“Better than expected!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to The Egg Platter, but definitely not my last. I was quite pleased. I went mid - morning on a Sunday to find the place pretty busy, which I expected. What I didn't expect was the pleasant greeting I received and the quick service. The staff I interacted with were all friendly and helped make my experience more enjoyable. My breakfast of biscuits and gravy with 2 eggs over medium was presented quickly and prepared correctly. Coffee was fresh and my cup was never empty. The restaurant was clean, well lit, with plenty of room to navigate between tables. I looked at the entire menu and saw a wide variety of offerings, which looks promising especially since they are open around the clock. The pricing is comenserate with the atmosphere, which is family friendly and comfortable.

There are newer reviews for Egg Platter

Reviewed February 23, 2014

The Egg Platter is in the place of a great BBQ restaurant that we used to frequent many years ago before moving to Fort Lauderdale. We are now in the process of moving back permanently and had always wanted to try the Egg Platter. I did today.

Their breakfast menu is not as innovative as other places that have things like breakfast skillets. In this day of health consciousness, no skim milk available.

I asked my server for well done, crispy home fries which they were not. Heard a lady at the table next to me complain about the same thing so either the server doesn't communicate it to the cooks or the cooks don't pay attention.

Service seemed rushed and can't say the food was bad but can't say it was good either. Eating out should be something special so I wouldn't return here. There are a lot better places to choose from in St. Pete like Kissin Cuzzins or Skyway Café.

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Great food at really good prices
We have been there a lot of times and never really had a complaint.
When we come back from Disney we always go to the Egg Platter.
You won't go wrong with this place and you won't leave hungry that's for sure

Reviewed August 4, 2013

If you are looking for a great place for either breakfast, lunch or dinner, the Egg Platter on Highway 19 is the place. After shopping at the mall, up the street is the Egg Platter. Today we stopped for lunch. Breakfast was the talk at the table, so 3 of us ordered breakfast. One had the chicken fried steak with homefries, eggs, toast...gone empty plate here. One had 2 eggs, sausage, homefries and bisquit...gone empty plate once again. I had the waffle with 2 eggs, it came sprinkled with powdered sugar, asked for strawberries for topping, it was right at the table. Our last order was the Subwich, a full meat packed sub with homefries on the side. As you can read...the homefries are excellent. Our waitress was friendly. The food came out quick. You wait to be seated. There are booths and tables, excellent for handicapped or wheelchair. When we first moved to this area, we had just gotten done moving everything in, putting things away, it was almost 11 at night. We got into the car, not knowing the area, we ended up at the Egg Platter. Food that night was great, service was outstanding....nothing has changed. If you are hungry, stop and eat at the Egg Platter. Enjoy.....

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Tried this place a couple times this week. We were very pleased both times. Wife and I have tried the chicken fried chicken with gravy, really good flavors. She also had and omelet, and I tried the short stack pancakes with sausage. The food has been really good, the portions large. the restaurant is open 24 hours so you can stop anytime. The staff is very friendly. We are going to try lunch or dinner next time, I am sure we won't be disappointed.

1  Thank taboosdaddy