“not worth time nor cost”

Da Sesto Italiano Ristorante e Vino
Ranked #1 of 163 Restaurants in Pinellas Park
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: The most authentic Italian Restaurant . Fresh Pasta !Welcome!At Da Sesto Italiano Ristorante e Vino, we pride ourselves on serving you the finest and freshest pasta made for us by the Florida Pasta Company, which we have owned and operated for over fifteen years. Many of our dishes incorporate a touch of flavor from the Marche Region of Italy. Our goal is to combine flavors that will introduce you to the finer cuisine of a true Italian experience. We offer an extensive variety of of fine wines and fine liquors to complement your meal. Catering service is available. We are closed Sunday's but the restaurant is available for private parties and catering. Da Sesto is an Italian trattoria style restaurant so expect lots of people in a fun atmosphere. Live music on Thursday, Friday, Saturday. We strongly recommend reservations. If you don't like crowds we suggest you come in the beginning of the week.
Reviewed August 15, 2012

have been here before and enjoyed. Tonight, we thought we'd treat our daughter (who is visiting from out of state). I cannot emphasize how DISAPPOINTED I was.....
Apps were good; service seemed good at first. When dinner dishes were served, it was by a different server and only three of us were served. Server never noticed/mentioned that one of us was not eating (I had ordered). I waited five full minutes--no one came over---and had to call someone over to say: "I prefer to eat at the same time as my family". My order was never done by chef... and when it finally came, it was steaming hot but greasy, oily, and virtually tasteless. Server "gave" us 4 mini-canollis to take home. SORRY: not enough. The poor service & quality of meal was a HUGE disappointment.... kinda ruined our night together. Will NOT come again. OH! 2 servers, one person to seat parties; and they were not busy. Only 4 tables occupied when we arrived, six when we left.

2  Thank DaveS277
Sesto R, Owner at Da Sesto Italiano Ristorante e Vino, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear dave
I have sent you an acknowledgement of you review and have offered you a gift certificate to come back to the Da Sesto you have enjoyed many times before. I have spoken with my staff and have made make sure we do not repeat this lack of service in the future. I hope that we see you soon at Da sesto. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and letting us know our shortcomings. Sesto

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Our party of 10, one being a 14 month old, went early on a week night. The service was excellent. I believe our server was named Dave or David. I'm thinking he was the owner or manager possibly. The pasta is homemade which was wonderful. Everyone in our party loved their dinners, and only 2 of the 10 had the same entree; so we covered quite a few of the menu selections. We felt the prices were reasonable and the food quality excellent. The menu offers a big selection making it difficult to choose but giving us another reason, besides the excellent service, to return. The restaurant is small and probably gets busy on certain days and times; I suggest you go early. We will definitely visit this restaurant on our next visit to the area.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I have now eaten here twice and loved it both times. I had a quiet lunch with some friends. I had the Mussels, asked for a lunch portion instead of an appetizer. They were very yummy. The service was great. The next time I came, my family took me out for the Saturday before Mother's Day. So the place was packed and yes the food came out kinda slow, but if I wanted fast I could have gone elsewhere; good is sometimes worth waiting for. Mama gets her way on Mother's Day!!! Two of us had the "Special" ravioli in a pink sauce. I had a mix of veal, pancetta and other stuff in a pouch with red sauce on top.. My husband had the chicken in sauce. Our appetizer was the calamari. All of the food was super tasty. I gotta say, that I love his red sauce, not raw tasting, but not over cooked either, it's just right. We will definitely come back for more!

Reviewed May 12, 2012

We decided to try this place because of all the reviews we had heard. Really disapointed! There are so man great Italian resturants in the bay area this one should not even make the list. Place was so crowded that even hearing the waiter was a chore let alone having a conversation at your table. The wait for our order was extremely long (over 1 hour) and we never did receive our salads. The food was not at all tasty and had a very strange smell. We took a few bites and asked for our check. I can't see anything to recommend about this place except maybe the feeling of freedom when outside.

2  Thank Ralph G
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Tucked away in a small strip mall Da Sesto's Italian is a definitely must go if you like authentic Italian in a small, casual setting. The menu is quite varied and the staff very attentive. After ordering, only a short wait until the food started arriving. Quality was excellent and the sauces delicious and not overly "oily". The place is small, so noise is somewhat of an issue and add a singing guitar player (who was very good) and it was a bit hard to carry on a conversation. Not a deal breaker to me, but prevented me from giving 5 stars. I do, however, definitely recommend this restaurant. With be going again when in Pinellas Park