“I am back!”
Review of Clay Oven - CLOSED

Clay Oven
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Clay Oven! Clay Oven derives its name from tandoor, which is used in traditional Punjabi/North Indian cooking and baking. Punjab is a northern state of India and is very popular for its rich food and flavours, originating from its traditional way of clay oven cooking. Food cooked in Clay Oven is authentic and emits unique aroma – a taste that is impossible to duplicate! Cooking in clay is one of the oldest techniques for cooking exotic meals. The process dates back to the early settlements of the ancient Indus Valley and Harappan Civilization.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Clay oven as promised, I did make it back this mother's day weekend. I was happy to see the Mother's day spirit at this restaurant. I was not there for the special buffet, but was able to try a couple things on Saturday. I am happy to say that their quality and quantity standards have been maintained very well. Since my last visit they have changed a few items in the menu as I noticed a few things different. This time I tried the Paneer tikka and it was outstanding with huge pieces of paneer straight from the oven. I got to tell you garlic bread lovers, if you have not tried "Garlic Naan" here you are missing out on something tasteful and heavenly. In my opinion the Garlic Naans here were the best I have ever had. I give full marks to Clay-oven for staying on top of things and making this place a must visit on every Tampa bay visit. Congratulations Clay oven, you guys rock!

1  Thank Jolly K
There are newer reviews for Clay Oven

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Excellent curries and gravies with Indian breads. The Indian breads were so fresh, fluffy and tasty ! A good Indian lunch buffet.

3  Thank Karthik R
Reviewed March 11, 2013

There are not many Indian Restaurants on TripAdvisor, Urbanspoon and Yelp with 5 or 4.5 Stars ratings in Tampa, Florida. But just by looking at these Star Ratings, it is difficult to judge their Food Quality, Customer Service, Cleanliness and Customer Feedback acceptance. So I am very particular on these things especially when I go to eat at an Indian Cuisine.

Last month I went to an Indian cuisine for dinner after reading the 4.5 Star Reviews and believe me was very disappointed after realizing that those Ratings and Reviews didn't match up at all.

One of my Friend got the Catering done by Clay Oven, Pinellas Park, for their kid's birthday party and after enjoying the food, I was so curious to know the name of the restaurant as the food was superbly delicious. My friend told me about Clay Oven and also about the Super Buffet they do sometimes and raved about their Food Quality and Customer Service and a very friendly atmosphere, that I thought of giving a shot, even though its too far from New Tampa where I live. Also, my friend told me that he once attended a birthday party in Clay Oven's Weekend Buffet and loved the food and I was shocked coz' generally the buffet quality at Indian Cuisines is not good. I know this fact as I myself is Indian, they give you best quality whatever they think is the best only in A La Carte dinner.

I went to their weekend buffet last weekend as a critic, which I am to find if they truly are good as per my friend's advice. After enjoying around 18 appetizers/entrees/Salads/Desserts and observing the whole Clay Oven Staff and how they were taking care of the customers, the whole atmosphere/experience there, talked to some of the American/Indian people there who came 4th or 5th time there, came to a conclusion that this is the only Indian Cuisine in Tampa where the owners understood the true importance of Good Food, Customer Service, Cleanliness and Customer Feedback (as I gave them some suggestions and their attitude was more that +ve and said they truly appreciate my suggestions).

And very truly they DESERVE the 5 ***** Rating and truly believe the Reviews they got from other customer are GENUINE. Also, I called my friend and thanked him for introducing me to Clay Oven and from now on Clay Oven is my Favorite Indian Cuisine and wish the Team of Clay Oven "Best of Luck"

5  Thank Arvind M
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great place to hangout with friends n family. Awesome food quality.Service was pretty good. Chicken lovers go n hit this place.Cheers

3  Thank Madhav8330
Reviewed March 4, 2013

hi guyss . i had a party in this restaurant with my friends and i cudnt just resist the urge to write a review here because of the ambience and the service,it was just too good. as for the food i am a butter sauce fan, the two chicken recipes made from this sauce are butter chicken and the chicken tikka masala and i would say undoubtdly that it was one of my best experience to taste these items since i had them back in india. It was niether too salty, spicy or sweet but was perfect as i can tell with my experience in tasting good foods of all kinds and cooking too. same goes with the recipes like lamb madaras and lamb saag.. all well cooked with lot to taste. and for tandoori chicken i wont just but i will surely compare there cooking in tandoor with one of the bests in north india such as beera chicken in amritsar and atta chicken in kotkapura both of which were highlighted in NDTV good times in the show highway on my plate and i must say that clay oven has matched upto the quality. as for vegetarian i havent got the chance to taste much except dal makhani and it was simply great too. thanks for the good food clay oven and i am looking forward to try your other vegetarian and fish recipes too :) and oh i loved the lacha parantha and the garlic naan.. :D

4  Thank Ripudaman Singh R