All reviews old florida island house pine island crab cake sliders triple tail cuban sandwich boca grande a water view room cabbage key heritage trail snapper relaxing weekend small pool continental breakfast is north captiva cayo costa state park boaters
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Spent two nights in Room 1 with a view of the water. Lovely, old fashioned inn with superlative restaurant. My husband had the triple tail fish entree which he graciously shared with me and I had the scallops with a berry sauce and walnuts. Both dishes were outstanding. For lunch we each had a cup of their crab chowder which was wonderful and shared their crab cake sliders. Best crab cake sliders we have ever had. We viewed just an unbelievable sunset from their outdoor chairs on one of the evenings. Took the water taxi out to Cabbage Key and had lunch at the restaurant out there which is owned by the Tarpon Lodge. Repeated the lunch with the crab sliders. How can you improve on perfection? Wonderful two day getaway.

Room tip: Room one has the king size bed with two balconies to view the water from. So quiet and peaceful.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TarponLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Tarpon Lodge & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thank you very much for your review. Quite simply, it made our day! We will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed in the Boat House for a Tarpon fishing adventure. The beds were comfortable and the house was very clean. Everything was perfect. The lodge staff was helpful in recommending our guide Erik Flett, Native Attitude fishing. The trip could not have been better.

Date of stay: June 2014
TarponLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Tarpon Lodge & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in one of our two efficiencies, the Boat House. We feel fortunate that Erik Flett, one of the local fishing guides, keeps his boat at our docks. It makes it easy for our guests to experience the satisfaction of fishing Pine Island Sound.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

My husband I visited Pine Island for a weekend getaway..It was absolutely gorgeous and the hospitality exceptional. By the time we left, Debbie and the gang were like family. So accomodating and helpful. Our waterview room was nothing less than PERFECT. Overlooks the pool, water and the grounds. Manicured, clean, palm trees, landscape, I COULD GO ON AND ON.. Our only regret was that we didn't have the chance to eat at the fabulous restaurant, as there was a wedding reception taking place on Saturday night. But we will DEFINITELY enjoy their restaurant the next time we go, as I WILL NEVER STAY ANYWHERE ELSE on Pine Island but TARPON INN... We just absolutely fell in love with this place. If you are in the area, I highly recommend you get off the beaten path and seek them out. You will NOT regret it !!!

Room tip: Room #6 is the BOMB.. its an end room and a view that you can't beat !!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We will definitely let Debbie know that you felt as if you were treated like family!

Our waterview rooms are definitely a popular choice - we are glad that you enjoyed Room #6. See you again soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

My husband and I aren't your average Florida tourists. We don't like crowds and we aren't sun bathers. So when we discovered The Tarpon Lodge, we thought we found heaven. Yes it is off the beaten path, but that's what makes it so attractive. I always choose the lodging for our trips and we usually stay at B&Bs or Inns. So as we traveled down the long road to the Tarpon Lodge, my husband wondered if we were ever going to get there and ask me what did I get us into as we didn't see another hotel or motel in our travels. As we finally turned the bend toward the lodge, his question was answered...paradise. A beautiful destination with comfortable accomodations and a 5-star restaurant. What more could we ask for? Every meal was eaten on the premises and each was a culinary delight. My husband and I are in our 60's and have raised our children and have gone on our share of family vacations. We no longer care to be around screaming kids and being splashed while poolside. At Tarpons Lodge, we only experienced peace and quiet. The only child we saw was a baby in a stroller. This is not to say that the lodge isn't family-friendly, but it is more of a tranquil location for fishing, boating, reading, and relaxing. There are no amusement parks nearby. From now on, this will be our "only" Florida destination.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

What a compliment! We are so pleased to hear that you have decided to make the Tarpon Lodge your "only" Florida destination.

Glad that you kept driving "off the beaten" path and found us. See you again soon!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We capped off our Florida trip with a nice relaxing stay at the Tarpon Lodge in Pineland Florida just outside of Ft. Myers. We loved room #6 which had an amazing view of the water. It's a very peaceful setting with manicured landscaping and palm trees surrounding the property. There is a restaurant at the hotel which is great! I had the homemade tortellini with crab meat and my girlfriend had the catch of the day.
If you have your own boat this is the place for you! You can bring your boat and dock it at the hotel which is great! Wake up, enjoy the hotels complimentary breakfast and jump on your boat to hit some of the best tarpon fishing in Florida. The water around here was just amazing! Nice and calm with lots to see: sea turtles, birds, otters, tarpon, and dolphins everywhere! Stop by their sister property located on Cabbage Key. Great bar and restaurant on this quaint little island. This is a must see as well!

Room tip: We love room #6. With water views and an amazing sunset. This place is what "old Florida" is all about. Oh... and great WiFi!
Date of stay: May 2014
1  Thank The_Viaggiatore

We are glad that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay at the Tarpon Lodge.

We feel honored that one of Trip Advisor's Top Contributors (you) took the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us. Receiving this kind of feedback really makes our day!

We hope that we are part of your itinerary on your next trip to Florida!