“Consistently delicious”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have been frequenting this restaurant for over ten years at the Pinecrest and Coral Gables location since they opened. It is one of our family favorites. We have tried many dishes, but the favorites we keep returning to are the Ms. Saigon rice noodle bowls, the chicken noodle pho, the chicken with mushrooms and green papaya salad. We have had other dishes as well and have never been disappointed. The service is efficient and friendly. I have eaten in other Vietnamese restaurants that I have enjoyed, but their rice noodle bowls are the best!! I disagree with other reviews about the traditional dress and the "hovering" wait staff. If you want good home made Vietnamese food in a pleasant environment, this is your place. I believe they have 3 locations now.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Owner son Richard provided ideal service and menu selection! After learning it was out first time visiting Richard told us history of the restaurant ( his family owns it) an ordered us our dishes ( yum) lemon grass fish pan fried...and unicorn dessert ( yum, yum) . Then welcomed us to return by telling us a Vietnamese story ending in a serenade. What a great experience and meal! Will def go back with rest of family.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Went to this place after reading the reviews (plus, I love Vietnamese food). It was a huge disappointment. The staff was nice (though they seemed to be overstaffed so they kept hovering and staring at our table), but scruffily dressed in "traditional Vietnamese" costumes that made them look grotesque. The place looked dirty and smelled of dirty toilets, but my partner insisted we give it a chance so we stayed. The manager was nice, but of course recommended the most expensive dishes (which turned out to be just like those of any other Asian restaurant). We ended up paying a lot more than we would have in a much better restaurant, for food we could have cooked ourselves (just to be clear, we're not snobs and we don't really cook that well). Not coming back!

1  Thank MKST2010
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Ever had a restaurant call the police on you? I usually had a great experience at Miss Saigon and have encouraged friends and family to go for many years - in spite of the occasion my friend found a small roach in his pho soup at their Coral Gables location a few years ago. Their streak ended abruptly when I went to return some food that I had ordered for take-out. The manager told us that he could not give us a refund, only a store credit. A refund would have to wait an hour until during which time we can sit and wait. We informed the manager that we would simply put the amount in dispute with the credit card company and requested an itemized bill to dispute the items we returned. The manager then accused me of theft and CALLED THE POLICE! The police came and suddenly the manager was able to give us our receipt and process a refund. If they are willing to burn a bridge with me and my family, they are ready to do it with you. Sad night for us, pathetic reaction from them.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

The food is always fresh and the staff is friendly, i love the caramelized pork and the spring rolls.