Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pinellas Park
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I paid $72/night for 2 night stay. Hotel staff was wonderful at check-in, provided an upgrade to a suite while friendly and efficient. The decor and lobby area was very pleasant. The room was spacious and comfortable with microwave and fridge. Flat screen TV with 60 channels including HBOs.Bathroom was clean and had a very new feel. Beds were comfortable, soft with feather pillows. Free wireles. For business it was top notch. For a family vacation I would want to be on the beach for for the price this hotel is great value.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed May 21, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for one night. I booked here based on other reviewer's ratings, and it's close proximity to where I needed to go to in Saint Pete. Also, it was a very short drive from the Tampa Airport.
After landing early, I called hotel to see if our Junior Suite was ready. It was not; but the manager said it would be ready for us within the hour. By the time we stopped for lunch and arrived at the hotel, the room was indeed ready for us to check in. Check in was very smoothe. The manager noticed that I asked for a high floor and my room was to be away from elevator and vending. It was nice to see a hotel read the "notes" I marked on my booking as some chains do not. We were given a room on the top floor and no where near the elevator and vending.
Room was nice. The sitting area in the Junior Suite with TV is separate from bedroom area. That works out well when one is trying to get a 4 yr old to get to sleep. KIng bed was spacious for 2 adults and child to share.
The only two major complaints I have is the central air unit in the bedroom was loud! Not loud enough to keep you up, but loud enough for you to really take notice. The second complaint is that that you can hear other guests through the fan vent in the bathroom as clear as day. If you can hear them - they can hear you!
Hotel is on busy street across from WalMart Super Center. We heard sirens go by on two seperate occasions. Plenty of places to eat nearby.
Decent breakfast served in the morning with a good variety of food.
All in all, I nice place to stay and would stay here again if only coming for a night. Any longer stay and I would recommend driving a few minutes further and stay on the beach.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank CTSoxFan
hotelinnstpetersbugf, Webmaster at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Petersburg - Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Country Inn and Suites Pinellas Park. I am glad that you found it a nice place to stay. I am pleased that the notes made on your reservation were heeded. I would have expected nothing less, but it is always nice to hear.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) Management was notified of the nice things you said about them.

2) Breakfast staff was notified of the nice things you said about them.

3) Maintenance was informed of what you reported concerning the air unit and the fan vent in the bathroom and instructed to see if these problems could be eliminated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Country Inn and Suites Pinellas Park. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed April 25, 2010

We had an enjoyable time at your hotel. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful. the beds were very comfortable and the rooms very clean and updated. Great breakfast we used the fitness center and the pool. Would definately stay here again.

Reviewed March 27, 2010

I decided to book at this hotel after reading the reviews.

We called the hotel ahead of time to let them know we were going to be arriving between 10-11pm to ensure our room was held. When we arrived they gave us room 103. It was on the first floor around the corner from the lobby, elevator and staff laundry room. There was no carpet outside the room instead laminet flooring. This was a horrible location. I got no sleep that night and went out asking to be switched around 1am to another room the next day since you could hear everyone coming in and out of the hotel. Around 6:30am again you could hear people talking and walking past the room to go for the breakfast.

We came by the front desk around 11am since I was told that was when they could switch our rooms but was then told they couldn't switch rooms until later in the day even though I told them I didn't care if the room hadn't been cleaned yet. So we returned later that day and got room 421. Much better location although the bathtub had the same issue as the other room (black mold) around the caulking of the wall/tub.

The toilet plugged up and when I called for maintenance they had no one available and didn't deliver a plunger to my room. They had me come down to get it myself, not impressed.

Just as I was falling asleep a loud group of drunks in the next room awoke me. Around 12:45am they decided to go outside into the hallway with their drinks and talk which was even worse.

We headed out for the day and when we returned around 10pm our room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk to let them know and they said they would make sure it was cleaned the next day which didn't matter cause we were going to be checking out. They didn't even offer to bring us any clean towels.

Woke up to have breakfast and headed down at 9:30am only to find out the breakfast was over. When we checked in we were told the breakfast was until 10:30am and it was printed on our key card as well. I spoke with the front desk again and they did nothing.

Overall I would never recommend this place. I filled out a survey to let them know about my horrible stay and they did nothing to compensate me.

2  Thank jenlscott

Dear Guest,

1) Staff members whose work schedules require their arriving during early or very late hours were reminded to keep in mind that some of our valued guests would be sleeping and to conduct themselves with them in mind.

2) Maintenance was instructed to check the toilet in the room assigned to you and make sure it is working properly.

3) Management received additional training regarding their responsibility to maintain the level of courtesy towards our valued guests required of them as our employees. They also were reminded of their responsibility to see that our valued guests remember to be courteous to their fellow guests.

3) Breakfast staff received additional training in being sure that the breakfast is available during the hours advertised.

I hope that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at Country Inn and Suites Pinellas Park. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed March 10, 2010

This is a jewel of a hotel. The hotel staff are warm and friendly. The rooms are big and beautiful. They have a great free breakfast too. WE have stayed there before and would go back anytime we are in the area.

1  Thank Seymour E
Reviewed March 8, 2010

I just returned from a long weekend in Pinellas Park. I took my kids to baseball spring training, and chose this hotel because of its convenient location and the excellent reviews it had received. I was not disappointed, but do not think it deserves 5 stars. It is a basic, no-frills hotel similar to the Residence Inn. The rooms were very clean--the maids did an excellent job. Another plus was the flat screen TV, with numerous channels. The breakfast was okay, but the dining room very small--we had to eat in the lobby a couple of days. Also, by the time we arrived for breakfast at 8, the hotel was already out of newspapers. The pool is also small, and located on the edge of the parking lot.

This is a comfortable, reasonably priced hotel. It is conveniently located on Route 19, overlooking a pizza parlor that has moved and a pool equipment store. Hotel staff were quite friendly. We were not disappointed by the hotel. Would we stay here again? Probably, though we might look for a hotel in a nicer neighborhood.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank balibeachboy

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Country Inn and Suites Pinellas Park for your recent stay in our area. I am glad you found the location to be a convenient one for you and I hope that you and your kids enjoyed the baseball spring training.

Thank you for the nice compliments paid to our staff. I would have expected nothing less of them, but it is always nice to hear.

1) Staff members were notified of the nice things you said about them.

2) Breakfast staff was approached about the possibility of carrying a larger supply of newspapers.

Reviewed February 23, 2010

My family stayed here last August (2009) so thi is a way delayed review! The price was right, the location awesomely close to my brother & his wife's home, unlimited shopping, places to eat. Very close to the beach (short drive.) The breakfast hostess was so sweet. The front desk was attentive and friendly and caring. We found an injured bird (see pics - we named him Charlie!) and the one employee took it to the bird santuary. That was the same care that was given while performing her duties to make sure guests at this hotel experienced a great stay. We are going back again this summer...I can't wait!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Sleep Inn
#40 of 98 in Clearwater
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clearwater South
Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast - Gateway
Comfort Inn & Suites Northeast -...
#15 of 43 in St. Petersburg

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Petersburg - Clearwater? Share your experiences!