“Excellent Food and Service”
Review of Pete & Shorty's

Pete & Shorty's
Ranked #12 of 163 Restaurants in Pinellas Park
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We visited at the end of a 12 hour drive to St. Petersburg and found the food to be wonderful and the service to be great as well. They did make a mistake on our order but the manager came out and apologized. He replaced the burger for free. I highly recommend the burgers and the french dip sandwich. Their desserts are also wonderful. I will come back here every time I visit St. Petersburg, which is once or twice a year.

This is a must stop place to eat when you are here.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have been there several times and will be back many more. Definitely try the pork shank, I have recommended it to friends and they have all thanked me for it.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We ordered a pitcher of White Sangria while sitting on the front porch waiting for our food. It tasted weak, watered down. We asked the waitress to take it away and ordered other drinks. The meal was very good and the company was great. We did not ask the waitress for the sangria to be zeroed out and didn't expect it, but she did take it off the bill anyway. These days you expect to have to fight for this kind of service and we didn't want to ruin our evening. We were very pleased and will return.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I really like the little burgers. I usually take home a pizza box full to the family. Beer is always cold. As far as the rest of the food, it's good. I will stick with them little burgers and a basket of fries.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Owning a 2nd home in FL we get down South about twice a year. My husband found Pete & Shortys last year while down. We both had a delicious dinner on that evening. We wanted to go back as on that particular evening they weren't serving their pulled pork sandwich that I wanted to try. This next trip down we went on the night the pulled pork was being served. I will say when I called to find out what night the gentlemen that answered the phone was willing to put some aside if I wanted to come in on another night to try it. I thought that was very nice of him. The pulled pork sandwich was fantastic. Tender and juicy! Only thing is next time I would ask if they had a different barbeque sauce as the one served had some type of spice that was hot tasting. Would be nice if offered several types of sauce. My husband had some type of pork dish that came with mashed potatoes and gravy. He was disappointed when he tried the potatoes saying they tasted like instant. The gravy also tasted like it was from a can. Shame as their pork is so good so I am hoping they step it up a notch and use the real deal with their sides. Most likely will go back but will be careful with what we order.

thomas e, Owner at Pete & Shorty's, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Hello Missbetsy60,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry for the delay in my response. I wanted to inform you that after reading your review in February we began to offer 2 different BBQ sauce choices with our pulled pork sandwich and we have recently added it to our regular menu so it is available everyday. also we have changed the way we are making our gravy and are in the process of improving our recipe for our mashed potatoes. Thank you so much for your input & we hope to see you again soon.

Tom Edwards