You just don't find that. Quality and service? Both are stellar at Campanella's.

Anyone even remotely close to the area should come try the food here, they wouldn't be disappointed. Skip over the fakes like Olive Garden and Carrabba's and get some good homemade authentic Italian at Campanella's. The portions are true Italian family style portions that will leave you stuffed.

Their house salad dressing is so tasty, and salads come with your meal. I think it's a variation of a creamy Italian, but it really is an amazing dressing. Bread also will come with your meal that is terrific, great garlic taste to it.

My favorite restaurant and the best Italian I've had. With my Italian family and being picky with Italian food, it's hard to say that about any place, but we have to say it about Campanella's. I've brought many a friend here to enjoy their food and they too were hooked.

• Visited August 2013
Toccoa, Georgia
“Not What We Had in Mind”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were hoping for a quaint family-owned Italian restaurant but were certainly disappointed. I guess a clue would have been that you could not smell garlic when you entered. One of the first things that we noticed on the menu was that the lunch prices were only $.25-$.75 less than the dinner prices since both are listed on the menu. We ordered two Chicken Parmigiana with side of pasta which came with a pathetic salad and toasted garlic bread that needed a lot of extra butter. There was a mix-up in the kitchen which caused only one order to be placed so we decided to share the one order rather than wait for the second. The one good thing I can say about Campanellas is that the protion of the entree was large enough for us to share and we each had plenty for lunch. The owner required the waitress to put a $3.50 sharing charge on our check--we could not believe it. To her credit, the waitress said it was her fault and she was going to pay the charge. She was an excellent waitress and should not have needed to do that so we made up for it in her tip. We will not be going back to Campanellas.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank kasey47
Pinellas Park, Florida, USA
“Still Going Strong”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Last time I ate here was probably seven years ago, but the quality remains high for this little Italian restaurant. This time I tried the Manicotti Siciliano, which, as the waitress reminded me, does not have manicotti in it. But it had eggplant, which I wanted to eat rather than meat. It was a great dish. We also ordered appetizers of garlic knots (called bucconico, I think) and mozzarella sticks. Both were excellent. The mozzarella sticks were probably the first ones I ate that were so crispy they held their shape, even with cutting. And the coating tasted great, too, not burnt like I've had at other places. The kids ordered pizza and said it was good. My son ordered a pasta dish and had to take some home, and he's a big kid. So the portions are generous as well. The opening salad had a little too much vinaigrette dressing, so I'd rate that lackluster, but I wasn't there for the salad. Service was excellent, and we food was served quickly and while hot. Overall very good to excellent food, and excellent and friendly service.

• Visited July 2013