“A little gem.”

Cajun Cafe On the Bayou
Ranked #4 of 158 Restaurants in Pinellas Park
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Opened in 1996 by Joe Thibodaux from Thibodaux Louisiana and taken over by his daughter and son in law in 2003, serving authentic Louisiana cuisine and craft beer, we have boiled crawfish when in season and we make all our food from scratch. We are open Wednesday to Sunday 11.30am to 9.00pm for last orders, closed Monday and Tuesday (cannot change the times below)
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Cajun Cafe on the Bayou doesn't catch your immedaite attention being set back from the road a little but it worth making the effort to visit. The menu is limited but this works to the Cafe's advantage as everything we had was perfectly prepared and well served. I had the Crab Cakes and my husband had the shrimp creole both were delicious. The cafe also has one of the bes craft beer menus I have ever seen in my numerous visits to the US - 12 local beers on draft and at least 50/60 bottled beer to chose from ranging from Anderson, Boonville, CA to some European choices. The staff were freindly and helpful and happy to let you know all about the cafe and what to chose to drink with your meal. Beer is definitely the right choice with their food. We sat on the outdoor terrace watching people fishing and this added to an already good experience. I would recommend this cafe.

2  Thank dorla
There are newer reviews for Cajun Cafe On the Bayou

Reviewed September 28, 2012

50 bucks for just me. Ordered Crawfish cornbread that was heated in a microwave and dry as the planet Mars. For dinner had the oyster basket with fried okra. $14. After scraping the breading off each oyster was the size of a thumbnail. 3-3 oz plastic glasses of wine $18. I would rather go to Mickey Dees!

1  Thank Susan A
Reviewed September 17, 2012

In an area with far too many "family diners" and asian restaurants everywhere you turn, it's refreshing to have something as unique, and as delicious as Cajun Cafe. I have yet to have a bad experience there, as the food and service are always great. Be prepared for food with a little bit of heat, and make sure you leave room for the whiskey bread pudding.

1  Thank coulterite
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We went here on a Saturday afternoon about 4. Only a handful of people there so we easily got to go on the patio and sit by the water. The restaurant is cool and kitchy, like a place you would really see out in the middle of nowhere. It sits pretty far off the road so alot of people probabbly pass it on by. We ordered their specialty as an appetizer, Cajum cornbread which was full of crawfish, cheese and corn. It was maybe a 4"x$" square and cost $9. A little steep. I had a shrimp po boy that copst $11 and didnt come with any sides so I ordered a cup of dirty rice wich was $6. My food was yummy but definitly not worth the $17. My firend ordered the crabcakes whcih came with a side for $16. There was large chcunks of crab but were ahred to eat because they fell apart easily. We also decided to splurge on dessert since they are know for their whiskey bread pudding. It was a large bowl for $7 and was flavorful but didnt come with the ice cream as the menu said. We were full enough so didnt push it. All in all a good experience. Just being able to sit by the water in a cool joint was worth it. We actually got to see a couple of kids catching fish from the bank on the other side. Our service was fast and our waiter was the king of upselling. Can't say as we would frequent this restaurant because of the prices, but we will be back perhaps entertaining friends or a special occasion, but $66 for lunch is a little steep. i would have rated them high had it not been for that.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I were in Pinellas Park for the day and were told about this resturant by someone we had just met. We decided to stop in and we are truly glad we did.

The staff was friendly, the food was hot and delicious. I ordered the fried Frog Legs and my husband had the Crawfish Étouffée. My Frog Legs were not greasy and very, very tasty. 3 sets were plenty. I had a taste of my husband's dish and wow, is all I can say about that. The spice, the freshness and authentic taste of the food was amazing. I will order that next time I go back. Oh and the Whiskey Bread Pudding was excellent. This coming from someone who is not a Bread Pudding fan.

Even though this is a drive from where I live, this will be a place I take family and friends when they are visiting. Worth the drive!!

Keep up the great work, because you have a Gem!! Great Job!