“Best Country Bar in Tampa.. Yes, even better than The Dallas Bull.”

Waterin' Trough Dance & Saloon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Country Bar in Tampa.. Yes, even better than The Dallas Bull.”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The Trough is great. Unlike the Dallas Bull, which can't decide whether its a night club or a country bar, the Trough is a true country bar. I used to go to The Roundup on thursday nights because it had the cutest girls, and I live right down the street from it. But now its not even close. Judging from the way the crowd has grown over the past year and a half, I know I'm not alone on making the switch. The place itself is waaaaaaay nicer than The Roundup. Instead of a strip mall bar with 9 foot ceilings, you get a huge alone building with 30 foot ceilings. That makes a huge difference when you consider how many smokers a country bar can have. Oh, and did I mention how much cuter the girls are? The owners are really nice people with a genuine concern for the welfare of their customers. The Bartenders are great. (especially Derek, he has quite possibly the best memory of any bartender I have ever seen.) The security has presence, but don't go on power trips. I used to think the Trough was a nice place with a lot of potential. Now that they bring the crowd, it is nice to see that potential being realized.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Adam K

Augusta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Not quite like the real thing”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

As a southern girl, when my Florida friends suggested this place for a night out, I was a little skeptical. I put on my best cowgirl boots and daisy dukes expecting to feel out of place, but apparently everyone wears here. I was even pleased to see some cowboy hats floating around. Overall, I had a fun time, but there were several factors that give it a lower rating. First of all, while the line dancing is the main attraction, it would be nice if every single song did not have a specific dance choreographed with it. It's a bit daunting to try to learn them on the spot because a lot of them are kind of complicated (sometimes I felt like I was in Footloose). They offer dance lessons at 7 PM I believe, but who wants to go to a club at 7? Second of all, this place was expensive. Being a girl, I am used to getting certain perks when I am out. We went on a Saturday night and had to pay a $7 cover fee. Really?! At other clubs, I pay $3-5 dollars TOPS and that's on the rare occasion when I do have to pay. Drinks were pricey too.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank Stacie W
Pinellas Park, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Waste of a country bar”
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Not a true country bar but a bar for young girls dressed in cut offs and boots looking for a hook up

2 Thank shug2481
Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Place, fun and entertaining!”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Definitely bring your ID, they check them. I had to go back to my car for mine. Once inside we had the best time with the bartenders joking as they got our drinks. DJ was awesome! Played our requests except for one, which wasn't country. Wished us a happy Birthday too! I will be a regular customer from now on!
Thanks

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Funseeker63
Largo, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Ever!!!”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I don't care what you have heard or what you have seen there. You must have just had a bad night because, yes it's a little expensive, but it's an amazing place && very fun... No tolerance to drama, which is awesome. Don't have to deal with beyond drunk people because they don't put up with it. If you get too drunk they cut you off or kick ya out. They are NOT rude they have RULES! You don't like the dance lesson instructor don't go until 9.

Cover Fees
18-20:Monday - Wednesday Free.
21+:Monday - Wednesday Free
18-20:Thursday (Ladies Night) - $5
21+:Thursday (Ladies Night) - Ladies $5 Guys Free (they have to pay for drinks ladies drink for 5 bucks all night long.
18-20:Friday - Saturday $15
21+:Friday - Saturday $7 or $15 (sink or swim)
Closed Sunday.
Open til 3am. Except on Monday - Wednesday they close at 12.

Visited September 2011