“Wasn't What I Thought”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Spring Hill, Florida
“Wasn't What I Thought”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I recently stayed at the Country Inn and Suites for my daughters Dance Competition in town...The Service Was Fantastic...But Breakfast Was Not What They Say On The Website!!

I booked this hotel because it said it offered HOT Breakfast...We went down for breakfast at 8:00 and they were out of biscuits and put tortilla shells out in place of it...THERE WERE NO EGGS!!!
When I asked about the biscuits at 8:00, they were not going to put anymore out!!!
When asked about the eggs....The lady said they ONLY SERVE EGGS ON CERTAIN DAYS!! WHAT??? I thought Eggs was ONE OF THE MAIN ITEMS OF HOT BREAKFAST!!

I would NOT STAY HERE AGAIN!!!
The Pool Was SMALLER than the one at my house???

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
sales16, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Petersburg - Clearwater, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We are working diligently to correct these issues and I appreciate that you brought them to my attention. We serve a daily hot breakfast where the three hot items are different on a daily basis and the eggs being one of those. As a gesture of good will, we would like to offer a complimentary upgrade based upon availability on your next stay. Please contact me when you are ready to make another reservation.

Please accept our apology and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please contact me directly at the phone number listed below.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Whenever I travel now, I look for a Country Inn & Suites first. I never have been to a bad one. My husband and I took a trip to Florida for spring training. This hotel is centrally located to the three ballparks we were going to visit--the Phillies in Clearwater, the Toronto Blue Jays in Dunedin, and the Yankees at Steinbrenner Field in Tampa. (The last one is a bit of a long drive through heavy traffic over Tampa Bay, but still very doable.)
The usual amenities that I have come to take for granted from Country Inn & Suites were all here. The welcoming lobby with books one can borrow, the convenient business center, and the friendly and efficient staff were just as I expected from this brand. We had a large room with microwave and refrigerator which served us well as we stayed here four nights. Maid service was excellent. The large flat-screen TV had a beautiful picture although operating the remote for it was somewhat challenging. (What channel one landed on was always somewhat of a surprise. And we couldn't find a TV channel listing anywhere in the room. I'm sure we could have asked for one, but we were gone most of the day anyway and I just never got around to it.)
There are tons of eating places nearby from fast-food to local beaneries to high-end, special night out establishments. A Wal-Mart was right across the street and the gas station in front of it had the cheapest gas in the area. (Believe me, we did a thorough investigation.) The only downside to this hotel's location is that getting in and out of it always seemed to require a U-turn. But then, that's Florida.
An added bonus to this hotel was not only that the staff was so friendly, but the guests were also! Maybe it's just a spring training thing (because many of the hotel's guests were there for the same reason we were) but we had great conversations at breakfast with lots of people we had never met before. In fact, one of the couples had seats right behind us at the Phillies game (the ballpark seats over 6,000 people) and we got to continue our conversation at the game. Even the breakfast attendant at the hotel turned out to be from my hometown and had lived on the same street as my grandmother! After only four days, this hotel felt like home and I hated to leave! I definitely hope to go back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week with a toddler. I loved this hotel from the moment I walked in. they have complimentary coffee and cookies in the lobby at all times, they have a bookshelf full of books for all ages to take and read. Friendly staff, rooms are spacious and clean!! Breakfast was different every day and really good (included in the price). The fluffiest towels I have ever used which I looooved! I would stay here over and over again. Walmart and a gas stating is across the street. A nail salon right behind the hotel. Obviously from my review I just loved it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
NMB
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a room reserved at the budget inn..when we got there and saw how disgusting the place was..we went right down the road to country inn and suites..the service was great..the room in excellent condition.. The breakfast was good..in my honest opinion I think we got our moneys worth..

Granville, Ohio
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Had to book a quick trip to FL after a family member became critically ill. This was my first time staying at a CI&S and I was thoroughly impressed with this hotel. Front entrance was extremely clean & welcoming, lobby was very nicely decorated, couldn't have asked for a more efficient check-in process. Room was very nice & clean & had a microwave & frig. Bathroom was nicer than my bathroom at home. Breakfast was nice & more importantly is included in the cost of the room. Loved the free WI-FI. The use of the business center is complimentary which is a big plus! Check-out was effortless. The only minor issue (emphasis on "minor") was that I could hear the folks talking in the room next door in the middle of the night. I solved that problem by turning on the room a/c to drown out the noise. Overall, a great value for the money. I will gladly return to this hotel. Thanks Country Inns & Suites!

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have stayed at many, many Country Inns and have never been disappointed..until now.

We are professional bike designer/builders and we recently stayed here for a weekend event in Clearwater. The event was a motorcycle show hosted by Quaker Steak and Lube (who, by the way, went out of their way to accommodate the HUGE number of participants and spectators for the show). Country Inn made no special arrangements for the guests of the show. Not only did they not provide any designated parking space, but actually DENIED all requests to use the 2 covered parking spaces in front of the lobby area for the bikes participating. Subsequently, we covered our custom bike for the night and parked behind the building as directed. Two other bikes came in after us and also parked in the unsecured area. In the morning we went out to where we parked and were greeted by police and the other bike owners. Apparently, their bikes were vandalized, and personal items, as well as parts from their bikes, had been stolen during the night.

When we arrived and realized the parking situation, we requested a ground level room so we could try to keep a closer eye on our bike. We were told there were no first floor rooms available and were given a room on the 4th floor. The room was a designated handicap access room. The problem was, three times during our stay the elevator was not operational. I can only imagine the problem that would be if we were actually handicapped. Having to use the stairwells was not a problem for us, except that fire escape routes which indicate where the stairs are weren't posted ANYWHERE in the building, including in the rooms, near the elevators, or anywhere in the hallways. I can only imagine the hazard that would pose if there were ever a need for an emergency evacuation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I arrived to the inn early unable to check in which I understood.. However it would have been nice to have a CLEAN ROOM.. The bathroom had old soap from the previous patron. That explained alot I was afraid to put my feet in the tub.. I told the front desk.. The manager on duty "I will take care of it". I return later that day the bed was NOT MADE and the same soap was in the shower. I called "they don't make beds with personal items on them" I left my neck roll on top of the bed.. So I guess they don't clean bathrooms either because I left my shower gel out.. It was a tragic experience. It was party all night outside the inn on a weekday.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pinellas Park
Comfort Inn North
Comfort Inn North
#9 of 42 in St. Petersburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Petersburg - Seminole Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites St....
#11 of 42 in St. Petersburg
Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Petersburg - Clearwater? Share your experiences!