“cracker florida”

Pouncey's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Perry
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 6, 2014

have been here many times over a period of more than 30 years, through several different owners ---- food is typical florida cracker food; fried chicken, yams, greens, banana pudding. Food has always been good ---- probably kept the same cooks. Most of the waitresses excellent. Passing through always stop for breakfast ham and eggs or Sunday chicken dinner. This is the type of place you continue to return to when possible................

Reviewed February 19, 2014

No pretenses here. It is what it is - home cooking southern style. Nothing fancy and maybe not the greatest cooks in the world, but the service was fine and the food was edible. A couple of the items we ordered were a little on the salty side but I almost prefer that to under seasoned food.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

fried pork chop comes with two sides. I had mashed potato and macaroni & cheese. cherry cobbler was really good.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Perry used to be a big happening stop over back in the day but I-10 changed the traffic route to south Florida. I like the "off the beaten trail" towns. I had stayed in Perry many, many years ago and don't remember anything about it so I wanted to revisit. My daughter and I were on a road trip and staying at a low cost hotel. I like local food when possible. The owner of the hotel recommended Pouncey's. Good advice. It is not fancy but the food was good, service was good, and a good price. It became very busy on a Thursday night so get there early.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

What a friendly restaurant to experience. Our motel host suggested this place and we were really pleased when we arrived. It sounded like a party with the wait staff interacting with the customers who must be locals. We arrived after the specials of the day where you choose 1 protein, 3 sides, one of which was German chocolate cake. Since it was Saturday after 5pm it was Swamp Night with gator tail, catfish and frog legs. Friday is Prime Rib and Surf & Turf night. The place was busy as was their to-go business. We both selected the pork plate, I chose the small and Vern has the large. It comes with Yeast Rolls or Garlic Toast. We got the toast as the rolls were already gone. Vern had a nice salad with real blue cheese dressing and a baked potato salad. I had the slaw and baked sweet potato. The meat was excellent and I loved my sweet potato! The slaw was slightly vinegary for me. Vern enjoyed his meal. The atmosphere is the best here.

Been to Pouncey's Restaurant? Share your experiences!