“Slider heaven”

Dining options: Late Night
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Slider heaven”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Hard to beat Shorty burgers with a basket of tots! Sliders are amazing with grilled onions, mustard, and pickle. I usually frequent the Gulf to Bay location, but the one in Pinellas Park is just as good. Other dishes that I've enjoyed include: Shepherd's Pie, Fish & Chips, and the ribs. Great bar and fun atmosphere. You can come here and be yourself.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Dogfather96
thomas e, Owner at Pete & Shorty's, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for the great review. I agree the sliders are my favorites.

tom@peteandshortys.com

“Good Neighborhood Value!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in on a Thurs happy hour and had two appertizers and and few beers. You must try the fried pickles! I know sounds wierd but really good as well as the artichoke and fry bread..very good. You can tell the oil they were fried in was clean and fresh. Very good and attentive staff!

• Visited June 2013
Pinellas Park, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pork Shank”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Didn't feel like cooking so tried take-out from here. The Pork Shank was flavorful and not too tough. The bone is large, though, so there is not a whole lot of meat -or maybe I just got one that had pieces fall off during cooking - I would not recommend the onion (st)rings. Mine at least, were very greasy and mushy. (I tried a few as I got in the car, so it was not due to being in the to go box). I think I would eat there if I went for the sporty atmosphere with a group of friends.

Visited February 2013
thomas e, Owner at Pete & Shorty's, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Hi Sue, Thank you for choosing us for your To Go order. I'm sorry that your onion straws were soggy. We have contemplated not offering them for To Go orders because they are really best eaten right out of the fryer. The next time you order food To Go I would suggest our tater tots or roasted red potatoes which travel very well. I would encourage you to give the onion straws another try the next time you dine in the restaurant, they are delicious when hot and crispy. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed of pork shank, it is one of my favorite dishes. If you are a fan of pork then you have found the restaurant for you. We are famous for or pork tenderloin sandwich and always have great pork specials like our pork tenderloin Florentine and our new spicy roasted pork sliders. Thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing again soon. please feel free to ask for me (Tom) or one of my assistants (Mike & Nick) the next time you are in the restaurant. We love to meet our neighbors and hopefully help turn them into new regulars.
Managing Partner
Pinellas Park, Florida
“Great local hangout”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is one of Pinellas Park's great local facilities. We love their food and their service. The drinks are good also.
Their Shorty burgers are wonderful and their specials cover a good range of variety. Easy in, easy out type place.

Visited May 2013
thomas e, Owner at Pete & Shorty's, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Hi Steve,
Thank you for the review. Reviews like yours help me to believe that we are beginning to succeed in creating an atmosphere that makes our neighbors feel welcome and comfortable.I am very glad to hear that you enjoy our shorty burgers and specials. please feel free to ask for me (Tom) or one of my assistants (Mike & Nick) the next time you are in the restaurant. We love to meet our neighbors and are proud to be a member of the Pinellas Park community.
Operating Partner
Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We visited at the end of a 12 hour drive to St. Petersburg and found the food to be wonderful and the service to be great as well. They did make a mistake on our order but the manager came out and apologized. He replaced the burger for free. I highly recommend the burgers and the french dip sandwich. Their desserts are also wonderful. I will come back here every time I visit St. Petersburg, which is once or twice a year.

This is a must stop place to eat when you are here.

• Visited May 2013