“A nice change.”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Vineland, Canada
“A nice change.”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stopped in last night, looking for an interesting vegetarian meal. It was very good. A good many choices on the menu, prepared in the Vietnamese way. There were a few meat choices as well. The coconut beverage was amazing. This restaurant is probably not for everyone, but if you are looking for a nice healthy alternative with a clean pleasant setting. I would suggest you try it.

• Visited November 2012

Miami Beach
“Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant - so worth the trip!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Discovered this place tonite! So tasty, healthy & fresh! ALL vegetarian Asian cuisine! Service was friendly & fast. It was sooo worth the turnaround to go back in traffic to get to it ;} I recommend this to everyone! Look forward to trying the vegan buffet. You can go casual or more, it's a former pizza Hut location, and who cares, it's cute. We happened to be traveling back from Pinellas Trail and saw the 'vegetarian' on the sign. It's clean, so important. Lots to chose from on the menu, and when we asked for a dish not on the menu, they accommodated us ;} The spring rolls were perfectly cooked in a thin, crispy wrap, served hot. The rice is organic... Can't wait to go back and try more!~

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Brigette H
St. Pete Beach, Florida
“Good food, but don't expect much for the service.”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

As a newly-born vegetarian, I was excited to see vegetarian friendly options of my favorite Vietnamese foods. If you are unfamiliar with Vietnamese food, don't expect to learn anything here. An understanding of the cuisine is a must. The staff has very little English fluency and they are difficult to understand - this makes getting information from the staff about dishes and ingredients near impossible.

We had spring rolls (fried, but ingredients could have been taro or faux-pork; it was unclear) and fall rolls (faux chicken deep fried, with pineapples and lettuce) were both good. Not Bamboozle Cafe good, but good. The fall roll was unique and that was appreciated.

For entrees, we tried the vegetarian pho and the hue style noodle soup. Pho was as expected, but the faux meat and tofu didn't appeal to me. It came with all the fixings - thai basil, sprouts, lime, and jalapenoes. The hue style soup claimed to be spicy, but didn't seem to be all that hot. The noodles were more like spaghetti and didn't seem like traditional Vietnamese noodles. The vegetables that came with it didn't include basil leaves, but cabbage instead, which was a little disheartening.

Now to the horror that was the service. If you need to ask questions, the server may or may not be able to answer you. Attention was slow and we sat for five minutes until someone came to take our drink order. After some poor explanations for entrees, we ordered. The food came out at a good pace and was piping hot. However, there were no refills for drinks offered and our server was nowhere to be found for quite some time. There were only 3 tables seated in the entire restaurant, so business was not an issue. The server brought the bill after being flagged down and hovered for payment.

I don't think I'd return because service was so poor it left a bad taste in my mouth. I'd rather cross the bridge for Bamboozle Cafe.

1 Thank Kristina2998
Melbourne, Florida
“Me No Like”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Huge place with no customers. Server barely understandable (language barrier). My husband and I were both also unimpressed by the food. I mean, the place is okay but we won't go again.

Visited August 2012