“Average at best”

Jessi's Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 157 Restaurants in Pinellas Park
Cuisines: American, Soups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Jessi's is widely known for the quality and variety of our kitchen's made-from-scratch dishes. Lasagna, Mamma's Bread, and many more have built Jessi's reputation. Only the best ingredients go into our high-quality dishes.
Upstate NY
“Average at best”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

we tried Jessi's Saturday morning. The place was not overly crowded and was on the way to where we were going. The breakfast menu is large, assorted omelets, cream beef on toast, etc. My wife ordered the Jessi omelet and I tried the torn between the eggs benedict and biscuits and gravy. The waitress recommended the eggs benedict, said a lot of people like it. I figured why not.
My wife enjoyed her omelet, said it was very good. I though was sadly disappointed in the eggs benedict. The sauce was not bad, the meat could have been better. The poached eggs were way over cooked, the yolks solid. Not the way poached eggs should be at all. The waitress came around to see how everything was, I asked if she wanted the truth and she said yes. I pointed out the eggs so that she could see that they were over cooked. She said usually the cook does a good job with them and that the yolks are not hard. She did offer to get me two more but as anyone knows you do not complaint about something and then trust the cook to get it right. I told her no and left it at that. As I said it was like the place was super crowded, there should have been time for the kitchen staff to be able to prepare the meal correctly. Not somewhere I would recommend to friends or family with a good heart. I passed it by and try another place.

• Visited June 2013

St. Petersburg, Florida
“A great breakfast with homemade bread”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We started going to Jessi's for breakfast a few months ago and couldnt be happier. The service is great and you never have an empty glass. The food is standard breakfast food but made with care you can tell. Order the homemade bread and you will not be happier!!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank cbarilla
Melbourne, Florida
“Nothing to Write Home About”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I went in for dinner on a Friday night. We were the only ones for about a half hour after which four other groups arrived. There is a large one room seating area. The staff was friendly and fast. This is not upscale at all as far as decor, staff, menu, furniture. The menu was large and they have a board with specials listed. We got one of the other specials since the one we chose they didn't have. Disappointing. We both had steak but it was full of gristle. My baked potato wasn't fully cooked. The salad was so-so. The dinner was $11.95 which is about what you'd pay at a higher quality restaurant like Logan's. I wouldn't go again but now when I drive by at least I know what it is. I always wondered.

• Visited February 2013
St Pete FL
“Cute little local place”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We went here for breakfast on sunday morning. Staff was friendly and sat us immediately. Their homemade bread was awesome and delicious.....great for sopping up my egg yolks! Bacon was crispy, grits were hot. Coffee was okay...a little weak for me but overall, it came out fast and hot and prices were cheap! Menu looked more Greek than italian as the previous review stated.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank MustLoveCats03
Toronto, Canada
“Great little family diner that you'll leave satisfied”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

What a stoke of luck it was to find this little gem. We had just mentioned lunch when out of the blue we passed Jessi's. A quick u-turn and we were in. We were greeted by a lovely waitress who looked after us like family and recommended specials that she pointed out as "Very special". And the prices!! Any cheaper and they'd be free. Food quality was great and the place is clean and beautifully decorated in a European style.

• Visited February 2012