All reviews old florida island house pine island crab cake sliders triple tail cuban sandwich boca grande a water view room cabbage key heritage trail snapper relaxing weekend small pool continental breakfast is north captiva cayo costa state park boaters
Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I were driving around the area and just happened upon this beautiful lodge and restaurant for a late lunch. We were seated on the porch and enjoyed a beautiful view of the grounds and dock area. It appeared that many people come and go by boat.
The food was delicious,and our waitress Nancy took very good care of us. I had the crab cake sliders which were delicious. My friend enjoyed the corn and crab chowder more than the bruschetta.
It looked liked a wonderful place to spend a relaxing weekend!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank 978betsyk
Reviewed February 10, 2018

We really enjoyed our stay at Tarpon Lodge. We made reservations for next year before we left! Everything was clean, relaxing, and friendly. The food
was good and it was nice to come get our breakfast at our leisure. The staff was always helpful and friendly. Our room had two queen beds and they were very comfy. We were not facing the water but we had the porch or huge lawn to enjoy the views. We loved the sunsets on the porch, the beautiful grounds of the property, and we can't wait to come stay again. What we liked best was the the beautiful views and relaxing feeling we had while there. My tip would be that if you're looking for a lot of activities like shopping, traffic, or ton's of people around, you need to look somewhere else.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2018

We stayed at the hotel 3 nights. We came by boat, crossed through the state of Florida for my 60th Birthday. The hotel, hotel staff, dining facilities and dockage was fantastic. The hotel is very nice but not pretentious, the staff goes above and beyond to make your stay truly enjoyable. My daughter gave me a gift certificate for a massage on my birthday and she was told that Uber was available to take me to the spa. As mentioned we came by boat and did not have a car. I called Uber 1/2 hour before my appointment and no one was available. I went into the office and asked if there was a taxi cab service. The front desk called the taxi only to find out that they had a 1 1/2 hour wait. Needless to say I was very disappointed to find all of this out. The front desk person said "I will take you" and that is what she did. I was very taken aback at this level of customer service. You don't find this type of customer service very often. That night, on my birthday we had dinner in the restaurant and it was by far the best dinner I have had in many, many years. Just fantastic! I would highly recommend the Tarpon Lodge to anyone. Thank you Tarpon Lodge for your great customer service.

Room tip: I believe all rooms have a good view
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2018

I thought the food was very good but overpriced. $47 for a New York Steak. It was well prepared and very tasty. In fact all of the food was great. I was taken back that we had to ask three times for more bread. They only gave us 2 little wedges of bread and it was gone in an instant. Our waitress was not paying attention and had to ask for more bread again and again. At prices they charge, I found this to be a total annoyance. I almost felt guilty asking again and again. Maybe it's the policy of the restaurant to be stingy with the Bread
Overall we totally enjoyed our meal but I would not return for another dinner.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

Waitress recommended special. It was bad...triple tail fish. Over salted, mystery side dish. Waitress forgot salad, rushed us thru courses ,overcharged for item not ordered. We will not return. Empty tables from the time we arrived, but we were not seated for twenty minutes.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple