“Pizza, Pasta, and Salad. Oh, My!”
Review of Pazza Bistro - CLOSED

Pazza Bistro
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Benvenuto to Pazza Bistro! Enjoy fresh, casual, Italian food like you never have before. At Pazza Bistro, we make our own pasta, from scratch daily. Our thin crust pizza is cooked to order in our brick oven, to give it a crisp, delicious flavor. All the sauces, dough, salads, and salad dressings are created by our Chefs every day, in house. We never use frozen ingredients, and we don't even own a microwave! With great ingredients like this, it is no wonder we are able to offer so many entrees under 500 calories! Come see for yourself, have a seat at our open kitchen. Watch our Chefs create amazing Italian food, using family recipes with a modern twist. Pazza Bistro is fresh, casual, Italian.
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Basically, that’s all they serve. But all is a relative term. So is basically. There’s really nothing basic about it. All the pastas, sauces, and salad dressings are freshly made. And you have a myriad of mix-and-match options across the board.

Originally from Gainesville, the owners of Pazza Bistro moved to Pinellas Park about a year and a half ago, to a prime location right next to the 127-plex theater just south of Gandy on Route 19. And the establishment is perfect for getting a quick meal before or after the show. Service is as unique as the food. You order at the counter when you enter, pick a table, and your food is brought to you when it’s ready.

We were invited to participate in a tasting. This provided the perfect opportunity to sample a variety of the food offered. We were greeted at the door by Vanessa, who owns the restaurant with her husband and another couple. Marc, who hails from Monaco and is another owner, was our chef.

We started with the “Cheesy Bread.” Like a pizza that’s risen, it’s softer than a flatbread but definitely not a roll. Our salads were spinach with cranberries and pecans and a garden salad with Cajun style spicy chicken. My only complaint would be that the spinach had the stems attached. I prefer to have them removed. We had choices of a creamy Caesar dressing and a spicy Vinaigrette. Both excellent.

The pizza is thin crust, baked in a wood-fired oven. You choose your sauce and toppings. We had a four cheese pie with goat cheese, a spicy chicken-topped pie that almost tasted like a Buffalo sauce, and pomodoro sauce with diced tomatoes and basil. On to the pasta. We had farfalle, one dish with lobster and shrimp in Alfredo sauce; pesto, which is mixed with Alfredo, which gives it a nice parmesan flavor; and the Bolognese, mixed with beef and pork, was excellent. Vanessa forced us to try their signature dessert, a thin crust topped with Nutella and powdered sugar, and we also enjoyed some Tiramisu, which was creamy-tasting and light as air.

Oh, and you have the option of ordering THE INFERNO. It’s hot. Very hot. And if you finish it, you’ll be immortalized on The Wall of Flame.

Both Vanessa and Marc are enthusiastic and proud of their accomplishment, and they have every right to be. Every item that we were served was excellent. By the end of our meal I felt like we had made two new friends.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Olive Garden needs to be on high alert! Piazza Bistro has high quality Italian food at family friendly price a and two portion size options. They offer a variety of pasta types of which four are homemade. Their spaghetti Carbonarra is some of the best I have had. Their red sauce is not the best I have had but it is still decent. They have a variety of pizzas including the more gourmet styles and white pizza. Their crusts are great and one pizza is plenty to share with someone else. Pizzas come with salads and their house Balsamic dressing is superb. They use Romaine lettuce, not iceberg, and I find myself craving their salads. I love that you can order pasta dishes I two portion sizes. The small Carbonnera dish is plenty filling. It comes with a slice of a garlic toast on an artisan style bread. The small portion is around $8. It is counter ordering and they deliver the food to your table. They have indoor and outdoor seating but the outdoor seating is on the sidewalk overlooking a huge parking lot. While Olive Garden has nicer atmosphere, I think the food here is a better quality. I do wish salad came with all the pasta dishes instead of ordering it a la carte, but even then, the price is still around $10 for a good meal.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I had a Groupon expiring this month so decided to go to this restaurant for lunch. Hobby ordered a Hawaiian pizza for $9 and couldn't finish it. Said the crust was the best he's ever tasted. It came with a big yummy salad that was excellent. I had the pesto spaghetti that came with a great piece of garlic bread. Although I'm small eater I ordered the large so I could heat it up for lunch during the week. The young woman behind the counter who took our order was not a plus or a minus. Like the videos that show making the pizzas with all fresh ingredients. The brick oven looks really cool.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

The pizza was incredible and the people and atmosphere were great. We had a very enjoyable meal and all four of us left stuffed and smiling! We took a chance and bought a Groupon to this restaurant and were very surprised at how wonderful it was!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I ordered the carbonara this time. My friend ordered pizza. I think they had either let my order sit or I got the end of the pot because rather than having a saucy consistency, it was a gloppy pile in the dish. I love carbonara and this was a disappointment.

1  Thank celtlassie