“Delicious great price great food.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Terra Mar Brazilian Steakhouse
Ranked #19 of 155 Restaurants in Pinellas Park
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse, Latin, Spanish, Portuguese, South American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious great price great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Food is delicious. Just like Texas Dr Brazil but so much better price. Staff very friendly. Kid friendly place. So much food. Buffett had delicious Yuka, plantain, polenta, rice and red beans. Very much authentic south American food.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank travel1006

Indian Shores, Florida
“A Churrascaria On 49th”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

If you have ever dined at the now closed Boizao or the still cooking Texas de Brazil here in Tampa, then you have been to a churrascaria (pronounced shoo-HOSS-ka-REE-ah), a place where meat is cooked in Churrasco style, which translates roughly from the Portuguese for 'barbecue'.

In either of these two all-you-can-eat steakhouses you have probably paid around $45 per person to pig out on some really gut-busting meat. Last night my Bride and I made the trek across Gandy Bridge to Pinellas Park to try a churrascaria I had just recently discovered while surfing on Urbanspoon.

Picanha
The one thing that really piqued my interest were the prices at the Terra Mar Brazilian Steakhouse. Holy picanha Bat Man, All You Can Eat Buffet - plus Rotisserie Grill for just $19.99. That sounded great to me, so we fought rush hour traffic on Gandy Boulevard and arrived at Terra Mar around six.

We were immediately greeted at the door and guided to our choice of tables in a rather minimalistic dining room. Terra Mar is far from fancy, but we were there for the food, not the decor. Oh, yeah, and all the meat we could eat for about $25 less than we would have paid at Texas de Brazil or Boizao.

To wash away the road dust from our trip, my Bride requested a half bottle of a delightful Portuguese red, the Monte Velho. This wine exhibited a bright crimson color with a fresh, lively nose of cherry-berry fruit with hints of pepper and creamy-coffee.

I was intrigued by the Portuguese and Brazilian beer selection. I couldn't decide on just one, so over the course of the evening I tried one of each.

The Sagres Cerveja is a American adjunct lager style beer brewed by Sociedade Central de Cervejas in Vialonga, Portugal. It was light and flavorful, but the real winner for me was the Brazilian Xingu, a good, easy drinking dark beer that was much lighter than, say a Guinness Stout.

Our server offered us two choices for dinner, the Rodizio for $19.99 or the Prime Rodizio for $24. Said he, this up-charge gives the diner a better meat selection. My dining partner chose the regular and I decided on the prime.

Th difference between the regular and the prime was four dollars and a penny, and that was absolutely the only difference I could discern. Both of us sampled the rather pedestrian choices from the hot and cold buffet tables, and we both received the same meats from the server with the meat machete. He didn't seem to know or care which one of us was prime. Also, an adjacent table got the same selection of meats that I was offered. Save your $4.01.

The meats that were presented were savory enough, but some were raw and some were way over cooked. There was a toughness and chewiness in some of the meats that I don't remember from Texas de Brazil or Boizao, but then again, I wasn't paying $45 either.

While Terra Mar did not compare with Texas de Brazil on several levels, neither of us walked out hungry. Actually, stuffed would be a better description. Our total bill, with all food and drink plus a 20% gratuity came to $88.80. For that price and the quality of service we received from the friendly staff, I could envision a return one day.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jon R
Clearwater, Florida
“It was just okay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

While their Salad Bar and seafood stew is wonderful, the meat and desserts are not! Extremely salty meat and less-than-tender cuts. The dessert which I ordered, a coconut flan, was ruined by the waitress taking a Tupperware container of stewed prunes out of the fridge and pouring them over it! Totally ruined the taste of the flan which shoud have had fresh berries or something to enhance the flavor accompanying it. The waitstaff is friendly and very accommodating. Drinks are expensive, but that was expected. If they would cut down on the salt and give a larger variety of desserts I may go back. But for now, the meat was underwhelming.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lebanon, New Jersey
“Reasonably Priced for meat lovers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

A casual place with friendly service. The buffet was so so but the unending delivery of homemade sausage, pork ribs, sirloin, barbecue pork and skewered steak were all good. At a price for seniors of $12.99 it is a bargain.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank bob_mason
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Why pay more?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Terra Mar Brazilian Steak House is the best value I've ever seen for an all-you-can-eat steak house. True, the décor isn't anything to write home about, but who cares when the food and service are so stellar? And all for about half the cost of those really fancy Brazilian steak houses elsewhere. The buffet has soups, various salads, assorted vegetables and potatoes, rolls, etc. But make sure you don't load up too much on the buffet, because you'll want to leave plenty of room for the abundance and variety of meats that are brought to your table.

Oh, and make sure that you have room for the passion fruit mousse - a dessert to die for!

• Visited January 2014