All reviews old florida island house pine island crab cake sliders triple tail cuban sandwich boca grande a water view room waterfront view cabbage key heritage trail snapper grounds are beautiful relaxing weekend small pool continental breakfast is north captiva
Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

We celebrated a 50th wedding anniversary here for lunch on the way to North Captiva and were very pleased with the meal and overall experience.

Thank you to Sue for arranging the reservation through email and helping us out.

This is a great location to look at the gulf and if you are catching a ferry to North Captiva you will likely travel through Pineland Marina which is right next door. We had our Uber driver drop us off at the Tarpon for lunch and then walked to the ferry terminal after lunch.

The meals were great, the service excellent and the atmosphere is beautiful. Thank you Tarpon Lodge and Restaurant for a great start to our vacation and helping us celebrate 50 years of marriage!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2017

My wife and I recently joined two couples for a five day stay at Tarpon Lodge. I have to say that, in making my reservations, the gals were great - particularly calling me back to make sure my reservation was complete. We were in room 6 in the Island House. The room was clean, comfortable and the bed was perfect. Breakfast was elementary, with toast, cereal, juice ad bagels - OK for us but somewhat on the basic side for what you'd expect from a top scale lodge. On the other hand, the restaurant was excellent from the chowder to the triple tail to the Cuban sandwich - all great!

I did have one issue as they had not replaced all the protective covers on the studs where the hurricane shutters mounted (Irma is still in recent memory). The sharp end of one of the studs pierced my arm - not major but I'm current on my tetanus shots.

That being said, this is a mighty fine place to visit...and I will be there again!

Room tip: get a room with a bay view.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank sniffdaddy
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

We had only stayed here once before, although we had dined there several times, over the years. We wanted to have a laid-back, water-based interlude to celebrate this year’s anniversary, so we booked a three-night stay. Putting our run-about boat in the water at Pineland Marina (next door), and docking it behind the Lodge, we had three days of access to water destinations (Cabbage Key; Cayo Costa State Park; Boca Grande; and Matlacha), plus fishing opportunities in Pine Island Sound.
Casual breakfasts; cocktails on our deck watching pods of dolphins feed, and white pelicans roost; a delightful dinner, watching the sundown drift into the starry night all combined to make this celebration memorable. We will, most assuredly visit again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2017

Stopped for lunch while on Pine Island. Ordered the catch of the day, which was triple tail. Delicious! Came with a side of flavored rice and crisp green beans. Atmosphere is homey and quaint. Service was outstanding. View of the water was relaxing. Spouse ordered the Pine Island Sound salad; it was large and tasty. We sat by the water for a while and walked the grounds. Small pool, green space and docks surrounded the lodging area. Secluded area.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marianne T
Reviewed October 2, 2017

We went to Tarpon Restaurant to celebrate a friends birthday. After what seemed like a 4 hour drive from Cape Coral winding into the middle of nowhere we found Tarpon Lodge. I'm glad it was so far out because it set the mood and gave a true experience of what Florida living should be like.

We started out the evening by grabbing a drink at the bar and walking out to the pier to watch the sunset. Since I have given up drinking, for the most part, I ordered a Beck's--Yucky McYuckerson. I was wondering where the smell of skunk was came from and realized after taking a drink that it was the Beck's. Apparently the gnats by the pier loved the smell because they tore my legs up. I digress.

After spending about an hour watching the sunset, we went inside for our dinner seating. I ordered a vegan pasta dish that was specially prepared as we called in prior to see if the chef could accommodate me. It was good, not spectacular but I was pleased that they tried to make a dish for me.

The ambience was the best part of the experience. Sitting in the restaurant took me back to the early 1900's when the lodge was built.

I would certainly go back even if to watch the sunset.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple