“Wait for the sirloin!”

terra mar brazilian steakhouse inc
Ranked #16 of 166 Restaurants in Pinellas Park
Cuisines: Brazilian, Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Terra Mar Steakhouse is owned and operated by the Ferreira family. Geraldo and his wife Marlete are originally from Brazil and have been in the restaurant business since 1999. Terra Mar is an authentic Brazilian “Churascaria”, or steakhouse. We have a fresh salad bar with over 8 different types of salads. We serve over 10 different types of meat from our wood fire grill straight to your table! Brazilian sausage, lamb, top sirloin, rib eye, garlic steak, and bacon wrapped chicken just to name a few, are accompanied by traditional hot sides. Keep the wood block on your table green side up and we will keep it coming! End your visit with one of our homemade decadent desserts, regulars favorite is the flan!
Reviewed January 20, 2013

When we have the urge to eat as much well seasoned grilled meat and sides, we head to Terra Mar. The service is excellent and very personalized; the buffet of salads, soup, rice dishes, potatoes and amazing vegetable dishes looks small but is filled with tasty side dishes. Try their home made sangria for a taste treat.

However, the real star of the meal is the meat. Home made sausage, chicken, lamb, pork and the BEEF. Most recently our meal started with bacon wrapped filet, then shish kabob with beef, onion and pepper, sausage, drum sticks, garlic steak and then I waited. I never leave until the Sirloin is brought out. The waitress asked if there was anything I needed and my husband told her I was waiting for the sirloin. She went back to the kitchen and let them know it was being waited for, and we needed medium rare. Less than a minute later there he was with meat on sword and knife in hand smiling and making certain I got the cut I wanted, two delicious slices, cooked perfectly, seasoned deliciously, a small amount of crunchy fat.

Once again I left with a smile on my face and a fully stomach.

Make certain to make a reservation if you are going to want to be seated after 6. Get there by 5:30 and you may be the only ones in the restaurant.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have been dining at this restaurant for a few years now and I think it has changed management and owners at least twice that I know of. The current management/owners have made some minor improvements including creating a hostess/checkout stand after closing one of the doors (this place is located in a strip mall and occupies a couple of suites) adding a couple of flatscreen TVs (for the solo diner but unfortunately the close captioning is not turned on the muted TVs) and keeping the floors clean but overall the decor of this place is not a draw at all. In fact, if I was to give a rating on the decor alone this place would fail miserably achieving quite possibly the lowest rating I could give. But fortunately for you my readers this is not why I highly recommend this place.

First let's talk about pricing and value. On their website and throughout the Bay Area located in the free coupon mags you will find a coupon for this place which gives you two dollars off the standard price of $19.95. This makes it basically an all-you-can-eat joint for $18 so fairly decent there. It used to ring in at $14 which was a tremendous deal but several years have passed and the buffet items, which are your side items to the meat, have been upgraded slightly as well.

Next I would like to describe to you the buffet. It is a smaller two section buffet containing both hot and cold items. On the right you can get soups, and various salad items. Highlights include the tabbouleh and the tomatoes. The tabbouleh is perfectly prepared with just the right amount of vinaigrette and mint. The tomatoes are beefsteak tomatoes cut into large wedges and I choose the creamy ranch dressing. On the hot side they always have white and yellow rice, black beans, a layered dish of ground sirloin eggplant and topped with a cream sauce and plantains. All of which are delicious. Also included on my last visit was largely sliced zucchini and squash cooked with onion. As good as these items are in my opinion I consider them a prelude to what is really the draw of this place and that is the meat.

Like most Brazilian steakhouses the meat is brought to your table and sliced or served to you by the cook, is served from a rotisserie and it is a wide variety of meats including chicken, pork, lamb and steak. The similarities end there. As any good grill master will tell you, wood trumps gas all day long. This really brings out the flavor in the meat. I find it truly been delightful to be surprised each and every time I come to this restaurant with a different flavored meat. On this occasion, it was a Parmesan crusted pork loin that garnished my attention twice. It was tender, juicy, and incredibly flavorful with hints of smoke from the wood and just enough Parmesan. In the beef department, I have seen filet, prime rib and top sirloin served and most of the time, the top sirloin is actually better than the filet. The Prime rib is always juicy and tender. The filet is typically overcooked and is sometimes wrapped in bacon which I find to be incredibly salty. The chicken is usually little drumsticks which are fairly thick in size and moist and flavorful. My wife tells me the lamb is always truly nice although this can be overcooked sometimes, you do have the option to tell the cook how you would like it to be prepared however, which is a nice touch. They also have a homemade sausage which can be paired with some sort of mustard sauce you can find on your table. The sauce serves as an incredibly wonderful addition to the flavors of the sausage. It is a mild sausage and the sauce really helps spike it up.

For beverages, they serve Pepsi products, a few beers and some wine but the highlight is truly their sangria. I must be forthright in telling you that I typically don't like sangria at all and I've had sangria from a variety of restaurants and never found it to be all that spectacular. Mostly I find that restaurants don't steep the fruit long enough and the bitterness of the dry red wine leaves me disappointed most of the time. This is not the case at TerraMar, It is homemade and it tastes simply wonderful. It is priced at $18 a pitcher or $5.25 a glass, the pitcher is the better value and you will thank me that you ordered more. The fruit for the sangria is perfectly minced into small pieces and you can tell by the color of the fruit that is been saturated in the wine for quite some time. Detecting notes of apple, pear, and cherry it's truly a delight. Warning, you will drink more than you think and eating the fruit in this case, will definitely affect you and your inability to eat more meat, which from a man’s standpoint is a real drag.

Taking everything into consideration I still rate this place as above average. It's affordable, and with some of the highlights on the buffet and some of the meats being truly delicious it stands above other restaurants in the same pricing category. As I discussed it would really be nice to have a little bit better lighting and some upgraded decor as well as comfortable chairs and tables to match, to add to the atmosphere. I have dined here as a couple and this last time in a large party of 12 and each and every time I feel like the service has been perfect, bringing the atmosphere on par with the food and service would really make this restaurant stand out.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you are a meat-eater look no futher than Terraa Mar Brazilian Steakhouse. During the week they serve six kinds of meat including: chicken, garlic steak, home-made sausage, prime rib, fillet mengion, and pork. There is also a salad bar, hot veggies bar with wonderful plantains and unbelievable soups. The prices are reasonable for such a complete meal. Tuesdays thrus Thursdays are the best days to go to avoid long waiting times on Friday and Saturday unless you get there early. The service is excellent, you are never rushed and your drink glass will never be empty.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

If you are hungry, this is the place to go for really, really, good food. We were driving by and saw Terraa Mar Brazilian Steakhouse and decided to stop in. This is a buffet style meal. I don't know if the foods are authentic Brazilian foods, but I can say I did not eat a bad thing on the buffet. My favorites were the noodles in white sauce with olives and the eggplant and ground beef smothered in cheese. The veggies were also awesome.

The best part is the meat. The chef came to our table about six times offering us various sausage, pork, chicken, and steak selections that we're cooked to perfection. The sausage was suprisingly my favorite, but the pork was a close second. (FYI - I am not a big steak eater, but I would eat it more if it was cooked the way this was tonight). The decor is a little dated, but the restaurant is very clean. The service is top notch. I definitely recommend this place and will visit again.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We went there with a Living Social deal and were very happy. It is not as great as Texas de Brazil, but doe less than half the price it was quite good.