“Now 'Jody's Surf & Turf'”
Review of Hot Dog Stand - CLOSED

Hot Dog Stand
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We had read about a hot dog stand when we were looking at a visit and when we stopped in, we were surprised at the senior couple and their granddaughter working in what was billed as Jody's Surf and Turf. Everything that was written about some of the uniqueness of the setting still appears to be true; they will still fix fish that you've caught, but they also have sandwiches, seafood entrees, burgers, and of course, hot dogs.

We went twice for a late lunch and was pleasantly surprised both times even though it seems the kitchen is still trying to find its niche. Some things are cooked to perfection, others are able to refill the crankcase in the car. They also seem to rely on grocery store staples for their menu items. I gave them four stars based on effort, friendliness, and really kitchy decor. (See pic). Behind the main building, there does seem to be an actual hot dog stand consisting of a 12 foot bar with stools and a newsstand style building(?)

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Our favorite kind of restaurant. Very nice staff and a local hangout. There were legion riders, local kids sans parents, fishermen, and the after-church crowd all there for lunch. The owner? gave the kids free ice cream, and the food was good, prices very low.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had a great experience here. Our server Chrissy was so friendly. She went above and beyond to make our experience great. The new owners have made great improvement inside the restaurant. The food was very good and reasonably priced. Our group had the fish sandwich, cheeseburgers and the chicken club. Everyone was satisfied. While we did have good food in a good atmosphere, I have to say that it was the service we got that really made the great experience! Thanks Chrissy!!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have been here before about 2 years ago, we had wonderful food and good service. We stopped by today and had to ask the servers to please clean off a table so we could sit down even though no one was doing anything. I guess if you ask for a table to be cleaned off you do not get waited on again, a four top was seated 5 minutes after us and had their drinks brought to them and their order taken while we waited for any one to even take our order. After 10 minutes we walked out, they are the only restaurant in town and they know it , attitude is everything and they proved that they think their &#$@ don't stink. We won't EVER be back.

1  Thank RVoyager2
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The Keaton Beach Hot Dog Stand located right on the small beach, has new management for the past 3 months and the 2nd time since the long time manager who had it, passed away a couple of years ago. The current manager, a former long time employee, has taken the reins over the operation and is striving daily to make things even better and as close as possible to how it was 2 years ago. I could see the improvement over my last visit there last spring. On my April visit this year, I only had the opportunity to try their Grouper Sandwiches and hamburgers which were excellent. The hamburgers were huge!!! I didn't try any of their seafood entrees this trip to the Keaton area, but I was made aware that they get their seafood fresh every week and have heard from the locals that they were very good. Only because I just tried limited selections, I rated my visit as very good instead of excellent, but what I did try, was excellent! The Hot Dog Stand is a neat little place and has always been worth a visit and I look forward to going there again the next time I'm in Keaton Beach.

3  Thank fishchaser