“Real Cajun in Pinellas Park”

Cajun Cafe On the Bayou
Ranked #4 of 158 Restaurants in Pinellas Park
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Opened in 1996 by Joe Thibodaux from Thibodaux Louisiana and taken over by his daughter and son in law in 2003, serving authentic Louisiana cuisine and craft beer, we have boiled crawfish when in season and we make all our food from scratch. We are open Wednesday to Sunday 11.30am to 9.00pm for last orders, closed Monday and Tuesday (cannot change the times below)
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Cajun Cafe is as close as you can get to real Cajun food on the bayou in Louisiana . Very authentic .. Beer and wine only.. Crawfish dishes are to die for not to mention the whiskey bread pudding for desert..

There are newer reviews for Cajun Cafe On the Bayou

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Always consistent quality and flavor of food. Whiskey bread pudding is killer!!! Long list of local craft beers. A must if you enjoy Cajun food or are looking for a change of the same old choices. Service is great always friendly and helpful yo help with tough decisions on what to get. Very knowledgable about the beers they carry.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The ambiance and the food are spot on! I ordered the cajun shrimp and thoroughly enjoyed my meal! The bread pudding is not to be skipped! Would definitely return and recommend to others!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had the Craw-fish Cornbread great appetizer for two. The golden beer is delicious a little pricey at 5$ a pop but worth it. The jambalaya is spicy and tasty, could have used a little more chicken and sausage but over all not bad. For 2 entrees, appetizer and 3 beers it was $56.00 before tip. A little pricy but well worth it. Fyi They do not allow cell phones, if you are texting, talking or playing a game they will ask you to put it away. This is one of the reasons I like this place, it's great to dine out and not see everyone with their cell phones stuck to their hands.

1  Thank Surfgirl1981
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is about my fifth trip to the Cajun Café and each meal has been a treat. But, I read some of the less than stellar reviews and have come to the conclusion that those diners just don't get this place. I also strongly suspect they have never eaten in a real Cajun restaurant on a bayou in Louisiana, either. This place is about as authentic Cajun this side of Abbeville, LA. What would you expect except a bit of a shack over the water, which this place definitely is. The food can vary in its spiciness but it can be quite spicy, so be prepared. The alligator sauce piquant is my favorite and a hit with me every time. Because I wanted something a little less spicy this time, I tried the special of the night - Fried Meat Loaf!!!! Yes, you heard right. I asked the wait staff what this dish was all about? I was told that they slice the meat load and then bread it with a variety of Cajun spices mixed in. Then, they throw it into the deep fryer for a while. They serve it with deep brown gravy and side dishes. It was yummy and also a bit spicy but not too much so. I so enjoy the unpretentious ambience and I love the informal, bayou atmosphere. I will be going back time and time again since the menu has many dishes I have not tried and many I would gladly try a second, third, fourth and fifth times!!!!! Services is fair but you go here for the food! Hell, I would gladly walk to the kitchen myself to get food that is this tasty!!!!!